It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would anyone help your child in this situation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity
The kid is screaming “HELP ME! You’re not my dad, YOU’RE NOT MY DAD!” And they still ignored her..And your right a small kid may not be able to yell anything ..Little ones might be so scared all they do is cry..sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I know that, I would have stopped and asked whats going on, and are you alright, do you need help, and would have alerted others if she said yes.

I was only responding to what another said. But that was expecting adult words to come out a child and children are going to use simpler terms.

I don't know you, stranger, stranger, help help would be a good thing to yell too for an older child.

A smaller child it would HELP HELP Your not daddy! HELP.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Writing down a plate number and getting a picture might help the police find the guy AFTER she was raped and killed.

I would have for sure walked in and asked questions and if it didn't ad up he would have been physically detained until it was either sorted out or the police were there.

I would risk an assault charge before I let that little girl go with him.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The abduction was fake, staged?

Here is the problem with these kinds of things: they aren't real. People, even in their zombie state, can usually sense when there is fraud of this kind and will walk past it. These folks staged an event to traumatize people, that in and of itself is beyond reprehensible, then when people didn't react to their fakery they use that as a battle cry?

It's fake, as such, the "test" isn't really a test to see if people react to a REAL abduction, but a test to see if people will react to a FAKE abduction. Yes, they did a test to see if people will react to a fake abduction, so what is the social value in that?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Tackle the guy. If this was a test, he's got no one to blame but himself for any injuries.
If this was not a test, I saved a child from a potential living nightmare.
Always, always better safe than sorry when it comes to child abduction.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Around here where things like that go on, I am usually the first if not the only one who will come out and see whats wrong. Anytime I hear a woman or Child in distress Im there. As for others whom live here, sometimes one or two others will come along. But most times its just me. I was born in a different day and age, and raised to belive that it was a mans job to protect and defend women and children. There were a few examples of such men for me to look up to and follow back then. But now I fear that men are no longer men, and the men who were or are are of a dying breed. leaving only big boys.
Worse of course is the women who walk by and do or say nothing.
Especially when a child is involved. About me, I'm 56, only 5'3, 120 lbs. My short stature never stopped me from interveining in anything, and I've had a great many such encounters in my lifetime, and it never will, even if it gets me killed one day. When that the day comes, my only wish is that there will be someone to take my place, but I've not much hope of that after seeing this video.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Sugarcookie

I applaud your post. This is indeed an interesting topic. I am a father of twin children, and for security purposes, I will not reveal their ages or gender.

I will tell you that based on THIS video, the little girl screaming, "You are not my dad" can be taken two different ways. The man with the girl could in fact be a step father, and the child is being defiant, and second, he could be an abductor.

I am ALWAYS the one who jumps into a situation, and my wife however tries to keep me from "getting involved." Though I always do, and I find myself either being a hero, or accused of being a nutcase.

Either way, I would rather be considered a nutcase and get involved, not matter what.

I think the topic is VERY situational. Where, when, and the surroundings surly have a lot of play here. It would also depend to a degree as to what MY situation is at that moment -- do I have my family with me, my wife, my kids? Then how do I react? Obviously, if I am alone, I am "IN", but it doesnt shame me to say that if I have my family with me, I have to take into account their protection from the situation too.

For example, doest he man int his case have a concealed weapon that could be fired and injure my family?

So I dont think it is a cut and dry, YES OR NO, answer. There are many variables that need to be considered, in a very swift thought, in a short period of time. NOT ALL PEOPLE can perform this way.

I know, however, that from previous experiences, that I am ABLE to make quick decisions on the spot.

So chances are, my adrenaline would kick in, and I would go into hero mode.

phantomjack
Thank you for the kind words..
I thought it was a interesting topic also but one that kinda made me made me upset..
I had a hard time believing people could walk past a Innocent child screaming for help and not want to get involved ..Your right surroundings would have allot to do with a person jumping into this if she was in a dark alley id run for help or call 911 ..
But i know in my heart i would not care who was with me id have to do something unless he was waving a gun in my face ..
But your right there is no YES OR NO, answer i guess id just go with my gut instinct..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I know that, I would have stopped and asked whats going on, and are you alright, do you need help, and would have alerted others if she said yes.

I was only responding to what another said. But that was expecting adult words to come out a child and children are going to use simpler terms.

I don't know you, stranger, stranger, help help would be a good thing to yell too for an older child.

A smaller child it would HELP HELP Your not daddy! HELP.

Unity
I know you would have stopped and asked ..You have alot of heart i couldnt see you walking past and putting this child on ignore..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If you think serial killers are bad f##k with my kid,I will get you eventually.I am an expert close infiltrator. I would react most unfavorably to such behavior in my presence,although it would be a shame for a child to watch it.

edit on 3-5-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: point fnished

edit on 3-5-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: forgot the "Y"

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Writing down a plate number and getting a picture might help the police find the guy AFTER she was raped and killed.

I would have for sure walked in and asked questions and if it didn't ad up he would have been physically detained until it was either sorted out or the police were there.

I would risk an assault charge before I let that little girl go with him.

mwood
Writing down a plate number and getting a picture is a good idea but not everyone has a cellphone or access to a pen and paper..
But I'm glad to hear you would step in and helped this child out shows there is love in this world,peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
A lot more info about a situation can be gained from a real cry for help vs acting, so I don't take this to be that shocking. In a real scenario a kid would probably not be saying "you're not my dad" but you'd pick that up from the voice.

I don't think the bystander effect plays into this really, a person by themselves in this situation could very well be less likely to intervene than out in the open.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
The abduction was fake, staged?

Here is the problem with these kinds of things: they aren't real. People, even in their zombie state, can usually sense when there is fraud of this kind and will walk past it. These folks staged an event to traumatize people, that in and of itself is beyond reprehensible, then when people didn't react to their fakery they use that as a battle cry?

It's fake, as such, the "test" isn't really a test to see if people react to a REAL abduction, but a test to see if people will react to a FAKE abduction. Yes, they did a test to see if people will react to a fake abduction, so what is the social value in that?

crankyoldman
Yes the abduction was faked you must not have watched the video..
If i saw this going on i would not have thought this was fake or staged in anyway..
It looked more like people just plain didn't want to get involved to me..
I felt there was allot of value in this video its a good one to show your children what to do if there ever in this spot..And it also showed how horrible our society has become to turn a deaf ear to our children in need,I also didn't view any of this as a battle cry..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
If you think serial killers are bad f##k with my kid,I will get you eventually.I am an expert close infiltrator. I would react most unfavorably to such behavior in my presence,although it would be a shame for a child to watch it.

edit on 3-5-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: point fnished

edit on 3-5-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: forgot the "Y"

cavtrooper7
Id probably feel the same way if i was a man..But id let the police take care of the scumbag and hopefully our justice system would punish him for a long time..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
A lot more info about a situation can be gained from a real cry for help vs acting, so I don't take this to be that shocking. In a real scenario a kid would probably not be saying "you're not my dad" but you'd pick that up from the voice.

I don't think the bystander effect plays into this really, a person by themselves in this situation could very well be less likely to intervene than out in the open.

Turq1
How in the world would you know if this was a real cry for help vs acting its not like they told anyone before it was done i sure wouldn't know the difference..
Looks to me like no one cared or wanted to get involved and that is sad..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dcboltar

Around here where things like that go on, I am usually the first if not the only one who will come out and see whats wrong. Anytime I hear a woman or Child in distress Im there. As for others whom live here, sometimes one or two others will come along. But most times its just me. I was born in a different day and age, and raised to belive that it was a mans job to protect and defend women and children. There were a few examples of such men for me to look up to and follow back then. But now I fear that men are no longer men, and the men who were or are are of a dying breed. leaving only big boys.
Worse of course is the women who walk by and do or say nothing.
Especially when a child is involved. About me, I'm 56, only 5'3, 120 lbs. My short stature never stopped me from interveining in anything, and I've had a great many such encounters in my lifetime, and it never will, even if it gets me killed one day. When that the day comes, my only wish is that there will be someone to take my place, but I've not much hope of that after seeing this video.

Dcboltar
Thank you for posting and bringing back my belief there is good people in this world that would step up and help a child or anyone in dire need..
My dad was allot like you he was always there protect and defend women and children he always felt it was his duty as a human being no matter what..
I agree its worse to me to see a women who would walk by and do or say nothing i know id be like a mother bear out to protect my baby's..
I think it all boils down to no one cares and they don't want to get involved isn't that a pity..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Tackle the guy. If this was a test, he's got no one to blame but himself for any injuries.
If this was not a test, I saved a child from a potential living nightmare.
Always, always better safe than sorry when it comes to child abduction.

DAVID64
Thank you for posting and for caring
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

But what if you're too scared. Here let me confess if there is a situation like this I would not do it not because I don't care but because I'm afraid the cops will come and arrest me. Alot of times Good Samaritans can get arrested
edit on 3-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

But what if you're too scared. Here let me confess if there is a situation like this I would not do it not because I don't care but because I'm afraid the cops will come and arrest me. Alot of times Good Samaritans can get arrested

starwarsisreal
I understand what your saying but i just couldn't stand back and watch this and walk on bye..I'm sure id probably just end up being arrested and and take the chance the courts would be on my side after i told them what happened..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Originally posted by Turq1

Turq1
How in the world would you know if this was a real cry for help vs acting its not like they told anyone before it was done i sure wouldn't know the difference..
Looks to me like no one cared or wanted to get involved and that is sad..peace,sugarcookie1

Real cries for help aren't whiny sounding. It'd be like the person getting kidnapped was thinking, "Aww shucks, I'm getting kidnapped, well this is slightly inconvenient." It'd be like the difference of acting like a stabbed person, vs actually getting stabbed...probably safe to say the sounds a person makes, not even they know what sounds they're making, so how do you act that? A lot of people probably thought it was a kid being fussy and in anger saying the he was not her dad.

Could be that people are picking up on the auditory ques for the majority of their decision making rather than visual. If people heard something horrible, but didn't see it, then what would people do?
edit on 5/4/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

But what if your only 17 which I am I'd probably wouldn't because then I'll look like I want to murder the child just like that one teenager that murder this kid one time.

news.sky.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join