It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Major Human Advancement. HUGE.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+160 more 
posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The last major human discovery was arguably Einstein’s theory of relativity. I think that single discovery led to a new era in our physical understanding of the universe’s mechanics. The next major human advancement is going to stem from that. The next major human advancement is going to be compassion. Yeah yeah, I know what some of you are thinking, "Compassion? Yeah right man, don't give me that new age mumbo jumbo." But hear me out. This rabbit hole goes deep.

Compassion means putting yourself in another’s shoes and trying to see from their relative perspective. Then, anything you do must be with respect to how it’s going to look through the other’s eyes. For example, a person with compassion wouldn’t kill a kid in cold blood for the simple fact that that person would be considering the effect it would have on the kid’s family. A person with compassion would clean the house up before their roommate got home after working hard all day. A person with TRUE compassion, though, would have this same kind of respect for all beings. When this is practiced with all life forms, that’s where God’s glory comes in. That’s where the rabbit hole goes INFINITELY deep.

See I believe there is a single observer (that I call God) who all of our lives and what we do with them matter to. The significance of this and how it ties into the topic of compassion is that there is one being or beingness that is getting an idea of what existence is like through trillions of relative perspectives.

To be the one observer, you’re going to ultimately have to be able to do this and remain coherent through the whole thing. This is why compassion is so huge. As many of us believe, all is one and we are making a long journey to some intelligence source. According to most of our beliefs, we are already connected to this source like a skin cell on an elephant not knowing the big picture and only able to comprehend the duties and existence of skin.

We are extremely caught up in our own individualized relativistic observations. We don’t take the time to appreciate other perspectives. If you want to see where I’m going with this, try to imagine what life would be like as a fly. Call this an exercise in compassion. Some of you may not be ready and mature enough for this level of compassion, which is fine.

When I said, “Try to imagine what life would be like as a fly, I know some of you were thinking things like “Why would I want to do that?”, and “That’s dumb.” and “Fly’s eat poop.”, and those are the people who aren’t going to get this, for the simple fact that they are too judgmental to have compassion. Yeah flies eat poop, and from their relative perspective, it tastes pretty good. I know you don’t care about what it’s like to be a fly, but the fly cares about being a fly relatively just as much as you care about being a human and the one observer cares about each of you equally.

This whole compassion thing isn’t about you, it’s about becoming closer to the one observer. All you know now is what humans know. The one observer knows what all knows. You see, the fly to a fly is infinitely more fantastic that what a fly is to a human. And compassion is your only chance in understanding what that must be like.

Remember, there is one observer. If you at least try to see what it’s like to be other animals and other humans, and sincerely try to put yourself in their shoes, you might just find out that you are already in their shoes and that you actually can see from their perspective, and feel what it’s like to be them and feel what they’re going through, whether that be sadness or celebration.

Personally, I don’t believe that the world is going to put us here among thousands of other species and we are going to be forever limited to communion with only one. I think compassion is going to hit in a big way and we are going to be playing with our dogs and cats in a way we’ve never dreamed of.

All of the things I’ve learned in life have led me to compassion. Prior to compassion, my latest discovery was the danger of being judgmental, and now that I am seeing the significance of compassion, I see that had I not learned about the erroneous way of judgment, I would not have been ready for the wisdom of compassion. Compassion is your way of putting yourself in other’s (other humans and other species) shoes and seeing what God sees in a more all-encompassing and more unified way.

The ego is that which not only makes you believe you are right when all evidence is slapping you in the face, but it is also the reason compassion is going to be hard at first. Compassion is hard. But the more you work at it, the easier it gets and the more it pays off. The ego is that which keeps you ignorant, compassion is going to be that which allows you to soar to a whole new level of knowledge.

I honestly can't stress enough the glory that compassion could bring. If there ever was an ascension, it would definitely be possible with compassion. Like I said, I can't describe what I'm seeing accurately with words, so I just urge you all to try a true compassionate way of life and see for yourself how deep the rabbit hole goes, because as I see it, there is no end to it and it keeps getting better and better as you go down. You just gotta jump.

edit on 3-5-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wonder full post.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well put, positive energy felt.. Enjoyed the read thanks OP.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

This is the reason I say that if there is any evolution at all, it will bring out the ESP in us all. No one will start any wars if you can feel everything that is happening to the people around you. ESP would be compassion taken to a whole new level...one that would benefit us all.

No one shoots themselves out of anger. Why would they shoot another person if it feels like they take the bullet as well?

ESP is our salvation. With ESP, will come understanding of the long term consequences of our actions. And that's the best lesson we can have.
edit on CThursdaypm191926f26America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I don't see how yall read that whole thing so fast.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

This is the reason I say that if there is any evolution at all, it will bring out the ESP in us all. No one will start any wars if you can feel everything that is happening to the people around you. ESP would be compassion taken to a whole new level...one that would benefit us all.

No one shoots themselves out of anger. Why would they shoot another person if it feels like they take the bullet as well?

ESP is our salvation. With ESP, will come understanding of the long term consequences of our actions. And that's the best lesson we can have.
edit on CThursdaypm191926f26America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Exactly. I think true ESP will be a product of a compassionate effort.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
ESP would be good as long as it was very light ESP you would not want to hear and feel everything from everyone.
You would loose all on you private thoughts and feelings

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Japanman

It's similar to a muscle. If you relax the muscle, it stops functioning as acutely. Also, just as with eyes and ears, you can learn to "tune" in or out.

Even if it has bad side effects, it wouldn't be as bad as the apathy we see nowadays. It's better to have malfunctioning ESP than to have a complete disregard for human life because the government pays you to shoot stuff.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Interesting & good reads make for fast data received my friend.

Originally posted by Starchild23

Exactly. I think true ESP will be a product of a compassionate effort.

I do as well its like considering how another would feel as you said and thats where many here on EA*RTH miss. It can even be traced back to the ancients if 1 may and how some had compassion for the species of man enough to alert man of ignorance done to the species..
edit on 5/3/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Compassion is like looking at a smaller animal and knowing you are more powerful than it is and you could probably kill it easily for food, but instead, you look past that and also see how powerful it is on its own relative terms. You see that its just as powerful as you are relatively to itself. Then you imagine what it is like to walk around as this creature with its own relative power and glory. Then you kinda start to ACTUALLY feel what it is like to be that creature. I can't put the experience's value in words. For one thing, there is a greater understanding of God. But what is understood can only be understood by doing compassion yourself. The value is in the understanding.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Interesting & good reads make for fast data received my friend.

lol nice.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Japanman
ESP would be good as long as it was very light ESP you would not want to hear and feel everything from everyone.
You would loose all on you private thoughts and feelings

I agree. And I think it can be intense as you want it to be. Its just a matter of how compassionate you choose to be. Be as compassionate as you are comfortable being. But know that the more compassionate you are, the more glorious your experience will be, so no matter what, I would work on being able to handle being more compassionate.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It just took me 3 minutes to read, maybe they read as fast as me? Plus you explained your point very clearly.

We both came to the understanding of the one after being judgmental..

Isn't it nice? People always wonder why animals like me so much, and how do you talk to them??
I imagine their life and their views and then decide what it is they are doing to communicate with me and I react back.
my cat just asked for food. He doesn't ask by meowing. He has many different ways of saying it, but hes always nice about it. Just now he paused looked at me, and made a certain cat eye look that means something like this:
"Please feed me, like sometime, in the next hour."

I just told my cat that I would feed him in just a bit, but do you think I used words? He understands some words, maybe on par with a dog, but we KNOW each other and don't need words. I don't even use hand gestures either. I only really have to use my eyes. If you look into an animals eyes, you can see their mood.

Ive imagined being plants before, and I'll never again be absent minded, and pick off leaves of a bush I'm passing.

Compassion is weird though.
It makes it really hard to justify anything in your favor, when you can just as easily justify the other 10 sides just the same. I find myself lacking strong opinions because I lack some ability to judge all the way now.

~Dusty
edit on 5/3/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I find it bizarre that you think the next major human advancement - after einsteins theory of relativity (a scientific theory) is compassion effectively moving from one category to another.

Now, while I don't at all devalue compassion, and I myself find it to be an indispensable aspect of human reality, it has absolutely nothing to do with einsteins theory or the concept of 'advancement' all together, inasmuch as the former deals with a progression in mans understanding of the physical universe (and so is discursive ) while the latter is a mere feeling one has for another person.

Truth be told, there is an advancement to be made and the scientists at CERN are intuitively aware of what it is: exposing the connection between mind and matter, or, in more technical terms, the causal relationship between archetypes and quantum mechanics.

This will be the ultimate theory, accounting for how the world works and how we ourselves fit into it - not as 'creatures' but as beings intimately united with the cosmos

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

what is meant is that all is relative to all else.
We are all relatives.
It is in a progression.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Are you talking about changing physical matter with the power of thought?

If so, part of that process is understanding the underlying principles in the physical world...the energy interactions and how our thoughts fit into the energy transfer scheme, even so far as affecting reality itself. When we come to that understanding, there will be a spiritual revolution.

And we will be on our way to unlocking ESP, just as Justin predicts.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
This will be the ultimate theory, accounting for how the world works and how we ourselves fit into it - not as 'creatures' but as beings intimately united with the cosmos

Keep in mind OTHER beings who may look @ humans like humans look @ cattle. And them reaching SOL system do you think the theory you mentioned will way more on EA*RTH with th em or them having compassion for you as a species?????????????????

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You are absolutely right. Compassion is essential for mankind to propagate the species...it's makes absolute logical sense. Critical thinking is no doubt a major step in human advancement. Aggression, self-destructive behavior, and wasteful consumption makes no logical sense in terms of survival in not only a species, but it's entire environment.

A wild animal, although not evil, per se, is going to hunt regardless of prey numbers...it cannot process thoughts much further than instinct. Wild animals don't kill things for emotional reasons, they have to in order to survive. We kill for many reasons other than to eat...yet, we hold the power of maintaining a peaceful status quo...a negative plus a positive will have a negative outcome. If we advance to the point of utmost compassion...it would change to positive and a positive therefore having a positive outcome.

Compassion is the root of all peace...a compassionate being on top of the food chain can maintain peace and balance.

Or..."and the meek shall inherit the earth..."

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The golden rule was invented before relativity... Weak thread. We all understand this concept and how it can help the world. More people understand this than the theory of relativity. NEXT

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Poopooplatter

Not NEXT.

If so many understood this concept, war would be obsolete. Therefore, your argument is also weak.

Continuing...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join