It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not illegal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I just wanted to remind everyone that each individual has the right to think the way they want to. They have the right to be racist. They have a right to be anti gay. They have a right to find transgender people disgusting. They have a right to find ex-cons suspicious. They have a right to religious bigotry. They have a right to not trust the government. They have a right to protest. They have a right to a conservative traditional family. None of this is illegal in America.

Since when is it illegal to hold a strong negative viewpoint? Since when is it illegal to stand by your convictions and speak out against what YOU consider to be morally wrong. Since when is it illegal to stereotype?

These rights are being attacked today in social media and in the MSM. When I was growing up, marriage was between a man and a woman. It was OK to mention FACTS about race. It was OK to alienate the social extreme. Majority rule was just that, majority rule. But today, its not OK. Today you will get lamp-blasted for speaking your mind about what you feel is morally or spiritually correct. Today it is almost illegal to offend someone or hurt their feelings. Today it is almost illegal to be Christian.

Everyday I look at the progression of things as they are getting faster like water swirling down a drain. Where are we going people? If God exists do you think he is happy with the state of things? What happened to the 1960's America where only men had to work and you could eat steak for dinner? What happened to the innocent days when you didn't have to worry if your kid would make it home alive from school?

I feel a great evil approaching, its not Niburu or Elinin. It is our own delusions of self righteous nanny-ism. Do you feel the chains of law tightening around your neck? The loud minority is trying to drown out the groans of the silent majority with these chains. The minority are the liberal extreme and the majority is you and me. Normal people. Since when was is wrong to be normal? Since when was being conservative a sin? Since when was is wrong to keep what you earned? What has happened to America people? What has happened to us?

Before you respond to this thread, think about what YOU want America to be like. Do you want a freak-show of nanny-ism or do you want something more conservative? Romney is not the answer and neither is Obama. YOU are the answer. If you want change, look no further than the mirror.

/endrant

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I think you have a very good point, and I think you expressed it very well.

And now the song "Man in the Mirror" is playing in my head.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

How is it almost illegal to be a christian? Last I checked Christians were the majority. Yep at 33%,

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Nope! You're absolutely right. It's not illegal to think & behave like a bigoted moron!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

You make a valid point and I see exactly the same thing happening here in the UK. We're well down the road of nannyism. As little as a simple oppinion can have you labelled a racist/homophobe/Man UTD fan ((......insert your evil here.....))

Its a worrying trend, especially when the man/woman in the street just wants to get on in life, go to work, pay their bills, look after the kids etc and their voice is drowned out by the loud minority. The PC brigade screaming human rights at us want everyone molly coddled from birth to grave.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I think you raise an important point.

The technologically enhanced monoculture is growing and spreading it's tentacles.

It's important to remind ourselves of our opinions, values, and beliefs, to second guess the intentions of the hivemind and to avoid sacrificing individuality just to feel a part of something.

I think these days it's a prudent exercise to take a peek into the layers of one's own psyche and affirm what's authentic and what may have been subversively manufactured...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Creed saw this coming years ago. Check this out.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Awesome post. This is not the America I grew up in. It has changed so much I can hardly believe it.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Top thread and well said. Star and flag for you.

top topics

join