It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armored gunman, 4 people dead in Arizona shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Armored gunman, 4 people dead in Arizona shooting

usnews.msnbc.msn.com

Updated at 9:20 p.m. ET: A man equipped with several firearms and body armor killed four people, including a toddler, on Wednesday in Gilbert, Ariz., authorities told azcentral.com. They believe he then killed himself.

J. T. Ready, a neo-Nazi and member of the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps, was among the dead, according to azcentral.com. It is unclear what role he played in the shootings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Seems we are living in some strange times when armed Neo Nazis wearing armour are going to war not just against others but possible even them selves. Is this what a Black President does to the minds of these crack pots? Even the news of George Zimmerman having a Myspace account ranting about mexicans with knifes attacking him each time he goes out the door.(And he is part Mexican) And posted on that website was. Si vis pacem, para bellum Latin for "If you wish for peace, prepare for war". Is this the new mind set for the crazies out there?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

usnews.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-5-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Did I miss something in the article?
A "neo-nazi" (according to the SPLC) is among the dead.
The shooter took his own life.

Was the shooter this nazi fellow, or are they just trying to link it as such?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Why would he wear body armor if he was going to commit suicide? Some things just don't make sense. It may be coincidence, but it just seems odd. I just seem to notice oddities in these extremist stories, or foiled bomb plots.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
tucsoncitizen.com...

"BREAKING: JT Ready facebook page “claiming” cartel killed him and to RIP"

I suspect that whatever group(racially or otherwise) gets blamed is going to be targeted for retaliation by J.T.'s neonazi buddies.

Also, is this the guy that stood around a tea party gathering with an assault rifle? Maybe OWS or something, I can't remember who was protesting, but he was there for protection or whatever.

Edit: turns out it was occupy phoenix
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
edit on 5/2/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

So the rest of the story makes sense? Just the killing yourself with body armor seems odd?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
www.azcentral.com...

A border militia leader on Wednesday shot and killed four people at a Gilbert home, including a toddler, before committing suicide, sources said.

Sources identified the shooter as Jason "J.T." Ready, a reputed neo-Nazi who made headlines when he launched a militia movement to patrol the Arizona desert to hunt for illegal immigrants and drug smugglers.

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Maybe it was a split second decision to turn the gun on himself? Perhaps the body armor was there for protection until he had reached his 'goal' or whatever crazy ambition was behind it.

Is this the guy who was standing guard at Occupy Phoenix with an AR-15? Wasn't he a marine or ex-marine?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Why would he wear body armor if he was going to commit suicide? Some things just don't make sense. It may be coincidence, but it just seems odd. I just seem to notice oddities in these extremist stories, or foiled bomb plots.

Maybe he had an agenda that he needed to accomplish. Body armor keeps him alive, then offs himself after mission accomplished.

Who knows?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Maybe it was a split second decision to turn the gun on himself? Perhaps the body armor was there for protection until he had reached his 'goal' or whatever crazy ambition was behind it.

Is this the guy who was standing guard at Occupy Phoenix with an AR-15? Wasn't he a marine or ex-marine?

Ready was a former Marine who headed the U.S. Border Guard, a militia-style group that routinely performed armed patrols in the southern Arizona desert. Early this year, Ready had formed an exploratory committee for a run as Pinal County sheriff. Read more: www.azcentral.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Actually, the whole story seems odd.

Updated at 9:20 p.m. ET: A man equipped with several firearms and body armor killed four people, including a toddler, on Wednesday in Gilbert, Ariz., authorities told azcentral.com. They believe he then killed himself.

J. T. Ready, a neo-Nazi and member of the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps, was among the dead, according to azcentral.com. It is unclear what role he played in the shootings.
So let me get this right. They say he killed four people and then himself. The very next paragraph they claim to not know what role he played. I'm guessing they may believe others to be involved. That's about the only way I could see this part making any kind of sense.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It doesn't make sense to me that someone committed to the continuation and strength of the white race would kill his grand daughter. Says his ex wife was a victim, so there may be some bad blood or whatever there, but something doesn't smell right.

I could see the authorities trying to cover it up as a murder suicide. Wouldn't want people to know a Mexican cartel can operate in Arizona. I can easily see mexican drug gangs having it out for J.T. since he was so outspoken and active against them. Especially since he was trying to become sheriff and all.

Looking at motives alone with the small amount of info I can scrounge on the net.... just doesn't add up.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
So let me get this right. They say he killed four people and then himself. The very next paragraph they claim to not know what role he played. I'm guessing they may believe others to be involved. That's about the only way I could see this part making any kind of sense.

Thats only one initial media report, choosing their words carefully.

From the initial report:

A border militia leader on Wednesday shot and killed four people at a Gilbert home, including a toddler, before committing suicide, sources said. Read more: www.azcentral.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
It doesn't make sense to me that someone committed to the continuation and strength of the white race would kill his grand daughter. Says his ex wife was a victim, so there may be some bad blood or whatever there, but something doesn't smell right.

It appears she was of mixed race, based on the image of her father, Jess Boggs, in the link below.

www.azcentral.com...

This *appears* to be the same Jess Boggs facebook: www.facebook.com...
edit on 2-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This is a tragic situation and I'm honestly at a loss for words

I can't figure out a motive from the info given, the whole situation just feels wrong though... It takes an extremely hardened/desensitized individual to kill a toddler though, stories like this make me shudder....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The deaths here are a tragedy. I don't know what to say...it's such a loss and preventable. This nut case showed up in Occupy Phoenix. There are many threads here at ATS about him, about that stunt and about his past history. Some supported him......and some absolutely did not.

'nough said on that, and I wish peace for the victims here. So many tragedies coming almost daily now.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I guess that was him at Occupy Phoenix.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Heres one of his profile pictures.

Facebook has been shut down?

www.facebook.com...
edit on 2-5-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Was this guy working with the border patrol. These pictures seem to show it. He stands in front of a border patrol truck with drugs in it.

www.flickr.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's very common for spree killers, school shooters, etc to either wear body armor or have spent some effort at obtaining it as part of the planning.

It's always about keeping control over when the incident comes to an end and some have even left behind notes that they wanted to make sure they would have to be taken out by a head shot which increases the likelihood of being killed. It sounds weird but the people who go over that edge usually want to go out with a bang and the last thing they want is to survive, escape or spend the rest of their lives in prison.

This is one of those strange issues w/ some sociopaths / psychopaths - they want to commit suicide but they want to express rage, contempt, etc for the World in an act of violence as part of that suicide. Some become serial killers and express those "feelings" over time (most psychopaths actually don't "feel" things emotionally but the sure do seem to feel anger, superiority, contempt for others, etc). Some just do it all at once in a random or long planned act of violence, usually mass murder.

Of course, not all of these people act out this way. That goes without saying but it still amazes me that a large number of the people who do these things turn out to have been undiagnosed psychopaths or even have been in treatment. Which ultimately means that no amount of new laws or social change will stop these things from occurring. Even countries with strict gun control, progressive / liberal governments and sophisticated cultures see these things. I think the best argument for why they happen so often in the US has more to do with our society, violence and sexuality in the media and cultural / family issues more prevalent in our society vs some others.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join