It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is not standing in front of a green screen during his Bagram speech...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
reply to post by Hydroman

Respectfully i ask. Why were people paranoid about it?

Am i missing something?

They are saying that the President of the U.S. is lying to us. They say he is not in Afghanistan, but was standing somewhere else in front of a green screen giving his speech. They say that the whole thing is staged to make us think he is there.

My argument in the matter is that he is not in front of a green screen. Whether or not he was in Afghanistan when he made the speech, that's a different argument. But, I do believe he was in Afghanistan at some point.

You have to admit, there are is a lot of paranoia on this site. This is just another one of those things...

There is one thing we can all agree on though, and that is it is election season and he's trying to get votes.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This post by Blackmarketeer should seal the deal that he was in Afghanistan and there was no green screen behind him.

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Why do you keep pushing this notion that he was outside? He was clearly still in the same hanger he earlier addressed the troops in. It's obviously NOT going to have the same level of sound or lighting quality of a traditional studio - but that's to be expected. He's at a military base in a hanger, not the press room of the WH.

Here's another shot, you can see the two humvees he stood in front of during the speech in the back, near the top of the image.

This image was from Mark Knoller's twitter acct.; (click for bigger image)

This image is looking in the opposite direction of where the humvees were parked - look at the stage for orientation.

(full sized image at Washingtonpost.com)

The clearest image yet, it shows the vehicles, and it shows the podium and POTUS seal hanging on the wall.

(Very large full-size image is HERE)

These images should prove beyond a doubt, that he was not "green screened", or "outside" - he was in the same exact hanger used to address the troops - clearly present, and invited, troops. Somebody send these pics to Jim Hoft, as it appears he is the moron who originated this bit of doltish innuendo over at the gatewaypundit.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is without a doubt greenscreen/cgi. The truck on the far left is a seperate element, notice not only that there are no shadows cast beneath it, but his feet disappear as well. This was propably just done for safety reasons as by this time enemy forces would be alerted to his presence and the secret service wouldn't want him giving an open air speech. However it does have sinister connotations as to how blatantly and easily they will lie to us.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
This is without a doubt greenscreen/cgi. The truck on the far left is a seperate element, notice not only that there are no shadows cast beneath it, but his feet disappear as well. This was propably just done for safety reasons as by this time enemy forces would be alerted to his presence and the secret service wouldn't want him giving an open air speech. However it does have sinister connotations as to how blatantly and easily they will lie to us.
Are you kidding me?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

While watching this "live" last evening, I too wondered. Someone (thank you crazydaisy) said that to them it looked surreal. That's the word I was looking for. I have just watched again, the original video from OP, in the highest HD that it was uploaded, of a 42 inch screen. To me, after the zoom-in, the background looks like a photograph. Again, to me, that's what it looks like, but only after the zoom. The other thing that catches my eye...look at his left arm during the whole time it's zoomed. It seems to be...pixelated...for lack of a better word. You can see like jagged edges.

You do understand what a video recording is right? But you are right, it does look like a photograph. Because it IS a photograph. Jesus Christ man, a video is a bunch of photographs.

Also, pixels exist in video recordings (Which are "Photographs")
edit on 3-5-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman

Are you kidding me?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Newer HD cameras and better lighting make broadcasts look surreal or hyperreal and create a greenscreen look.

Old people and people with bad TV's will think this is green screen because they have not gotten with the times...

This was not green screen but the way the original POST (about him being in front of green screen) was cut to make him look like he just appeared and did not walk out from anywhere or walk back into anywhere.

Very clever little ruse you ask me, the real conspiracy is why present it like he was infront of a green screen? Disinfo? HOAX? Ploy to not listen to what he is saying? There in lies the rub...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. Afghan terrorists came to America and blew up two of its tallest buildings. Former POTUS decides to stage victory celebration on a cruiser when Afghan war is nowhere near over. Current POTUS successfully takes out the #1 enemy of the state Bin Laden. And now here we are to talk about how incredibly huge a deal it is that our president would be in front of a green screen. Even though he is clearly not.

Next lets argue about whether Obama actually drinks diet soda, or whether he empties his diet soda cans only to fill them back up with the true, blue, full calorie cola.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You can set up blue and green screens in one frame. The Hummer he walks out from could be a big blue screen cut out... Or it could be a two Hummers in a warehouse someplace in Hollowood

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Japanman

This is what I'm talking about (however both elements could be the same background color). Watch the edges around different elements and you will notice the way the elements are layered together due to the opacity settings. I don't have access to CS.5 if I did I would dissassemble the elements (like with the photoshopped bc) and show you myself. I hope someone will do it soon.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I did think he went there but i think the video that was made was faked.
I don't know why they would fake it.
Maybe they wanted to get him "in and out" of there as fast as they could.
So having him run in and take some photos and then run out is a good maybe.
Or you got to rember the whole "DAVE" thing...
Maybe the troops where with some kind of body double that looks like him so they needed to fake the video because the body double looks like him but maybe he don't sound like him...

We seen the whole thing about body double for the prez in the movies

Dave (1993) and Vantage Point (2008)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sometimes I seriously wonder if some of the people on this site believe that ANYTHING is real. Well, except for the most absurd theories about anything. Those are most definitely real, but everything else is faked.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Japanman
Maybe the troops where with some kind of body double that looks like him so they needed to fake the video because the body double looks like him but maybe he don't sound like him...

Seriously? I promise this is simply a general observation, and not anything specifically against you. Two types that take movies and try to tie them to actual reality. Conspiracy theorists and five year old children. The kid eventually learns to tell the difference.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by Japanman

Seriously? I promise this is simply a general observation, and not anything specifically against you. Two types that take movies and try to tie them to actual reality. Conspiracy theorists and five year old children. The kid eventually learns to tell the difference.

O.k... Your a government troll sent here to make us look like nut jobs

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Probably just an optical illusion, but at about the 11 min mark, look at the truck all the way to the right. You can see what looks like a grill or something (roughly rectangular shape with horizontal bars). It looks to be moving.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i1075.photobucket.com...

Taken from a screen capture at the 00:01 mark from this vidoe on youtube:

www.youtube.com...#!

I simply paused the video when he was walking out from behind the trucks when I noticed what "appears" to be Obama's leg with the background going straight through it.

Go ahead and look for yourself. I am viewing it at full screen and on a large monitor.

It's strange how so many here are so behind the times in film and video production and think these items are difficult to pull off. I think the common misconception begins with the term green "screen" to begin with. The green does not have to be on a screen at all. It is very easy to coat "anything" with the green color and it will now show up. Green screen can be fully interactive and three dimensional and is not a "screen" at all. That shade of green is the one they use because it does not show up naturally. The correct term I believe is "chromakey", but I could be wrong.

Regardless, do you see Obama's see through leg?

edit on 3-5-2012 by Game_Over because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Game_Over

Yes I see it, it's exactly what I'm talking about, when you have different layers using chromakey you have to print them at the right opacity, too much opacity and you get heavy lines around the elements, too little and the elements show through each other, this is exactly what your seeing here.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So it is pretty safe to say that Obama WAS using chroma key and during his Bagram speech.

BUSTED!

Spread the word before this is "disappeared".

Perhaps the OP should change the title of this thread.

That is unless there is a rational explanation...I mean I've heard the emperor has no clothes but now he's see-through?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Game_Over

Definitly greenscreen/chromakey. They keep saying there are the humvees right there in the hangar (first of all they are NOT humvees), but if those are the vehicles then at the very least the background is greenscreen. I can make out 3 distinctive layers. Layer 1 is the background and the vehicles on the right hand side. Layer 2 is the truck on the left hand side that he walks from behind. Layer 3 is the president and podium.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I'll leave it to others to figure out the "why" regarding their use of chroma key.

We merely showed the fact that they did use chroma key.

I'd love to hear the explanations that all of the naysayers come up with, particularly from posters in this very thread.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join