It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wolves need your help

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
its funny these people talking about how dangerous wolves are and we gotta protect our kids and livestock. Its the same things that people said about the tasmanian tiger and we all know how that turned out for the tiger.

I gave you a star!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Makes no sense kill the wolves allowing more deer now somebody says there are too many deer and they need hunted ASAP
Not to mention Lycanthropy and if true how THEY would feel when freed.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread. I´ve always loved wolves. The fear is obviously from the past, when they attaced cattle, but I grew up with a parents who told me about how wolves really live, how social and smart they are. Also beautiful and mysterious.
S&F

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thank you so Much for Posting !

The Wolves around here In New York have Only Sanctuary is on the Native American Reservations !!

The Smart Ones of Wolves Go in Hiding

They Keep Away from Man ... and refuse enter Mans Territory

Ya think BBC got the Idea of the Doc... Intro Showing the Eyes and City in your first Picture ?
From this ? I have that Feeling they did .... The Movie (( Wolfen ))

A Hybrid from a Local Reservation Near Me

My Favorite Part about the Smart Ones From the Movie Wolfen ...

The Iroquois Mohawk Story of the Smart Ones
Wolfen Part 13

In most Culture's of Indians AKA Native Americans Wolves are a sacred Animal

Its Not Only Wolves Going back to their Homeland !! its Coyote Hybrids and Cougars AKA Mountain lions Too ..

See my Thread to understand it more ...

Mountain Lions in upstate New York and Coywolves
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coywolves = Coyote Wolf Hybrid ...

These not so Bright Wolves are going into Slaughter ... as it Looks

and the Fear of Rednecks like the OP posted

OR Just MAYBE these Animals are Preparing for Something we Dont Know Yet...

tho ive heard Rumor that in New York state that they are banning the killing of Wolves ...
and even brought back to the Adirondacks but limited and Controls

edit on 3-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"Cattle ranchers...yes they lose cattle, but then again they graze thier cattle on government land for free. ", "fence your live stock in" Are you kidding me! Surely you must live in some liberal urban cesspool back east and have no Idea what it takes to raise cattle in the west. Yes we run cattle on federal land, we have to because our states are dis-proportionally "Owned" by the Federal Government. Environmentalists in the federal government are slowly taking away this option by limiting access to roads that have been traveled for over 100 years. As far as" fencing cattle in". If you had enough brains to do a little research you would know that the land offers very little nutrition to grazing animals, cows, deer, elk whatever. Animals need room to roam! I live in extreme north central Washington and have seen many of these wolves in the past year or so. Yes they are beautiful animals, but they are viscous. I will film these wonderful creatures pulling a calf from its mother as it is being born and start a thread for all of you bleeding hearts to see.
edit on 3-5-2012 by wuffdan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
S+F to help protect the wolves because they are a beautiful and deadly animal.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Actually , the wolfs belong where the dominate species let them live. The wolfs dont own anything. So they have no 'right' to live near a farm and kill the man's animals.

We have enough Animals that have the capability of killing us.

I am surprised we havent killed off all the Mountain Lions , however , at least mountain lions dont travel in a pack of 5 to 10 animals and are rather easy to kill with a side arm.

Wolfs have been shown to absolutely decimate live stock.

-------

We also dont need Wolfs to keep the deer population in check. I promise you that. Humans and guns can get that population in order real quick.

Why do you think we have Hunting and Fishing licenses and hunting seasons / fishing seasons? So we dont kill all the wild life.
edit on 3-5-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Actually , the wolfs belong where the dominate species let them live. The wolfs dont own anything. So they have no 'right' to live near a farm and kill the man's animals.

I am surprised we havent killed off all the Mountain Lions , however , at least mountain lions dont travel in a pack of 5 to 10 animals and are rather easy to kill with a side arm.

Wolfs have been shown to absolutely decimate live stock herds.

-------

We also dont need Wolfs to keep the deer population in check. I promise you that. Humans and guns can get that population in order real quick.

Keep them where you want them. I don't care. I just don't want to see them extinct because we couldn't control them.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by Indigo5

Let's not generalize here. I live in the UP. I can tell you that your assumption that everyone wants to kill them is false.

I have spent a lot of time in the UP, I visit about 8 times a year...definite Gods country. I love it up there.

I have seen black bear, wild turkey, lots of bald eagles and even a big bobcat cross the road in front of me late at night.

I recounted the story of my friend seeing a wolfpack on the nearby lake while at a bar up there and everyones first question was how many of the wolves my friend shot...I said he didn't shoot any of them..everyone went off on how they would have dropped as many as they could etc. etc.

One reason a lot of people get angry with wolves is because they can, and sometimes do, decimate an entire area of forest. When there aren't anymore deer to eat what do they kill? Coyotes, rabbits, even beaver and anything else they can run down. It's not that I hate wolves and want them all dead, but sometimes it's depressing to see them come through an area and basically murder everything running around. I'm not expert by any means, but I have seen what a local pack can do first hand.

This might be perception...But can't say for sure.

How many deer do wolves kill per year?

It would be about 18 deer per wolf per year if wolves only ate deer. However, since they also eat moose and beaver, on the average the actual number of deer killed is about 15 adult-size deer per wolf per year. On October 1, 1994, the estimated deer population in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan exceeded 65,000 animals. Although wolves will take some deer, they will not have a significant impact, compared to other known losses. For instance, 1994 data for the Upper Peninsula:
•Animal Deer Killed By Cars: 7,391
•Hunter Kill: 78,670
•Over Winter Loss: 27,669

www.gatterbauer.net.../F.A.Q

Considering a packs territory can range from 25 Miles to 150 square miles...a wolfpack might consume 100-200 deer per year over that range?

According to the Michigan DNR...even the mildest of winters kills more deer than wolves...
www.michigan.gov...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I know what the DNR states, and I know what I saw. For years they have undercut the impact of wolves because honestly, they have no idea how to count that. All of those are rough estimates. What I can tell you is this, I have seen areas that kept multiple wolf packs. These areas took years before I began to see deer populations bounce back. This can't be blamed on the winter conditions, because honestly the last three winters have been very mild, including this year. Once the wolves had killed and ate everything they could, they moved on. Once they moved on I began to actually see a deer or two in the woods. Like I said, no expert I just call it like I see it. Just remember the DNR is a government entity who has a vested interest in public opinion. This is the same DNR that planted Moose here and claimed that by the year 2000 we would have thousands of them. It's now 2012 and we have less than half of what they projected.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

My good sir , i believe it is called reproduction. Humans , bears , feral cats , and wolfs arent going to be very good for the moose or deer population.

Not to mention , wolfs arent stupid , and can get over or 'under' barb wired fences.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
would be about 18 deer per wolf per year if wolves only ate deer. However, since they also eat moose and beaver, on the average the actual number of deer killed is about 15 adult-size deer per wolf per year. On October 1, 1994, the estimated deer population in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan exceeded 65,000 animals. Although wolves will take some deer, they will not have a significant impact, compared to other known losses. For instance, 1994 data for the Upper Peninsula:
•Animal Deer Killed By Cars: 7,391
•Hunter Kill: 78,670
•Over Winter Loss: 27,669

Wait, so the deer population in the UP was over 65,000 and hunters killed 78,670 thousand? So we killed them all, not including the winter and car loss?
edit on 3-5-2012 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wuffdan
"Cattle ranchers...yes they lose cattle, but then again they graze thier cattle on government land for free. ", "fence your live stock in" Are you kidding me! Surely you must live in some liberal urban cesspool back east and have no Idea what it takes to raise cattle in the west. Yes we run cattle on federal land, we have to because our states are dis-proportionally "Owned" by the Federal Government. Environmentalists in the federal government are slowly taking away this option by limiting access to roads that have been traveled for over 100 years. As far as" fencing cattle in". If you had enough brains to do a little research you would know that the land offers very little nutrition to grazing animals, cows, deer, elk whatever. Animals need room to roam! I live in extreme north central Washington and have seen many of these wolves in the past year or so. Yes they are beautiful animals, but they are viscous. I will film these wonderful creatures pulling a calf from its mother as it is being born and start a thread for all of you bleeding hearts to see.
edit on 3-5-2012 by wuffdan because: (no reason given)
Oooooh the wolves are vicious says the human cattle rancher. By that logic an advanced species should wipe us out because we are vicious. Well aren't we lucky there doesn't seem to be one. Oh and if you think the Earth doesn't need wolves, think again: Trees need wolves

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister

-------

Keep them where you want them. I don't care. I just don't want to see them extinct because we couldn't control them.

It's nobody's job to control wolves just like it isn't anybody's job to control the weather or the revolution of the Earth.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

-------

It's nobody's job to control wolves just like it isn't anybody's job to control the weather or the revolution of the Earth.

That's not really the point. They are still animals at the end of the day. If they are a threat to humanity then we have the right to control them as the top species on this planet. But I would never want a beautiful species like that wiped out.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wuffdan
Yes we run cattle on federal land, we have to because our states are dis-proportionally "Owned" by the Federal Government.

I have no issue with ranchers grazing thier cattle on federal lands...in essence recieving a federal subsidy in cattle feed. It makes for healthier cattle and more nutritious meat.

I do have issue with ranchers killing wolves on federal land

Those that believe economic interests are superior to mother natures are always dissapointed.

Wolves are not an invasive species, they are the natural inhabitants....yet we look to eliminate the wolves for economic purposes and end up fighting Zebra Mussels, Asian Cat Fish ad infinium which are plagues that came from economic endeavors...

For the love of God...arrogance and greed costs us everyday. Nature nows better than us how to manage the ecosystem....always has.

No issue with ranchers protecting thier own livestock on private lands...though I would never look to kill a wolf, I get why a rancher might...no problem with ranchers using public land to feed thier cattle...but to graze your cattle on public land for free and then kill wolves on that public land?

Not OK. By that thinking why not also bring a chainsaw next time? Clear some national forrest for more range for the cattle?
edit on 3-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That's not really the point. They are still animals at the end of the day. If they are a threat to humanity then we have the right to control them as the top species on this planet. But I would never want a beautiful species like that wiped out.

Bees kill more people than wolves...Lightening strikes kill more people than wolves..etc. etc.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Dunno if this has been posted but maybe the wolves have been hearing the humming sounds coming from the USA. The Canadians complaining and the wolves start packing their bags LOL.. I wonder if the Earth is calling for its wolves back.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Bees kill more people than wolves...Lightening strikes kill more people than wolves..etc. etc.

Thank you. I don't know if I want to laugh or cry at the stupidity of the idea that wolves could be a threat to humanity. They may be a threat to small groups of unarmed humans in the mountains, but they are perfectly content eating things which are not humans and living on lands which are not inhabited by humans, only they aren't being left much choice.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow thanks for this!!

If this man likes dogs or has one he needs to THANK the wolf! All dogs can be traced back to the Grey Wolf.

Wolves are beautiful animals and should be protected!

I will be sharing this on various social sites

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join