It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wolves need your help

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Oh I Starred and Flagged it as soon as I read it.

Cosmic..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

I am very sorry for your loss.

I have befriended as many wild animals as I have domesticated ones. They are not mere robotic, soulless creatures. They have sentience, memory, and understanding.

Another thing they have is needs and their nature. We are Thinking Man. We can understand their needs and nature. Wolves kill for specific reasons and at specific moments. Food, territorial, and opportunistic. Don't let your guard down, be vigilant, and do not offer wolves any moments for an easy attack.

Keep an eye on small kids and pets. Give the area a thorough look around when going outside. Just little things to be safe.

And if an accident happens.... take revenge on the individual wolf if you feel, or show understanding and forgiveness. There is NO reason to go on any extermination killing sprees.

Peace.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
I see intelligent beings who hunt for food, just as we humans kill for our food.

Thats what I see when I look into this guys eyes.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Almost unknown is the Red World that inhabits the Southeast US>
It is now one of the world's rarest animals.

"Down to only 12 surviving animals in the 1970’s, thanks to captive breeding and education, the Red Wolf is making a comeback. Despite the fact that it once lived in our own backyards most Americans were unaware that the Red Wolf had ever existed while it tottered on the brink of extinction."

redwolf.org...

www.wolfhaven.org...

Physical Appearance
Red wolves pelage is cinnamon-red often peppered with black and gray hairs down the back.
Size and Weight
Red wolves have a head and body length of 3 – 4 feet and a weigh from 45-65lbs.

As an artist, I am currently doing a series of wolf paintings. Mostly in colored pencil. I'm planning on donating some of them to our local wildlife sanctuary for them to sell for money to operate. I rather like this red wolf...he looks so much like a dog.....like my Belgian Malinois. I'm using a pic of my Belgian Groenendael as a model for one of my grey wolf paintings.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. Although I have not seen that particular show, I once had a hybrid wolf/dog. I cannot tell you how intelligent and intuitive that creature was....I could feel her look into my soul! Nothing like a domestic dog!

I am glad to see populations coming back.....As a matter of fact, about 5 years ago I spotted one in the Okanagan Valley where they were once thought extirpated!(no it wasn't a dog or a coyote...I do know the difference!) My sister found a skull on her property in that same area.....and sightings have increased in that area.....

The farmers/ranchers that want to get rid of them should get rid of their unsustainable practices and try to live in harmony with these magnificent beasts as they do with their environments!

To Trillium who lost the dogs....... Why were they running at large anyway? Can you blame the wolves for easy pickings when their natural prey is gone?

edit on 3-5-2012 by krazykanuk because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by krazykanuk because: tiiiiirrrrreeeeddd...need to go to bed

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
My heart breaks to think of these beautiful animals being harmed.

Awooooooooooooo!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I must disagree. I live in Idaho where these alien species have been planted. Since they arrived, I have not heard the bugle of an elk in over ten years. Wolves were exterminated for a damn good reason. If you are so keen on bringing them back to their "historical" range, why not start with Central Park in NYC? Since you are from the UK, why not Hyde Park? Why do the envirowackadoodles insist on putting these violent predators in MY backyard and telling me I cannot shoot them? I do not go anywhere any longer without being armed to kill wolf. Don't give me any BS about wolves having never attacked a person, yes they have numerous times. Sorry, no stars or flags for you.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Umm, who cares about wolves,(OMG they're such beautiful and majestic creatures) if given the chance it would eat you alive. The less, the safer. It's not like they're contributing either, we eat what they eat.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I think it's better there not everywhere, but having somewhere they can thrive and not go extinct would be really nice. There such beautiful animals.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
S&F I logged into ATS just so I can give this thread a flag, I hope others will too. I'm am glad someone have finally made a thread regarding the endangerment of wolves. Wolves are the most misunderstood animal. It's sad to know that many people fear wolves, when It is extremely rare for a healthy wolf to attack a human. I would rather be near a pack of wolves then near a cougar, or bear any day.

I think more people need to be aware that wolves are in great danger, so we can stop this cruel wolf extermination. There needs to be a balance between humans and nature, and we need wolves, for many reasons. Most wolves weed out the week, and mostly hunt after pray who are injured, have deformities, or are sick and dying. Wolves do go after the ranchers livestock, but they got to eat too. The Feds even stopped funding the ranchers for the loss of livestock. I think it's the Feds responsibility to find away to keep wolves and ranchers livestock protected. The only solution the Feds have is to wipe them off the face of the earth, pretty sad if you tell me.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ambient moon

I think more people need to be aware that wolves are in great danger, so we can stop this cruel wolf extermination. There needs to be a balance between humans and nature, and we need wolves, for many reasons. Most wolves weed out the week, and mostly hunt after pray who are injured, have deformities, or are sick and dying. Wolves do go after the ranchers livestock, but they got to eat too. The Feds even stopped funding the ranchers for the loss of livestock. I think it's the Feds responsibility to find away to keep wolves and ranchers livestock protected. The only solution the Feds have is to wipe them off the face of the earth, pretty sad if you tell me.

Good post but, this world we live in is going to go bad if you like it or not. We cannot sit here and debate about beautiful animals surviving. Population will NEVER stop rising(with American Freedoms((at least elsewhere)). Sooner or later ALL animals will go instinct, but like people said, they eat what we eat. Not saying make them go extinct, not to forget them, but in hindsight, we have much bigger problems on our plate.

Btw, I point American Freedoms for having babies because we don't limit, we go up a little bit. China limits there babies, and they go up alot more. There is no right or wrong, were all doomed.
edit on 3-5-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

star and flag
wolves are something special in the animal kingdom in my opinion
and i have no respect or time for anyone who wishes them harm

nothing would be more pleasing to me than to see them make a larger
come back everywhere in the world.

shame theres none left in the uk

thanks for the videos will watch later.

p.s nice wolf pic's op hope you dont mind me copying them

edit on 3/5/12 by slaine1978 because: save the wolves

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by krazykanuk
oops double post

edit on 3-5-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ambient moon

Originally posted by krazykanuk
I agree with the OP. Although I have not seen that particular show, I once had a hybrid wolf/dog. I cannot tell you how intelligent and intuitive that creature was....I could feel her look into my soul! Nothing like a domestic dog!

I have 2 wolfdogs that I rescued as well. A wolfs brain is 30% larger than an average dog. When I look into their eyes I see intelligence, and you can even read their emotions by looking at their face, they are so beautiful and full of personality, and very loyal. My wolfdogs are my best friends, and I take them everywhere with me.

This is what I see in a wolfs eyes:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkey
Umm, who cares about wolves,(OMG they're such beautiful and majestic creatures) if given the chance it would eat you alive. The less, the safer. It's not like they're contributing either, we eat what they eat.

if given the chance i would eat you alive
and they are contributing by keeping deer numbers down like otheres have said.
wolves are very shy of humans so tend to stay away so there perfectly safe

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The wolves need help?

How about every single animal species on earth needs help.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Humans are the most arrogant species alive.

Wolves need to be protected. When you consider than in times gone by, a dog and a child with a big stick were sufficient to protect a flock from wolves you have to consider and judge our big brave hunters that are afraid of a wolf.

Take their guns away and let them go one on one with a wolf. Oh, wait, yea, that will not work. A wolf would avoid the contact!

S&F on behalf of one of the most beautiful hunters on our planet. If we can't live in harmony with other animals what chance do we have living with each other! I wonder who is the smartest, the average wolf or the average human.

P

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn

We cannot sit here and debate about beautiful animals surviving.
edit on 3-5-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

Oh, yes we can. That's why there's animal protection laws, and non-profit organization such as Defenders of Wildlife who actually fight for the sake wolves, and other animals. Defenders of Wild Life and others has helped protect wolves by hiring guard dogs, putting up red tape on fences, installed sound alarm systems along fences,reimbursed ranchers for loss of live stock, running commercials and ads, and fought many Federal and State court battles defending endangered wolves.

With an attitude like yours of course; nothing would get accomplished. And no I'm not going to feed the trolls.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkey

Here is the problem. The old wives tales and myths about wolves, and the insulting lies they endure, has turned most people against them. Wolves, to inform you Mr. Monkey, are the most intelligent and loving animals you will never meet. If I remember right, a wolf attack on a human being has never been documented - in the woods you are more likely to be bitten by a zombie (as I was) than by a wolf. When you get to know wolves, which you never will, you find them the most loyal, kind, and as I said, loving, of any non-human and most human animals.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
"We're not strangers in a strange land here. This is the secret I learned. We're not aliens, not outsiders. We were born in the sea, three billion years ago. The deer and the beetle are our kin. We're not invaders from space. No one gave us this planet to take care of or to use as we please. We grew out of the community of life the same way shellfish did, the same way mosquitoes did."
- Daniel Quinn, Providence

"Saving the world can only mean one thing: saving the world as a human habitat. Accomplishing this will mean (must mean) saving the world as a habitat for as many other species as possible. We can only save the world as a human habitat if we stop our catastrophic onslaught on the community of life, for we depend on that community for our very lives."
- Daniel Quinn, Beyond Civilization

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join