It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul, Just Another Politician?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
He means well, but really?.. He won't be able to get much done.

Obama cannot close Guantanemo, so how can Paul close the Fed?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think it comes down who should make the moral decisions, the federal government or the people.
Ron Paul dosn't want the federal government to get involved in any way and as he always believes the states/ people need to make that moral decision.
I'm sure Ron Paul has his own beliefs on abortion being a Dr. and delivering several thousand babys himself which may have influenced his feelings.But he still thinks the people should make that moral choice. Should the majority of the states ever agree, then Dr. Paul may believe it could/ should move up to the federl courts.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

It really has less to do with the issue itself for me.

Abortion is not the issue with me its our economy, which is why I said what I said above. If anything the main concern is fixing the U.S. economy first...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Personally, I don't think the president has much influence over the economy, and if Dr. Paul did get some of his ideas through congress I think they'd do more harm than good @ this stage. I do think he'll overhaul the military and concentrate on the homefront though. This will have a positive influence on the economy, and is within the Presidents scope of power..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I do think he'll overhaul the military and concentrate on the homefront though.
This will have a positive influence on the economy, and is within the Presidents scope of power..

That is all that matters then, as long as the military personnel are still receiving a paycheck while being in garrison. Still cheaper then to be overseas fighting pointless wars...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

I think you need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills as you have me totally wrong.

I find it great that a politician can set aside his personal beliefs.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

A goal that he knows isnt possible. Have you ever considered that his actions are an attempt to garner brownie points with the pro-life side of conservatism?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

speaking of reading comprehension skills check out the last paragraph of the OP. That's the whole point. He's blowing smoke to get votes, thus I'm less enthused cause he's pandering and acting like a douchebag politician.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

He can't alienate everybody. lol. If this is the best you got, I can live with it and I don't even feel he's flipped or flopped.

I think you and a few others are grasping at straws.

Pretty soon the news letters will reappear ect ect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join