It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why would hijackers crash planes into the twin towers anyway?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me what was the reason was for hijacking two planes and crashing them into the twin towers. Why go through so much trouble? In terms of the official story and historically it doesn't make any sense, unless of course the intention was to take the buildings down.

Can you think of any logical reason behind the idea EXCEPT to bring the towers down?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Insolubrious

I think they wanted to kill a lot of Americans.

They succeeded.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Anyone with any sense would have targeted military complexes.

Just like the 1993 bombing, 9/11 was a false flag attack.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Heck, its what I would plan if I was running a ragtag terrorist group. Surprise suicide attacks are pretty much the only way to score attacks that would actually mean anything at that point. Japanese kamikaze pilots of World War II are an example of these kind of tactics.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's called terrorism. Strike fear into the hearts of the people.
You attack citizens not military targets. If they attacked Fort Campbell l we would say ‘That’s terrible’ and go about our business.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

i think that they wanted to be terrorists, and they succeeded because they created FEAR.

they made it so that the TSA rapes everyone in the airport...

they made it so that we are no longer free, and any american citizen can be taken away with no trial.

they made it so that the government would treat its people like junk, "to protect us"

yea, the terrorists won.

ima go play some counter strike. ( its a really cool game, actually anyone play zombie mod for that game? )

lol.

edit: or yea pretty much maybe the gov was behind it and used it as an excuse to be so junky and evil of a government.

*sigh*
edit on 2-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Insolubrious
Can anyone tell me what was the reason was for hijacking two planes and crashing them into the twin towers. Why go through so much trouble? In terms of the official story and historically it doesn't make any sense, unless of course the intention was to take the buildings down.

Can you think of any logical reason behind the idea EXCEPT to bring the towers down?

they're homeland was invaded, occupied and resource-raped by american (and western) capitalist corporations for the last hundred years. they saw the towers as a giant symbol of the "Great Satan" network of western capitalism. in there eyes, it was World Trade itself which destroyed their homelands, turned brother against brother and stole their wealth and resources. add to that the towers were very large and easy to hit targets, no restricted airspace or military protection as in military installations; the perfect target for the terrorists.

that is... assuming the official story is true...assuming ANY muslim extremists were involved in the planning...

link   

Can anyone tell me what was the reason was for hijacking two planes and crashing them into the twin towers. Why go through so much trouble? In terms of the official story and historically it doesn't make any sense, unless of course the intention was to take the buildings down. Can you think of any logical reason behind the idea EXCEPT to bring the towers down?

First, the science, actual science, doesn't allow for a plane to take out a skyscraper in a symmetrical gravity fueled collapse. That was never the intention with the planes.

Now, I don't believe the official story at all, but this would be the thinking behind it.

First, the WTC was a signature of New York. New York is, arguably, the worlds financial center, the WTC being a massive effigy to that fact. They bombed them before, but weren't able to do much damage because they parked the truckbomb in the wrong spot. So striking the WTC has two benefits, you strike at the heart of the financial system of the west (which the terrorists supposedly hate) AND you finish the attack you attempted before.

Now, why do it with planes?

Because those planes are filled with passengers, and that's just ****ing horrific, from any way of looking at it. There's the terror, the fear. It could easily be you.

That's why you slam two jets into the WTC.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
As a means of scaring civilians into conforming to all manner of new rules and regulations.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
It's called terrorism. Strike fear into the hearts of the people.
You attack citizens not military targets. If they attacked Fort Campbell l we would say ‘That’s terrible’ and go about our business.

Who are we? What power do we have? Did we decide to go to Iraq? No, the military did. Seriously, do you think the US population's indifference would have prevented a war if a military base were attacked?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

that is... assuming the official story is true...assuming ANY muslim extremists were involved in the planning...

Planning? Doubtful, it bares no marks of being an Islamic jihad attack. Even OBL, when giving that interview we aren't supposed to remember, said that they wouldn't strike a soft target like that, it's not in line with Muslim beliefs. This isn't to say people don't murder random civilians for shock value in the name of Islam, they sure do.

But, this attack does bare markings that point in another direction, far, far, far away from OBL, but that's taboo.

But I would say that I do believe Muslim Extremists, much like some of the "foiled FBI induced plots" the NYtimes is reporting about, I believe they were brought in as the face, patsies if you will. Then again, all we have to go on is a few photos from portland, and some well placed, and undamaged, passports. Who is to say they were Muslim at all?

Cause I'll be completely blunt here, when it comes to people from the middle east, once you remove the religious articles, I couldn't even pretend to determine if one was Arabic or Jewish. Hell even the SAS guys, white as can be, were passing as Arabs when they were caught trying to carry out terror attacks to blame on Muslims.

Which begs the question. If all of these terrorist attacks were all done by an endless army of fanatical muslims..... why would anyone have to create fake plots to blame on them?
edit on 2-5-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Its reason enough, no? Thousands dead. Economic and financial chaos. Symbolic terror. I'm not quite sure I follow your question.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

As a means of scaring civilians into conforming to all manner of new rules and regulations.

conforming? Don't you mean BEGGING FOR? Because the first patriot act got passed with grand applause, even though those of them who passed it, didn't actually read it, and refused to listen to those of us with concerns over the direction it would take the world.

And here we are, 2012, 1984, what's the difference? I get an ipod instead of a wall mounted display? I get a cell phone that tracks my every movement, every word? I get government and private industry colluding to evade privacy laws to spy on all of us......

And I'm supposed to believe that is to protect us from terrorists? It's to protect the real terrorists from US!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Planning? Doubtful, it bares no marks of being an Islamic jihad attack. Even OBL, when giving that interview we aren't supposed to remember, said that they wouldn't strike a soft target like that, it's not in line with Muslim beliefs.

So strapping a bomb to their chest and detonating on a bus is considered a military target???

When you attack the US military it's an act of war.
WHen you attack US citizens it's terrorism.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The Laws of Physics are incapable of giving a damn about human motivation.

How can you analyze what happened without distribution of steel and concrete information?

If five stories 91 thru 95 were completely removed from the north tower that would leave 15 stories unsupported with 60 feet of empty space beneath.

It would take 1.9 seconds for those 15 stories to fall. They would impact at 42 mph or 62 ft/sec.

the 90 stories below would have been 1080 feet tall. If the falling 15 stories could destroy the 90 at a constant velocity it would take 17.4 seconds. So the total collapse time would be 19.3 seconds. Almost all sources say the collapse took less time than that except for the remains of the core which brought the total to 25 seconds.

Dr. Sunder of the NIST said the north tower came down in 11 seconds.

So why doesn't EVERYBODY want accurate data on the mass distribution of the WTC so this can be explained? Where are the physicists with their vast curiosity and faster than light neutrinos?

Why care what any Arabs wanted?

psik

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Planning? Doubtful, it bares no marks of being an Islamic jihad attack. Even OBL, when giving that interview we aren't supposed to remember, said that they wouldn't strike a soft target like that, it's not in line with Muslim beliefs.

So strapping a bomb to their chest and detonating on a bus is considered a military target???

When you attack the US military it's an act of war.
WHen you attack US citizens it's terrorism.

I'm not quite sure that's exactly it goes. When ANYONE from a government-sponsored state, in other words "another country", attacks it is an act of war. Terrorists are not state sponsored, they do not work under any type of government nor are they funded by one. They operate separately from any established and recognized form of government in the world.

The only thing that made 9/11 an "act of war" was George Bush falsifying evidence stating that Al-Qaeda and Iraq were connected along with the fabricated threats of WMDs within Iraq.

edit on 2-5-2012 by homervb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

To kill as many ego parasitic capitalist as possible. The corperations creates enviromental disaster and helping islamic dictatorships and creating wars all over the world so the target is perfecly logical from my point of view. Im not for violence but I am not sheding any tears either. Karma is a bitch so if you do not wanna get trampled by it make sure your actions and the actions of the people you are close to are not parasitic in nature. From my point of view the US poleticians vs Islamic fundamentalist there is no heros. Only smalminded unelightened humans killing each other and the inocent and the not so inocent getting hurt.

But from my point of view the players(souls) who died will get a new shoot at understanding "it" and fixing what they did wrong.
edit on 2-5-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

How can you analyze what happened without distribution of steel and concrete information?

You are way off topic.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This is one of the main laments that Lee Hamilton had with the 9/11 commission findings- they looked high and low but they couldn't find a statement from Atta on exactly why they did this. All we can do is speculate, and the speculation ranges from...

a) When Atta was studying in Germany he wrote a paper describing how bad skyscrapers were as they ruined the skyline and destroyed the traditional layout of any city, like usurping traffic patterns. Plus, his college friends in Germany mentioned several times on how he thought NYC was a major center for Zionist expansionism. Combining this with the WTC being arguably the most famous buildings in arguably the most famous city in the US, it's easy to see how it would have found its way onto a list of targets

b) the WTC was targetted by Al Qaida back in 1992 by Ramsi Yousef, who was the nephew of Al Qaida lieutenant Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who was in turn a major player in the 9/11 attack. One can speculate that Al Qaida didn't like the fact the first attack failed so they decided to have another go at it.

c) plus, the main reason why everything points to it being an attack by islamic fundamentalists- they HAVE hijacked passenger jets (and the occasional cruise liner)in the past. They HAVE launched suicide attacks in the past. They HAVE murdered innocent civilians in terror attacks. Plus, they HAVE laucnhed large scale coordinated attacks involving the coordination of large numbers of people (I.E. the Rome and Vienna airport attacks). Sooner or later it had to have dawned on them to try and pull off a caper that would combine all of these features, which means an attack like this was going to happen somewhere, regardless. A different choice in the planning along the way would only mean innocent people were going to be killed somewhere else.

d) I have seen no evidence anywhere that Al qaida or anyone else for that matter expected the buildings to collapse in the way it did, meaning that the conspiracy theorists are reading too much into it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

That is one sick post. So all those who died in the Towers were "ego parasitic capitalists " who got what was coming to them ? !!!!!!!!! You need help.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join