It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Cooling: be very afraid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oh Ok I get it now!!!! Really? I thought it was Global Warming? Don't tell me this will be a media sensation a month from now...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Shhhh don't talk to them about cycles! You are disrespecting their god! lol

They prey to the alter of climate change and nothing that you say will change it!

Forest fires are a menace and plant food is teh evil we need to get down to zero like bill gates says!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by rickymouse

Did you not hear me? Super volcanoes have put out more co2 than human HISTORY! The earth can cope just fine with us, it has put up with far worse! Everything that is built comes from where exactly? The earth! It's all part of earth, we merely work with the building blocks it provides.

Now if we were going to talk about the dangers of nuclear power we would be on to something! We're dumping nuclear waste into barrels, that stuff has a half life of thousands of years! We're polluting future generations! Not to mention the disasters that occur when they go up!

Actually, a scientific FACT is that the one Mt. Pinatubo eruption in the 1980's ejected more particulate matter (smoke, etc.) into the atmosphere than all of man, over all of history, the entire world over has ever done to that date. Make sure you only buy hybrid cars now. One volcano eruption cancels out the "savings" from every hybrid that ever existed, exists now and probably ever will exist. How many active volcanoes are spewing right now around the globe? Math is hard.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Oh Ok I get it now!!!! Really? I thought it was Global Warming? Don't tell me this will be a media sensation a month from now...

No you don't get it, it is climate CHANGE see, it means sometimes it goes up and sometimes it goes down! The important thing to remember is it's all our fault and we must kull ourselves!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

I can't believe I've read what i read: So... when parents want a new baby... they make him out of water from some river .

That is even worst then the women from Adams riebe. lol:

There is less water visible in the world because all the missing water is stored away inside humans?????????????
lol:

Humans are living water containers??????????????????????????????????????????????????? lol:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Actually, a scientific FACT is that the one Mt. Pinatubo eruption in the 1980's ejected more particulate matter (smoke, etc.) into the atmosphere than all of man, over all of history, the entire world over has ever done to that date. Make sure you only buy hybrid cars now. One volcano eruption cancels out the "savings" from every hybrid that ever existed, exists now and probably ever will exist. How many active volcanoes are spewing right now around the globe? Math is hard.

Come on now I was trying to throw them a bone and be conservative!

Honestly I shocked that people are still falling for all the non-sense. The only thing is I think we're wasting our breath here. They will not listen! I'm trying to help them but they think I want to destroy where I live and where my children will live!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Feiticeira

Humans are living water containers??????????????????????????????????????????????????? lol:

Erm, well yes they are actually. Do you know that it is science FACT that there is no "new" water on earth right? Where on earth do you think this water within us comes from? Or are you saying our bodies do not contain water?

Now I'm not saying it will make a huge difference as the other poster implies but to think that we are not water containers is ridiculous!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Our overall pollution is destroying the bio-dome of the earth. It's not only the CO2 part, it's everything put together. So if the earth starts cooling rapidly how are we going to stay warm. We are using all our gas and oil reserves like a bunch of idiots. We are going to be out of wood because we will have wasted it all. We can't even burn the furniture for cooking or heating because the Polyurethane fumes will kill us quickly. People live right next to volcanos and can breath the smoke.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Anyway weren't you going to bed like an hour and a half ago? Just can't tear yourself away from me aye? Is it my animal magnetism?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

It's everything together, you can't look at one piece of a puzzle and tell what the puzzle picture is. Look at the whole picture. Mankind will survive what is going to happen in the next fifty years but not many. I doubt if any of my or your relatives will be among them..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yes I'm anti using chemicals and if the climate change posse mentioned poisonous chemicals instead of plant food I could begin to take them seriously. I still don't think the chemicals will destroy the earth but I certainly think they are no good for us. Look at HYDROFLUOROSILICIC ACID, they put that in our drinking water supply where I live! But it's in food and drinks too.

People live in really cold climates and survive! We will survive. The weak will die yes, well this is just nature. But the earth will live on as will we. Wrap up warm my friend! Do you know how to build an igloo?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Oh come on, we've been told this so many times! It is baseless fear mongering mate. How come they are often wrong about tomorrows whether yet you think they know what will happen in 50 years? Not a chance! Are you dismissing super volcanoes? Really?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I remember as a kid the fear mongering then was that CFC's are destroying the ozone layer and we'll all die within a couple centuries. You don't hear about that anymore. lol

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Anyway weren't you going to bed like an hour and a half ago? Just can't tear yourself away from me aye? Is it my animal magnetism?

Animal...

I like it.... they are irrational

Wait... I do not like it.
I love my dog and he is more rational than that.
I nead a new qualification for you.

Good night

And by the way: The before and the after of beautiful barrier island in the south of Portugal.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by mee30

How are we so sure that these cycles are natural>

Because there is zero evidence that it is anything else!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

We can't control super volcanos. they have happened in the past. We can control our destruction of the environment we live in though. Those dwindling fish reserves are not lies. The Bees dying off are not lies. Those chemicals causing the mutations and destruction of our food in the gulf are not lies. Our wasting of our fresh water reserves is real. Our obsession with power builds the nuclear plants. It's all Risky behavior and it's going to bite us in the behind shortly. Too much unnecessary risk. If you have a one in fifty chance of falling when you climb a mountain and you climb it a sixty times, does that mean that it's safe to climb without safety gear because the odds were lies?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Wow, so that is your proof? lol An island that had a flood or tsunami? Do you think this is the first one in history or something? My word! There were deck chairs out mate! That tells me it was a sudden thing not a gradual thing! Many coastlines have this happen everyday! Are you really surprised by it?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

We can't control super volcanos. they have happened in the past. We can control our destruction of the environment we live in though. Those dwindling fish reserves are not lies. The Bees dying off are not lies. Those chemicals causing the mutations and destruction of our food in the gulf are not lies. Our wasting of our fresh water reserves is real. Our obsession with power builds the nuclear plants. It's all Risky behavior and it's going to bite us in the behind shortly. Too much unnecessary risk. If you have a one in fifty chance of falling when you climb a mountain and you climb it a sixty times, does that mean that it's safe to climb without safety gear because the odds were lies?

Wait I fail to see your reasoning here, how does this relate to global warming? lol

I've already expressed my disdain for chemicals and nuclear etc. Bees dying off see monsanto. Fish dying off see fracking, fresh water supplies are replaced by rain! lol

I've never stated those were lies have I? In fact quite the opposite! But it does not relate to global warming whatsoever. It seems like you are clutching at straws now.

The mountain analogy is pretty crazy to be honest. We're talking about global warming or cooling or climate change that has no solid scientific evidence. Just faked graphs and computer models! But it is fed to us as though it is fact.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

WE stopped using the CFC and the ozone hole didn't grow worse. On top of that the fluoride in those things was made illegal because it was toxic to humans. If was only a matter of time before people were going to get sick and start suing businesses. Although it hurt the ozone layer it was blown up to shield us from the truth. It was in everything back those days. It was easy to get a a moderately toxic dose.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Wow, so that is your proof? lol An island that had a flood or tsunami? Do you think this is the first one in history or something? My word! There were deck chairs out mate! That tells me it was a sudden thing not a gradual thing! Many coastlines have this happen everyday! Are you really surprised by it?

A flood from where?
:lol
A Tsumani? If it was that the all island would be gone. In 1755, the year of the last Tsunami, the Island Fort (made of stones brought form the mainland) disappeared in to bottom of the sea.

It's a storm.

Because the sea level is higher, storms have a bigger impact. It is happening all over the world.

Just look at your country. What do you think is the purpose of the storm gates being built in England?
Even your authorities know about the danger.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join