It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof! Yes proof that "they" are hiding something about Yellowstone Super Volcano

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So, at risk of being 404'd, I will state that a few earthquakes happened in Wyoming earlier today, a 4.8, and a 4.0, in different areas of Wyoming. Anyhow, I made a thread about it that was 404'd(I guess Yellowstone is trademarked by one person. Anyhow, I posted the link to this site quakes.globalincidentmap.com... Well, when I got off work, I went on to see if there were anymore earthquakes in Wyoming, and to my dismay, and surprise , the quakes were no longer posted on the site, as you can see yourself. Also, in the earlier thread I did, a few posters had said that other quake sites were not showing these quakes as happening. At any rate, when quakes happen, they stay on this site I posted, at least 24 hrs, especially big or prominent quakes, but now, as you can see, they are not even shown as happening
If there were nothing to hide, at all, then why do they block out all activity close to Yellowstone? Just sayin. Then I see that they said they were caused by mine blasts? I have never heard of mine blast causing a 4.8, and is that really a smart idea in an already volatile area?

As Mexico was being jolted by a series of moderate-to-strong earthquakes today, Wyoming got into the earth-shaking act, too. The USGS recorded a magnitude 4.5 near Sleepy Hollow at 10:11 a.m. MT (12:11 p.m. ET). Turns out it was caused by mine blasting.
content.usatoday.com...< br /> My, "they" sure are going through a lot of trouble, de-bunking this "Fake Quake" as they are calling it.

The "Fake Quake of 2012" was "really an amplified echo of an unusually large mine blast," about 17 miles south of Gillette, the Casper Star-Tribune writes. A USGS geophysicist based in Golden, Colo., said the explosion actually registered as magnitude 3.0. Locals said they didn't feel a thing. "The only question now is: who set off an explosion that big at 10:12 a.m. somewhere in rural Campbell County?" the paper wonders.
I woder too, just who is setting off these massive quake like explosions.?
edit on 2/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: fixed caps

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

How is this "PROOF" of a cover up?
It gets very tiring reading threads like yours on here claiming proof, but yet you offer not one ounce of proof, just an opinion based on..... What was it again, oh yea, nothing!
Sigh.....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I also noticed the 2 quakes just disappear from the site. Wondered why myself.

Now there are a few nice shakers in Canada that are unusual. Especially a 3.9 in N. Ontario. Unusual.

Very curious as to why your thread disappeared if there is nothing to hide.

Peace

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The USGS has been doing that for years. We have seen it hundreds of times by now. Most are the U.S. government frantically building deep bunkers, typically in the 3.0 or just above range and then they disappear. Most of the ones I seen were close to current bases. Not on the base or even 20 miles from it but close enough to make the connection. I don't doubt it for a second that they are covering up what is happening at Yellowstone.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Your thread wasn't 404'd. www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was closed and the subject was continued on the thread link the moderator gave us. www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not a conspiracy. I got the whole story from family who live there.

The mines are strip mines. The mines normally tell USGS BEFORE they blast so there's no "false positive".

Seems there was a glitch in the usual order of command today is all.

The 4.8 (later listed as 4.5 on USGS) is in NE Wyo. Wyoming is the 9th largest state. Where the quarry is located is a very long way from Yellowstone.
edit on 2/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orgasmo

How is this "PROOF" of a cover up?
It gets very tiring reading threads like yours on here claiming proof, but yet you offer not one ounce of proof, just an opinion based on..... What was it again, oh yea, nothing!
Sigh.....

Well a member with the tenure as you shouldnt have to deal with that!! I sowwy wittle guy

ONTOPIC: If ya dont like it, dont click it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

The 4.8 (later listed as 4.5 on USGS) is in NE Wyo. Wyoming is the 9th largest state. Where the quarry is located is a very long way from Yellowstone.

So, I dont believe I would want to be blasting mine ANYWHERE in the area. Also, do you have a link to this info, other than family you spoke to?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yes, several links are in the thread topic I linked above that the moderator sent us to.

Also, see it here earthquake.usgs.gov...

Notice www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It is indeed very strange that they would remove a quake(s) from a list meant to gather data on quakes throughout the year. Like a dodgy Wikipedia edit!

Regardless, I have a feeling that if anything substantial happens at Yellowstone, by the time we know about it it will already be too late to react.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I clicked it hopping to read something informative that showed "PROOF Yes PROOF " of a cover up!
All I found was a opinion based on nothing at all. By citing my lack of tenure on here and not providing any actual proof of your claim is weak and shows you cannot effectively back up your opinion with reasonable facts or discussion.
I call attention wh@re and chicken little but keep posting you may get one right someday.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Still showing as 2 earthquakes...and Vancouver not looking good either.

Looky at Mexico....all looks a little overactive today.
edit on 2-5-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

My goal in joining this site is not to be able to make threads of my own. I joined this site with the hope to learn about things not normally discussed in the MSM and further my knowledge about the world we live in. As you can see my rate of post versus days on site is much lower than your outstanding numbers. I prefer quality over quantity. Others seem to be here to be heard, likely because they will have an engaged audience otherwise not available to them. Probably because they talk too much and listen and learn too little. Your rate of posts versus days as member seem to suggest you fall into that category.
I am open to the possibility I may be wrong about you. So instead of trying to flame me and suggest I'm looking to rack up pointless post numbers in order to be able to start threads of my own, which seems to be your motivation given your lack of relevant discussion to prove your "PROOF! Yes PROOF of...." claim, use your next post to try and convince me and others of you opinion.
Show me you can at least try to defend your position with relevant information and a reasonable thought process.
I won't hold my breath waiting for you to convince me.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Orgasmo

Yes they did offer proof!!! He went and posted the links to his sorce....if you have a source showing otherwise..

Otherwise....get off his case and prove him wrong instead of running your fingers !
edit on 2-5-2012 by tracehd1 because: Corr

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Orgasmo

^5's.......say it louder brother !!!! You rock!!!

My post above caught another smart Alec!!! Hopefully they'll do thier home-work instead of having a pissing contest w/ you...
Your my new hero !!! Btw..are my numbers ok? Do I show quality ?.... I sure do hope! (w)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well I hope "they" aren't covering up anything. As a resident of the area I would most definitely be F***ed if anything happened

That's kinda odd that they dismissed those quakes. Who knows nowadays.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

The 4.5-magnitude “quake” felt in Gillette Tuesday morning came from Cordero Rojo mine. The mine blasted soil and dirt at 11:11 a.m., when the U.S. Geological Survey recorded the earth-moving event 16 miles southeast of Gillette

Update: Mine blast registers as 4.5-magnitude quake

GILLETTE, Wyo. -- An explosion in the area of some coal mines in northeast Wyoming was big enough to register on seismographs on the scale of a small earthquake.

Some people in Gillette reported feeling the ground shake from 16 miles away.

Wyo. Mine Blast Picked Up On Seismographs

The tremor was likely caused by a large mine blast in the Powder River Basin, the U.S. Geological Survey says. This conclusion is supported by the fact the U.S. Geological Survey reports the epicenter of the temblor was located at the surface rather than underground.

Mine blast creates earthquake near Gillette

Parameter Value Uncertainty
Magnitude 4.5 mb ± 0.09
Location 44.098°N, 105.285°W ± 14.2 km
Depth 0.0 km ± 2.9 km
Number of Stations Used 185
Number of Phases Used 186
Minimum Distance 100.2 km (0.900°)
Travel Time Residual 0.98 sec
Azimuthal Gap 11°
Version 8
Review Status REVIEWED
Event ID usc0009gcq
emphasis mine

USGS technical details

Any further questions?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Mine blast creates earthquake near Gillette
this says it all I think

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
What would be the point in covering it up? when that bitch pops off everybody is gonna know about it..it's absolutely pointless to even entertain that idea of "them" covering it up...when it goes off are "they" gonna sit back and hope nobody notices the super volcano erupting in north america?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I'm still showing an EQ there also...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join