It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 year anniversary of the LA riots / How can any one call the cops on the cops? Why can't we?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
We are in the midst of the 20 year anniversary of the LA riots which were the result over public outrage concerning the acquittals of the perpetrators who beat Rodney King. Cops! Individuals who are sworn to uphold the law, but when they don't, who are people suppose to call, 911? Cop Busters?

Guess what? Nobody can. It's considered an abuse of a 911 calling system because officers are already on scene. I know in my state of Oregon where I reside it is. I was just informed by a sitting judge in my county today that's the case.

So shouldn't the 911 system be updated in my state and elsewhere to accommodate calling the cops, a higher authority, on the cops of a lower authority or at least a supervisor of the officers involved in a situation where the cops are violating a person's right of life, liberty and property? Such as calling for the Sheriff dpt on local city cops, calling the State troopers on the Sheriff, local FBI office, or any applicable federal agency if available to come out and deal with situations when cops employed by lower levels of government are out of control and breaking the law.

So what is the situation in your sate?

Can you call 911 on the cops?

What system and or laws do you think should be created to keep the cops within the law in real time?

edit on 2-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I would suggest moving away from the violent disarmed coastal areas entirely.The police are overwhelmed and overreact.Ever wonder why there aren't any race riots in the southwest?
During the riots I did happen to see the Korean community doing just fine.They didn't bother calling the police,they just guarded their property with AR15s.
edit on 1-5-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: I failed to answer properly

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I am using the 20 year anniversary of the LA riots to illustrate the need for more oversight on the police. 20 years later we still have no system in place to have authorities policed in real time. i believed there is a need.

Regarding your comment, people have to do what they feel is necessary to protect life, liberty and property in real time.

join