It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Wind Reversal! Something coming from the back side of Earth?? Why was this covered-up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+116 more 
posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Friends...

This news is just about a month old, but still unbelievably intriguing. It would seem that in mid-March the solar winds reversed, as observed by our magnetospere reversing itself. Now, for all you Planet X, Nibiru, brown dwarf believers, this actually fits somewhat nicely into your viewpoint of the universe. For those of you not prone to this belief, it certainly does raise a tremendous mystery.

To me, the really fascinating thing is why the data seems to have been scrubbed from the entire data-set of the world! Literally, the world's observing stations and publicly viewable scientific sites have all seemed to delete this event from their servers. Why? This could have been explained and pondered within acceptable scientific circles, such as a particularly close gamma ray burst, etc. But no, it was scrubbed. Whenever something is cleansed, one must become intrigued and wonder...why?

I'll include the best video I've found describing the phenomenon. I like this guy, SuspiciousObservers, tremendously. He's very sharp, and he breaks things down quite quickly. Give it a look, it's definitely worth it.

Peace...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

That is wild stuff man, wonder if it has anything to do with the suggestion that our solar system is moving into a giant nebula/gas cloud of charged particles.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I cant find any reliable source for that info...

Can you please link me that info from a respectable website?

Thanks

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A lot of people are saying it might of been a supernova, but even if that is the case why have they deleted data, never a straight answer hey?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Excellent, excellent find! I am so excited by this and what it does or may mean. I have to say, if data are being deleted or manipulated, I am not surprised, as I have seen this with the USGS on several occasions and it has nothing to do with erroneous data. Now, you inferred that this could be possibly due to something affecting our magnetism from a different direction, (i.e., Planet X, Niburu, etc.). If so, is there any way to track back to see if this has happened before and, if so, assuming the data are there, would it be possible to correlate that to any extreme geologic activity? The big argument has been that as unseen force, operating on us in such a way, is the reason for the strange quake swarms, large quakes, accelerated volcanic activity, and even the booming sounds. So, if we could go back and look at data for the times unusual activity has occurred, wouldn't this be sort of a smoking gun if we could correlate it and pin down causation? If so, even if we could, what would that mean for us, exactly, that the theories about crossing orbits and everything is accurate and, the closer we get, the worse it will become, or can we ascribe anything like that?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just so excited by this
Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Were this reversal to have actually happened, wouldn't there have been some sort of perceptible result for us here on earth?

I looked at HAARP's online data, and they are not missing anything that day. Though there is a spike around the time mentioned:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

No no, no need to apologize. I think it's incredibly exciting...damned intriguing. I for one don't ascribe to the Planet X thing, I included it because it would be easy for some to attribute the phenomena to an encroaching celestial body. However, if that were the case, why would the reversal be so transient? In other, why wouldn't we see this activity occuring more often or perhaps even sustaining itself (assuming that whatever is causing the reversal is ultimately more powerful than the prevailing solar winds).

It's fascinating on its face, if this was in mainstream scientific discussions I would be enthralled, but why was the data scrubbed? That's what really makes this so curious to me? You see, whenever you hide something, you do it for a reason, right? So, someone out there knows what caused this, and felt that it couldn't be known by the general populace. Well, why? What the hell caused it? If it was a supernova (as someone suggested above), that shouldn't warrant a cover-up.

By the way, why 'mountaingirl'? Do you live in the mountains? I just ask because I went mountain biking for the first time this weekend and am now absolutely addicted. Was about one of the coolest things I've done in a while. Peace...

+8 more 
posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Here's an explanation from a previous thread on this...

Originally posted by Phage

Since the sensors on the ACE satellite are pointed at the Sun they would not register any flow of particles toward the Sun even if they did occur.

In a nutshell, the model seems to be showing how the location of the magnetopause is affected by the solar wind. It seems to be showing a representation of field strength not "material" flowing from anywhere

The model was showing the effects of the solar wind activity on the 12th, the same activity which caused a brief but fairly strong geomagnetic storm.

As far as the cosmic ray data goes: The pitch angle chart displays the intensity from which cosmic rays from different directions are arriving

Red circles indicate deficit intensity, blue circles indicate excess intensity, and the size of the circle scales with the magnitude of the deficit or excess

neutronm.bartol.udel.edu...
So what we see is that as the solar wind disturbance arrived there was a drop in cosmic rays originating roughly 90º from the orientation of the magnetic field of the solar wind (also derived from ACE data). That a bit hard to grasp but, as described, it is to be expected with a shift in the solar wind such as was seen.

This plot will sometimes display a cosmic ray loss cone precursor ahead of an approaching CME shock. The defining characteristic of a loss cone precursor is a strong suppression of cosmic ray intensity for particles arriving from the Sunward magnetic field direction.

neutronm.bartol.udel.edu...

It's interesting stuff that's not easy to digest. But from what I can tell, what happened was a direct response to changes in the solar wind, not a "reversal", not a blast of anything from the wrong direction.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

This is a related thread to your OP, BBopp. the OP there was more less stating its related to a possible Heavy Mass Object. thread below

It does seem as if somethings was causing effects but not sure what as of now. Maybe in time there will be visuals of whatever it may be.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Nice post, many thanks.

link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
I cant find any reliable source for that info...

Can you please link me that info from a respectable website?

Thanks

You know, I found this when it happened in mid-march, but wasn't posting to ATS at the time. I just started making some threads recently (yesterday actually), and remembered this and wanted to share it with the community because it's just so fascinating. I came by it through happenstance from other researchers that lead me to SuspiciousObservers, and I really like this guy, so I started following him. He puts out a daily 2 minute news brief that's truly worth watching.

If you're looking for the sites, I would just go to the sites that he references in his brief.

link   
Is this what the Egyptians called The Breath of RA ? I must admit if you flip the image so that the right hand side is at the top, you get an image very indicative of an Egyptian Sarcophagus !

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb

No no, no need to apologize. I think it's incredibly exciting...damned intriguing. I for one don't ascribe to the Planet X thing, I included it because it would be easy for some to attribute the phenomena to an encroaching celestial body. However, if that were the case, why would the reversal be so transient? In other, why wouldn't we see this activity occuring more often or perhaps even sustaining itself (assuming that whatever is causing the reversal is ultimately more powerful than the prevailing solar winds).

It's fascinating on its face, if this was in mainstream scientific discussions I would be enthralled, but why was the data scrubbed? That's what really makes this so curious to me? You see, whenever you hide something, you do it for a reason, right? So, someone out there knows what caused this, and felt that it couldn't be known by the general populace. Well, why? What the hell caused it? If it was a supernova (as someone suggested above), that shouldn't warrant a cover-up.

By the way, why 'mountaingirl'? Do you live in the mountains? I just ask because I went mountain biking for the first time this weekend and am now absolutely addicted. Was about one of the coolest things I've done in a while. Peace...

I think the fact that it WAS removed makes it even more exciting. See, that's what I don't understand about the fact that that happens, does it not make things even MORE intriguing?
This is why I wondered aloud if there is more data, but this just happened to be caught. Maybe not even necessarily from recent days, weeks, or months, but perhaps in the past years? I have no idea if you can go back any certain length of time and look, I just don't know enough about this to know if anything is archived.

By the way, I live right next to the mountains in CO and am in them as much possible year-round. If you love mountain biking, you'd love it here in CO (assuming you're not already here), but especially in Moab, Utah on all of the slick rock

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Does this have anything to do with that ribbon or ripple that was shown going across the sun?
There's a few posts on that on ats.
would the two be related?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by BBobb

This is a related thread to your OP, BBopp. the OP there was more less stating its related to a possible Heavy Mass Object. thread below

It does seem as if somethings was causing effects but not sure what as of now. Maybe in time there will be visuals of whatever it may be.

Thanks and my apologies on re-posting something. I'm brand new to making posts here (though I peruse the site a good bit). I see people say they've searched out the site for related post before making their thread...could someone tell me the best way to do such a search so I don't repeat things in the future? Thanks all...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
they should explain why the data is missing...

would like to add this, it happened about on month later, april 16th, the most amazing explosion of the sun, i ever seen:

source: www.space.com...

and video

source: spaceweather.com...

Magnetic fields on the sun's northeastern limb erupted around 17:45 UT on April 16th, producing one of the most visually-spectacular explosions in years. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) recorded the blast at extreme ultraviolet wavelengths:

Using data from SDO, Steele Hill of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center assembled a must-see movie of the event. It shows the explosion unfolding at 304Å, a wavelength which traces plasma with a temperature around 80,000 K.

have anyone eared more about this?
edit on 1-5-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I agree...cover ups just raise flags that draw my attention, as well as people like me (you for example). So far as the historical data, I'm not nearly as big a nerd as the guy I referenced. Obviously, people like that live inside this research. So, I just sorta rest on my laurels that guys like that are out there doing their due diligence, and if there was some historical thread of note, he would have nugged it out and included it in that or subsequent presentations (which so far as I know he hasn't). So, I would say speculatively, no.

Colorado seems like such an awesome place! I'm in Texas. Why the 1111 at the end of your name? (Ha, I'm gonna have you all figured out by the end of this thread
. Peace...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by BBobb

Thanks and my apologies on re-posting something. I'm brand new to making posts here (though I peruse the site a good bit). I see people say they've searched out the site for related post before making their thread...could someone tell me the best way to do such a search so I don't repeat things in the future? Thanks all...

You are welcome and it happens to many of us who try to use the search function. I have made threads before and stopped them due to the information being present other times I let it go if the information is important as is this. So some may have missed that previous thread and your thread will help them get the info. The search function is above to the right near log out. It works sometimes but othertimes it seems to miss similar threads already present. SO good luck and good thread.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I was wondering the same thing.
Like maybe some did this to protect the earth from something that had taken place on the sun .

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It seems if they really wanted to cover-up the data they would have used other data, not have missing places. Or could they be that haphazard?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join