It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man had hidden bunker in WA and shootout with authorities.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Man had hidden bunker in WA and shootout with authorities.

www.msnbc.msn.com

KING 5’s Allen Schauffler made the trek to the North Bend bunker of Peter Keller, who killed his wife and daughter a week ago.

A two-mile drive was followed by a 30-minute hike in steep and rugged terrain.

After a 22-hour standoff, police blew the top off the bunker Saturday to find Keller dead of a self-inflicted gunshot.

Keller hadn't been seen since his wife, Lynnette, and 18-year-old daughter Kaylene were found shot dead in their home last weekend.

Authorities pumped tear gas into the bunker Friday, but it failed to flush the man out. By Saturday, they decided to take th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Not only is a May Day parade getting prepared for tomorrow in Seattle, but Anarchists are staging an event in Western WA as well soon. Oh yeah and a trailer with an intact Japanese motorcycle washed up on a WA beach.

Nothing can show how the NW is getting ready to fight authorities then the huge bunker found by North Bend that a local has been constructing for the past 8 years, filled with weapons, food, electricity as well as other neccesities to live up in the mountains. But it seems like this paranoid guy got off to an early start to our succession by killing his wife and teenage daughter by shooting them to death. After that he headed to his doomsday preppers bunker to fight it out with the police until they gassed and eventually blew the top of his bunker off ( I wonder what they used?). Too bad the police are going to destroy and confiscate all these preparations as I think if they had an auction there would be plenty of buyers paying premium for it! LoL Seems like my fellow Washingtonians are getting a little restless...

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
so i take it you're in the king county area!? im from Washington and saw all this on the news today!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Really? They were reporting during the shootout? You should post some youtube videos of it! I just heard about this on Kiro tonite.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ummm... I almost hate to admit this, but I can't be the only one when this story broke. I can't be alone in wondering something....

Was this guy ever on ATS?? The years he spent..and the area of obvious interest..almost makes it a given he'd have seen the site as a reader if nothing else. err.. Anyone missing recently?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Good question, but i think this guy was so out there that he was involved in his own little apocalyptic world and was prolly out of touch with most people. Maybe like the Unabomber and his cabin in the woods. Then again he did have a wife and daughter so he had to at least been exposed to some form of media unless he was so oppressive that he might have triggered some event thru his actions and paranoia that made his family want to leave him escalating his potential schizophrenia into something violent that we can't understand... Good question...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Here's a Youtube vid from the Sheriff's showing how remote the bunker is:
Footage over North Bend murder respect's mountainside bunker

Also,
Yahoo New Video
Prior to finding him dead, the news video:
Bunker 800 yards off a trail nearby where the suspects truck was found. Suspect noted of the possibility that he was preparing the bunker, eight years in the making, for the end of the world.

Definitely a survivalist situation Going further wonder the real motive in all of this and what the results of the investigation will entail. To go as far as saying survivalists will be under watch now?
edit on 1-5-2012 by dreamingawake because: vid correction

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the additional video posts. I guess homeboy wanted to go out Hitler style in his bunker... North Bend is such a beautiful town, it was always the last stop on I90 before braving Snoqualmie Pass for me to get to Central during college days. The NW has always had a long history of successionists/separatists/militia etc, unfortunately I believe most of them are white supremacists. If racism wasn't so prevalent in these groups I would think of it as a good thing that we have so many groups ready ro make sure our 1st Amendment doesn't get amended, or even worse any trying to stamp out on our right to bear arms would definetaly be the last straw for most these people around here...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I live in WA. but sadly, not on Planet America.

Western Australia... one of your moons...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Multiple threads already about this guy:

ATS Thread
ATS Thread

join