It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'"SUPER MOON'" Alert, May 5th, 2012: Biggest Full Moon of 2012 Occurs This Week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
www.space.com...
Lets see..

Wonderfull night maybe..

moon gravity trigger next mega earthquake??

edit on 5-5-2012 by intrepid because: Date added to title.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
When I looked at the sky tonight it was way up high and looked like a golf ball. And it didn't even look like a full moon.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thanks, I just hope the skies above me clear up by then so I can get some pictures of it.

It seems like every time this year we have hit the peach of ans asteroid shower, a night of a very active Aurora, or a some other celestial event, The sky has not been the least bit clear, in short, this year has sucked for astrophotography for me.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Super moon.

Last year they said the next was in 2029. In 2008 they said that one hadn't happened in 20 years. And now they're saying it's a yearly event. And okay...in some ways it is....but....

A VERY quick check of Google hits (all "explanations" like "there was no internet then" and "cumulative data" considered quickly too) 1995-2000 about 1400...2000-2005 about 5420..2005-2010 about 74,400...and now 2010-2012 about 35,500,000. Yet another thing about the sky they will convince us is "normal."

I'm not spending a lot of time trying to explain what instinctively seems just not right to me justified by my quick check and not deeper because I've just lost the heart for it, but I'd be interested in an intellectual debate.

P.S. Saw the almost full moon out in late afternoon here yesterday and it was huge and very beautiful .
edit on 5/5/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
They've kinda gotten a little carried away with this "Supermoon" garbage. It's just a full moon when it's near it's perigee, and some guy decided to call it "Super" for an article.. there's nothing super about it.

I’m all for encouraging people to go out and look at the Moon, but it shouldn’t be under false pretenses.

Bad Astronomy

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

'May 5, 2012 - Supermoon': Largest Full Moon of the Year Out Tonight

ABC News Supermoon

If the weather is clear where you are, it should be a sight to see. It happens because -- despite what our senses tell us -- the moon does not orbit us in a perfect circle. It follows a slightly elliptical path every month. At 11:35 p.m. EDT, say astronomers, it will come within 221,802 miles of us -- coincidentally about one minute before it's at its fullest.

The last supermoon occurred on March 19, 2011, but this supermoon will be the largest of the year. In other words, it will be 14% larger and 30% brighter than normal and will be about 252,000 miles away from us.

Two weeks from now, on the afternoon of May 20, the moon will be in its new phase, passing between Earth and the sun.

The result will be a solar eclipse -- one that will be visible in a strip of the Western United States, stretching southeastward from the Oregon-California border to Lubbock, Texas.

Here is why the 14% and 30% figures are so important.

Recall that on Saturday the moon, at perigee, will appear 14 percent larger? On May 20, it will seem 14 percent smaller -- in other words, not quite enough to block the sun.

The result will be what's known as an annular eclipse. A blindingly-bright ring of sun ("ring" in Latin is "annulus") will surround the black disc of the moon.

Facts About Supermoon ATS Post

edit on 5-5-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4nny
They've kinda gotten a little carried away with this "Supermoon" garbage. It's just a full moon when it's near it's perigee, and some guy decided to call it "Super" for an article.. there's nothing super about it.

I’m all for encouraging people to go out and look at the Moon, but it shouldn’t be under false pretenses.

Bad Astronomy

actually there is something super about it, the increased gravitational pull on earth coupled with a coronal hole facing earth and you have the conditions that were very similar in the past 9 of 10, largest earth quakes since 2000. hopefully it goes by without incident but the celestial forces are very high at this time.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
No wonder its bright for few days already, thanks for the info,
gonna enjoy it in next hour after this apocalypse themed movie (God send angel to kill humans) - Legion

Will be quite eerie and add the Legion movie stuff, scary outright

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well its a part of a very special to the illuminati, conjuction/allignment of Venus (their Lucifer) and El Nath, a huge blue star in Taurus/Capella system, that is the Galactic Anti-Center, or their symbolic Anti-Christ.

And thats today, the 5th. May 20th is an allignment that includes pleaides then in June the Venus transit. And a partial elclipse, so stargate to shadow side for them.

With elenin, meaning reveleations 9/11 and appolyon the ruler of the dark side, and their signs in the sky, Virgo giving birth to the planets, and the Rosh Hoshana that year when they blew their horn, it signalled their waiting their king. Its a very special year for the mystery schools, from Sept till June. Alll relating to the dark side's plans.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
With elenin, meaning reveleations 9/11 and appolyon the ruler of the dark side, and their signs in the sky, Virgo giving birth to the planets, and the Rosh Hoshana that year when they blew their horn, it signalled their waiting their king. Its a very special year for the mystery schools, from Sept till June. Alll relating to the dark side's plans.

It reminds me of this scene from Star Wars...the Dark Side being the NWO.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I will be looking into the skies tonight.

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY< ATS!!!!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Well its a part of a very special to the illuminati, conjuction/allignment of Venus (their Lucifer) and El Nath, a huge blue star in Taurus/Capella system, that is the Galactic Anti-Center, or their symbolic Anti-Christ.

And thats today, the 5th. May 20th is an allignment that includes pleaides then in June the Venus transit. And a partial elclipse, so stargate to shadow side for them.

Very interesting and very well resumed thank you
i suspected all of that before

We have many signs to connect and they all point
to an event in the near futur that will change the world for the better
i dont have any negative vibrations from 2012 and very excited to be finally there
when you begin to see the signs and illiminate that they are not simple coincidences

You start realising that we are living in unsustainable conditions
its boiling in the world today .. economy is crashing
many many poor people while you have a few living likes kings and queen that do nothing all day long
while the mass works like slave 40-100 hrs a week to be able to reach the 2 side
because the taxes are so high .. .

Earth forces is totally unbalance today .. it obviously need to wake up
thats why 2012 was predicted .. the big day of changes was foresaw by the gods
to be written in rocks for thousand of yrs so generations ahead prepare for that day

The proof they havent disapear and are still around
still reminding us of whats coming .. trying their best not to scare the mass
its their way of communicating with us and avoid complete panic ..
humankind wasnt ready ... but with all the alien movies we have today
many will be okay to accept that aliens might exist
imagine if we had no sightings .. no crop circles .. no alien movies
and they show themself .. everyone would explode of total fear
now i think if they come we will be ok lol

The big eclipse is the proof that they were right
happening on that day
the pyramid of the serpent in the mayan city
have the eclipse date of may 20 written on it

Half Course to the 21 December of 2012 ; EXACTLY on May 20 .. Are You Prepared for whats coming
edit on 5/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

www.sonoma.edu...
This is quite detailed.

Kabbalist astrology, from what I can gather here.

The Astrology of May 2012 - for Everyone

All leading into the Venus Transit, involving over time since April, pleiades (quite significant with past, and annanuki), and involving pentagram.

I am wondering what the second "sun" really is, is it a metaphoric astrological event, relating to their regime?

I wish I could shake this tree hard and see what they're really heading for here.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Happy birthday!

Here is the supermoon, as seen from Almada, Portugal, at 23:28, 1h 25m ago.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Happy Birthday ButterCookie! Happy sky watching
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Tiz my bday today too!!!!

Happy bday ButterCookie

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Tiz my bday today too!!!!

Happy bday ButterCookie

Thanks so much!!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! and many many more

I had fun

edit on 6-5-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Happy Birthday ButterCookie! Happy sky watching
peace,sugarcookie1

Thank you sooo much!!!!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the birthday wishes...

Hearing this from my ATS family really made my day

edit on 6-5-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I found this article on space.com, containing pictures from the event from around the world:

space.com

Have a look at these pictures:

Skywatcher Carra Almond snapped this view of the suppermoon of 2012, May's full moon, from Amman, Jordan on May 5, 2012, using a digital camera.

The supermoon of 2012 rises over Entiat, Wash., in this photo by skywatcher Tim McCord snapped on May 5, 2012.

Skywatcher Lisa Delapo used a reflector telescope to capture this view of the supermoon of 2012, the May full moon, from the San Francisco Bay Area in California on May 5, 2012.

Was a bit puzzled at the last picture, by Lisa Delapo. Because the moon was mirrored. I just shrugged it off, debunking it as "must have been shot in Australia"

Googled "reflector telescope"... case solved

Gotta be out tonight and have a look. Some say it's the day after that is the best. Happy moonhunting!

Btw, another ATS'er posted some pictures here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ps. Happy Birthday

edit on 6/5/2012 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join