It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pioneer of global peace studies hints at link between Norway massacre and Mossad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I would suggest you read the whole article and look for other links to the story, here is a taste though.

Among other claims, Galtung stated that there is a possible link between Anders Behring Breivik, responsible for massacring dozens of children in Norway last summer, and Jewish and Israeli factions. The connection is supposedly based on the fact that the murderer has ties to the “Freemasons” organization, “which has Jewish origins,” according to Galtung. The supposed connection to Israel is through the Mossad – which Galtung believes might have given Breivik his orders.

In the same breath, Galtung mentioned a conspiracy theory, linking last summer’s massacre in Norway with the attack on the King David Hotel, carried out by the Etzel in 1946 – both attacks took place on July 22. He finished with this astonishing claim: “It will be interesting to read the [Norwegian] police report on Israel, during the trial."

In regards to the long discredited "Protocols of Zion".

“It is hard to believe that the Russian secret police was able to be so specific,” wrote Galtung. While corresponding with Haaretz, he was less decisive, writing “I don’t know exactly who wrote the protocols."

www.haaretz.com...

Galtung has contributed greatly to theories on peace building after conflicts and should be commended for doing so. This though goes too far and is a clear case of antisemitism (a label I do not throw lightly about).

It annoys me as a piece of racism and as an attack on the imaginary Jewish conspiracy of world control when there is a real one taking place in Palestine to see to the eventual "transfer" of the remaining Palestinian populace from the West Bank and the creation of a Greater Israel.

This kind of nonsense is just the kind of thing Israeli leaders will point to over the delegitimisation of Israel and new antisemitism. It will be used to make it even harder and riskier for academics/political leaders to criticise the Jewish leadership of Israel for actual, real crimes being committed, i.e. the siege of Gaza and the occupation of the West Bank.

Thoughts?
edit on 30-4-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling, added analysis

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Haven't been able to find many other links to this. Seems a Haaretz led investigation.

Apart from this rabid right wing site, frontpagemag.com...

Makes me consider the accuracy of the reporting from Haaretz (who are the only sane leading Israeli paper) if the only foreign site running it so far is Frontpage.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

This kind of nonsense is just the kind of thing Israeli leaders will point to over the delegitimisation of Israel and new antisemitism. It will be used to make it even harder and riskier for academics/political leaders to criticise the Jewish leadership of Israel for actual, real crimes being committed, i.e. the siege of Gaza and the occupation of the West Bank.

I read the whole article. Seems like someone took bits and pieces from various lectures and papers (some undeveloped theories even) and made a case against him.

Gad Yair, a sociology professor at Hebrew University, was the first to expose Galtung’s anti-Semitic remarks in Israel. Yair wrote about Galtung in his blog.

Another case of the media jumping on a blog and taking it as complete fact? Then getting him blackballed?

“Professor Galtung was a valued and deserving member of any public or academic discussion, until now.

edit on 1-5-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Possibly.

Some of his remarks though, that he doesn't refute in conversation with Haaretz, are ridiculous and antisemitic.

I am literally using some of his work for my Anthropology essay at the moment so was kind of shocking and coincidental for me when I saw this story.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I am literally using some of his work for my Anthropology essay at the moment

That puts you at an advantage then, as far as what his views are. Is it possible that the very definition of "anti-semitic" should be re-examined? Such as remove it from political club status, and look at it from a purely human standpoint? There was some mention of a European Humanist Journal? Maybe I'll try reading that.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I just looked at that second story that you linked to:

The European Anti-Semitism Sweepstakes
Posted by Bruce Bawer

When Nobel Prize-winning German author and world-class left-wing crank Günter Grass sunk to a new low a few weeks back with an anti-Semitic poem that would have warmed the heart of Joseph Goebbels, I observed that “in a continent swarming with self-seeking literary intellectuals who ooze self-righteous anti-Semitism, Grass has resumed his place at the head of the whole unseemly pack.”

I would suggest that you read the Gunter Grass poem, and see for yourself what gets called anti-semitic. Look up the affiliations of the people yelling "anti-semitic" David Horowitz?

Günter Grass, Israel and the crime of poetry

What Must Be Said

Why do I stay silent, conceal for too long
What clearly is and has been
Practiced in war games, at the end of which we as survivors
Are at best footnotes.

It is the alleged right to first strike
That could annihilate the Iranian people--
Enslaved by a loud-mouth
And guided to organized jubilation--
Because in their territory,
It is suspected, a bomb is being built.

Yet why do I forbid myself
To name that other country
In which, for years, even if secretly,
There has been a growing nuclear potential at hand
But beyond control, because no inspection is available?

The universal concealment of these facts,
To which my silence subordinated itself,
I sense as incriminating lies
And force--the punishment is promised
As soon as it is ignored;
The verdict of "anti-Semitism" is familiar.

That's just the beginning of the poem.

The political lackeys and pundits should not be the arbiters of what is or is not anti-semitic. The label has been used as a club to silence dissenting voices far too long.

Why do I say only now,
Aged and with my last ink,
That the nuclear power of Israel endangers
The already fragile world peace?
Because it must be said
What even tomorrow may be too late to say;
Also because we--as Germans burdened enough--
Could be the suppliers to a crime
That is foreseeable, wherefore our complicity
Could not be redeemed through any of the usual excuses.

- - a little more of Gunter Grass

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Oh of course the reaction to the Gunter poem was pathetic.

The poem itself, for me, was pretty average and pointed out obvious truths. Anyone who bought that it was antisemitic was already either an "Israel Firster" (An MJ Rosenberg term, A former editor for AIPAC) or liable to pressure from such people and groups and decided to jump on the bandwagon to preempt any pressure.

However Galtungs comments, if accurate, are not valid criticisms of actual Israeli policy but rather fear mongering to the deluded over the "World Jewish Conspiracy".

To be honest I am surprised there has not been more of a reaction on this from the world press and Israeli pressure groups. This is a much more valid case of antisemitism than the Grass poem.........

I think that is what lies at the heart of all of this. The howls from "Israel Firsters" has nothing to do with antisemitism and everything to do with shielding Israel from any pressure to come to a just solution with the Palestinians or deal with any Iranian nuclear threat (if there is one at all) rationally.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Grammar

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Yes the term is very crude and selective. Palestinians are of course also Semitic people, due to their use of the Semitic alphabet, which is what the term refers to.

However the term antisemitism is never used in reference to Israeli subjugation and attacks on the Palestinians both within the West Bank and Gaza Strip and the Israeli Arab citizens of Israel.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I think it's a clear case of preemptive discrediting of an individual. Just like Gunter Grass. He was warning of a transfer of a German sub to Israel. The monitors instantly jumped on his poem, accused him of anti-semitism. Then everyone agrees to consider him a cranky, crackpot, anti-semite, so that no one will listen to him.

Result: Now the Israeli's possibly have the sub, in addition to a 500 Kiloton German Hydrogen Bomb,

500 Kiloton German Hydrogen Bomb Goes Missing

So now a world leader in conflict resolution and theoretician of results of power projection gets the same "cranky, crackpot, anti-semite" smear, right when it would be nice to have expert advice on the possible outcome of Israel either dropping it on Iran themselves, or exploding it in a Western City as a false flag operation making it look like Iran did it. Preemptive Discredit

see also: Israeli DM: Early Elections Won’t Stall Iran War
edit on 3-5-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

no need to read the links.. hell, I knew this happening even before the smoke cleared.. LMAO ..

come on ppl .. use your logic .. ~!!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I don't buy any of that hydrogen bomb transfer to Israel from Germany/NATO etc. Literally what is the point? Israel already has around 200 of the weapons.

top topics

join