It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yacht Aegean out of Newport Beach Disappears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
On an orgainized race from Newport Beach to Ensenada this week the yacht Aegean suddenly disappeared while underway by sail in light winds. Speculation that it may have had a collision with a much larger vessel is very unlikely. Large cargo ships are closely followed as was the Aegean. The moment of collision is well known and it could be matched with the positions of the large vessels in the area. What is more likely is that there was a collision with a law enforcement boat under way at high speed and lots of folks in the government know about the loss. The delay in reporting is likely caused by the need to concoct a story that excuses the government owned and operated patrol boat from failing to see and avoid a sail boat on the open ocean.
edit on 30-4-2012 by whatwasthat because: sp

edit on 30-4-2012 by whatwasthat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Great find on this. I'd imagine some in Washington would be very happy if no one found this story, ever. I have to think you're right.....

Either a LEO boat did it or a Smuggler boat. What else could it be? You're 100% right about that being a rather watched piece of water...to say the very least. Are there many stretches of water MORE closely watched anywhere on Earth?? It just isn't the public with the wall screens of Maritime traffic showing in real time. I'd say someone in Federal law enforcement has some real fast talking to do...or indict them. Enough of this crap. If they did NOT do it, then say so and say who DID...because I can't believe they don't have a record of movement somewhere showing exactly what happened.

Hell, they probably have Predator or Global Hawk drones over that stretch of water for border security issues. Odds are, someone might even have color footage of whatever tragedy caused this?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This really sounds interesting. Is there a source article, or am I missing a link somewhere? And, isn't it a requirement for all boats in boat races to have some form of GPS onboard, if nothing else than to determine exact times and positions in case there is a dispute about who wins? If so, wouldn't that have all of the locational information?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

apnews.myway.com...

This is the easiest to find news article on the mishap. The reason I posted it is because of the mention of the likelhood of a collision with a large cargo vessel. This is a red flag because it would be very unlikely to happen without one of several agencies seeing a collision. The fact is the US Coast Guard saw the signature of the yacht drop off and had the ability to go directly to the sight. Responsible people know what two vessels occupied the same space at the time of the collision but the story is published to make it seem to be a mystery.

As for GPS the crew would have multiple redundant locating devices that would electronically announce their presence and track other nearby vessels. Keep in mind these sailboats came out of Newport a center for the latest gadgets.

edit on 30-4-2012 by whatwasthat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It hit an island at 1:30 in the morning.

The sailing anarchy board is about 48 hours ahead of this board in most current events. Warning that board is brutal. You can't bluff your way through anything you had better know what you are talking about.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

share.findmespot.com...

Does this link add useful data to the story of the Aegean?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
thats retarded that they dont have a waterproof gps signal,

apparently

new topics

top topics

join