It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMORC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
EDIT: Just found it. Search, duh. Ignore.

I don't know if we've talked about this group before at any link.

I used to see there ads in science magazines over the years.

It looks like the lessons are similar to many other traditions, but the dues - WOW!

Anyone know anything about them?

Rosicrucian Order
edit on 4/30/12 by emsed1 because: wrong link

edit on 4/30/12 by emsed1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I'm not sure if this would fall under "secret society" since all you need to join is $150 and internet access.
Sounds more like a sham to take people's money to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by emsed1

I'm not sure if this would fall under "secret society" since all you need to join is $150 and internet access.
Sounds more like a sham to take people's money to me.

Not that much different than Freemasonry then!

I just felt like this might be a good place to discuss instead of throwing it into some other forum with folks I don't know.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
BAH - search first... Turns out my memory fails me because this has been discussed to death. Ignore.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
My grandfather was a member. He claimed to have some "powers" because of it. He was a master BS'er so we all kind of took things with a grain of salt. He said he could levitate, but only when nobody was watching.

He did make a candle flame get very big and that impressed the room. He gave me a home made good luck thing and put several symbols on it. I will try to post some pics of it later. Might be nothing, might be something. I hate that I didn't have any interest in this subject when he was alive. We could have had some interesting chats.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You think because he passed away (My Condolences) that you can't have that "Interesting Conversation"...
His "Powers" are not gone away. Mediate on him and he will appear in a dream to you.
Then You Can Inspire More Folk To Meditate On The Souls Who Have Passed.

Jesus Appeared to in a dream. It was BAFFELING!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This was the group founded by H. Spencer Lewis. He claimed continental Rosicrucian authority on the basis of some honorary O.T.O. certificate he received from Reuss.

Aleister Crowley mentioned him in his autobiography as "the guy in America running the Rosicrucian racket".

There have been several splits in the group, mostly due to supposed financial irregularities. Their dues and fees are quite high. Enter at your own risk.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I recently rejoined, and,let it lapse after a few months. Good organization, but just doesn't do it for me. A bit of news: Michael Aquino of temple of set( a luciferian order) was also a member and they, without warning, rescinded his membership. I know this because he posted a rant about it on the rosicruciancommunity.org site. I saw it, but the mods took it down very quickly, didn't get a screenshot. But it was quite interesting. To be honest, I found amorc kinda dry. They're not on the cutting edge of occult studies. I've yet to find out who is.

And the search goes on.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

Maybe that is because nothing is hidden anymore. You will find all the knowledge you are looking for in books and on the internet.
Get the books by Franz Barden.
Learn to meditate.
Study NLP.
Do NOT join any groups. You give away your power when you do. Also you pick up bad influences consciously or subconsciously.

One more thing: Question EVERYTHING!!
I learned this from AMORC a very long time ago.
They have nothing to offer that you cannot find for yourself.
They even tell you this. The only thing secret is their little rituals that you do by yourself. I didn't do them. Gut feeling of revulsion.
edit on 8-5-2012 by OhZone because: added thought

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think the Rosicrucians have been a fairly interesting lot in the past, much like older style mason culture. Less about ritual, more about enlightenment and social progress. I spent a while reading about the historical Rosicrucians, although it all seems a little vague. I read a Rosicrucian book from the 20s, that was ok. Kinda like self-help stuff.

AMORC seem to be less exciting. I saw a few of their videos - the general tone of the presentation was very much like brainwashing. It seems like a fairly shabby outfit overall. The pictures I've seen of their place in LA and in the English countryside don't make them look particularly wealthy. They run public meetings here a couple of times a month, I was going to stop by, then I lost interest. But I did have a strange conversation through a large wooden door with a guy from AMORC about numerology:

The reason I came across AMORC and Rosicrucians was after reading about the Georgia Guidestones. The Guidestones are signed by R.C Christian, which is supposed to be some connections to the Rosicrucian types. I came across the Guidestones after doing some research into the number 828 (for various reasons).

So, one time when I was cycling past their lodge, I decided to knock on the door and see what would happen. An old sounding guy, with a sort of African accent replied, and I ended up blurting stuff out about the Guidestones and those numbers and a few other ideas I'd been having. And the really weird thing was, he seemed to know what I was talking about. After a few minutes of this, he told me had to go, but I should come back any time. I've yet to find a good reason to go back, though.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

Maybe that is because nothing is hidden anymore. You will find all the knowledge you are looking for in books and on the internet.
Get the books by Franz Barden.
Learn to meditate.
Study NLP.
Do NOT join any groups. You give away your power when you do. Also you pick up bad influences consciously or subconsciously.

One more thing: Question EVERYTHING!!
I learned this from AMORC a very long time ago.
They have nothing to offer that you cannot find for yourself.
They even tell you this. The only thing secret is their little rituals that you do by yourself. I didn't do them. Gut feeling of revulsion.
edit on 8-5-2012 by OhZone because: added thought

You have a point there, I do think I've been subjugating myself and depending on others to show me the way instead of seeing for myself. Found franz bardon's "initiation to hermetics" on scribd, and I'm sitting at LAX reading the whole thing on my iPhone (lots of time to kill before my flight) thanks much.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
A bit of news: Michael Aquino of temple of set( a luciferian order) was also a member and they, without warning, rescinded his membership. I know this because he posted a rant about it on the rosicruciancommunity.org site. I saw it, but the mods took it down very quickly, didn't get a screenshot.

That was likely someone perpetrating a hoax. In Aquino's two books, "The Church of Satan" and "The Temple of Set", both available online on his website, he explains the fundamental differences between his own ideology and what he refers to as "Right Hand Path" groups like AMORC. The Setians generally consider groups like AMORC to be money-making schemes.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
A bit of news: Michael Aquino of temple of set( a luciferian order) was also a member and they, without warning, rescinded his membership. I know this because he posted a rant about it on the rosicruciancommunity.org site. I saw it, but the mods took it down very quickly, didn't get a screenshot.

That was likely someone perpetrating a hoax. In Aquino's two books, "The Church of Satan" and "The Temple of Set", both available online on his website, he explains the fundamental differences between his own ideology and what he refers to as "Right Hand Path" groups like AMORC. The Setians generally consider groups like AMORC to be money-making schemes.

Well, the thing is, you can't be on that site unless you're an amorc member. You have to provide your
Key number. And he clearly identified himself as "that" Michael Aquino of temple of set. He even guessed that his TOS membership was the reason his amorc membership was rescinded. I would think that amorc would have verified he is who he says, as he's certainly well-known..

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Michael Aquino said in his well written, very interesting History of The Church of Satan that the AMORC group are Satanist. I can't remember what page but its in there unless its been edited out.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I concede that he attempted to become a member, although Aquino does not consider them to be Satanists....he definitely considers them of the Right Hand Path and Christian mold.

Check this out:

xeper.org...
edit on 10-5-2012 by Masonic Light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

This was the group founded by H. Spencer Lewis. He claimed continental Rosicrucian authority on the basis of some honorary O.T.O. certificate he received from Reuss.

Aleister Crowley mentioned him in his autobiography as "the guy in America running the Rosicrucian racket".

There have been several splits in the group, mostly due to supposed financial irregularities. Their dues and fees are quite high. Enter at your own risk.

Haha yeah AMORC what a racket...says the freemason. Quoting Crowley too, great source. Great guy. Loved his work "White Stains". Personally I believe that if people find enjoyment in what the AMORC has to offer then no harm done. I have met people who subscribe and they're very honest, sincere people with christian values. They have a friendly occult amusement park in san jose it's like the disneyworld of the "outer" occult world. If you have the money I say do it but don't expect any REAL knowledge or secrets or lost keys to be imparted to you.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Haha yeah AMORC what a racket...says the freemason. Quoting Crowley too, great source. Great guy. Loved his work "White Stains". Personally I believe that if people find enjoyment in what the AMORC has to offer then no harm done. I have met people who subscribe and they're very honest, sincere people with christian values. They have a friendly occult amusement park in san jose it's like the disneyworld of the "outer" occult world. If you have the money I say do it but don't expect any REAL knowledge or secrets or lost keys to be imparted to you.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Rosicrucian:

A mortal dealt honorably a small matter to another mortal. He did so without prize and praise.
When it was done... upon the third day, he was summoned to the king's court for judgment.
In fear of his life... he went to plea. BUT! But what he found was his mortal friend.
Therein beside the mortal stood the king and his queen and beside them a mortal woman.
She naked and had her hair down. At her feet was her dress which was black. It was filthy and dirty.
The king spoke and siad: "Mind my worth and merits. Deal with her as you wish..."
She was bestowed upon the mortal man and he did accept.
He took her to his chamber and their did he deal with her.

A year later... so came forth the king. And having been displeased with the mortal... he took the woman away.
The mortal man did not understand. He asked why?...

What would you do in a situation such as this one? This is the overall mystery of the "Rose & The Cross"
Together... we may find that the "Knight Of The RoseCroix" has some light.
But none so great as God has when we deal justly and honorably and correctly with the duaghter of kings.
So... think well what to do in a situation like that, post it, and we can laugh or cry or piss off the Rosicrucians...

Yay!

In time I will tell you what is to be done.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
^

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

I would not accept any woman or man as a piece of property to be taken to my bedchamber. I definitely don't understand the "choice" if any are presented here. Maybe something to do with man's bestial nature? I live in 2012, humankind has moved past the gutterwhores and knights of centuries ago.

I really don't find anything of great intellectual merit in whatever that is (I have no way of knowing if that comes from RC themselves or not). It seems to reiterate the caste system and king and queen are never referred to as mortal.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
reply to post by Pinocchio

I would not accept any woman or man as a piece of property to be taken to my bedchamber. I definitely don't understand the "choice" if any are presented here. Maybe something to do with man's bestial nature? I live in 2012, humankind has moved past the gutterwhores and knights of centuries ago.

I really don't find anything of great intellectual merit in whatever that is (I have no way of knowing if that comes from RC themselves or not). It seems to reiterate the caste system and king and queen are never referred to as mortal.

Excellent advice regarding k & q as not referred to as mortals.
BUT we have not passed from one time such as that. If by now you don't know it... it suggests more than merit and intellect can acount for. no offense.
However... that is rosecross' agenda.
Hearing it aught to make you steer clear of their affairs. Its what they do.

BUT! what is not suggested is the finer qualities you may be willing to manifest and experience.
When the time for mortals has ended... you'll delight to know that you are a bit above mortality... if you really are a good man.

As simple as Freemasons who join to prevent what happened to Hiram from happening again... know that if you inquire about RC that you aught to join to save her from that fate.
ITS WHAT THEY DO TO WOMAN!
Also... don't fool with them if you don't intend to love the soul that comes about as a mortal in need. he has gifts but prolly not the kind you want if you feel about her like that.

BUT! Thank You In Advance... You reply is very much welcome here. But not informative enough. Just wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join