It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Wallpaper Competition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
OK ATSers, it’s time to use your artistic skills! We are running a competition to see who can make the best Wallpaper with an ATS feel.

Design a wallpaper/background image incorporating your favorite aspects of one of the following three categories:

1. Thematic. Anything related to the subject matter of ATS, it could be Roswell 1947, it could be Florida 2000. Any theme covered on ATS is fair game.
2. Deny Ignorance. Any interpretation of the phrase 'Deny Ignorance'. Take this one wherever you want.
3. Artistic. This one is kind of an open-ended one, for members to go wild with their artistic talents, it must include AboveTopSecret.com prominently as part of the artwork.

Rules:

• NO COPYRIGHTED PHOTOS. None whatsoever. All work must be 100% original. You must include the website address (abovetopsecret.com) clearly on all submissions. Ideally in the bottom left corner.
  • ALL submissions are subject to the ATS Terms and Conditions (ie no nudity, profanity etc) and all become property of ATS.
  • File sizes must be NO LARGER than 400K.
  • The pixel size of the Wallpapers is to be 1152x864.
  • Each member may only enter one wallpaper into each category.

All submissions should be sent to [email protected], along with which category you are entering it in, and your ATS username. All submissions must be in before the end of October. Judging will begin in early November.

The winners of each category will recieve 15,000 ATS points and the runners-up will recieve 5,000. There may also be additional prizes of free @abovetopsecret.com email addresses and a upgraded upload spaces.

Good luck, any questions please place in this thread.

This has been a DISC initiative.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Kano]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
this should be interesting

sadly my designing skills won't even be able to challenge the design masters here on ATS

but I'll still give it a go

[Edited on 28-9-2004 by UK Wizard]

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

• Each member may only enter one wallpaper into each category.

How do you mean?
Like ONE submission per forum? As in 35 since we have 35 catagories.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
How do you mean?
Like ONE submission per forum? As in 35 since we have 35 catagories.

I think he means,
Thematic - One entry
Deny Ignorance - One entry
Artistic - One entry

so in total you can make 3 wallpapers, one for each catergory

-----------------

Questions

Can we copy and paste images from ATS to use (eg ATS logo)?????

and

Can we copy images from the net and then heavyily change them????

[Edited on 28-9-2004 by UK Wizard]

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That would make more sense

Submitting as many as I though would be alot.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Artists! ATS is running a competition to find out who can design the best ATS-themed wallpaper. There is three categories to enter, and great prizes to be won. Get your entry in and join in the fun!

Should Read:

Artists! ATS is running a competition to find out who can design the best ATS-themed wallpaper. There *are* three categories to enter, and great prizes to be won. Get your entry in and join in the fun!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Great Idea! Wish I could participate however I can't draw a straight line much less design a wallpaper. I suppose that this contest is between kinglizard and Zedd. Best of luck to everyone.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
*are*

Woops, thanks.

Yes it means one image for each category.

Also Yes you can use images from ATS. (ATS logos, screenshots of the Forum etc.)

You can use any other images as long as they are not copyright.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Great Idea! Wish I could participate however I can't draw a straight line much less design a wallpaper. I suppose that this contest is between kinglizard and Zedd. Best of luck to everyone.

BlackJackal I'm with you. I couldn't sketch out a straight line if I had a ruler. Good luck to all those that enter.

Hmmm, let's have a contest to pick the winners. Let's see, Zedd and Kinglizard are 2 - 1 odds...........

JUST KIDDING!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Good luck everyone
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
With the artists we have here this is going to be good. Good luck to all, can't wait to see the work.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i've just made one for the 'Deny Ignorance' Catagory...
I've proberly rushed it but it's more 'meaningful' than graphically amazing,

i'll fine tune it before sending

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Is there a place where we can view the already submitted works?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, I will kick it off then today with a forum theme wallpaper entry.

Aircraft Projects & Military Facilities

* I can provide a link to my original non-copyright art sources, but I'll keep that secret for now.

Edit: And since the size is to be 1152x864 (and I did 1024x768 above), here is my proper entry which is the correct size: Aircraft Projects & Military Facilities

[edit on 28-9-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Very nice, Zedd.

just the first of many fine submissions from the community, I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i know these is a really dumb question but???
how can you desgin a wallpaper on the computer?

can someone please send me a u2u

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Where is the best place to host these files?
Not really gonna spend all my points just to upload an image.
Or does it even matter.Do I just send to KANO

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Posted by Kano All submissions should be sent to [email protected], along with which category you are entering it in, and your ATS username. All submissions must be in before the end of October. Judging will begin in early November.

SMR, not trying to be a smart a$$ but the original post indicated to send to Kano.

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know what it said.
What I was asking was where to upload it to to show off.But then stated maybe it doesnt matter and should I just send to KANO.Some have stated they want to see the entries and thats what I was going to provide.
Maybe I was not clear enough on WHY I wanted to know where to host it.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by SMR]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I use Image Shack when I need to host an image online. It�s a free service and the file can be as large as 1024 kilobytes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join