It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Heels And Tight Strapless Shirts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Dear EvilSadamClone,

I absolutely second your bewilderment. Certainly I understand what the clothing alludes to, and I must admit that when used adequately, those items can be .. effective. But they must be quite uncomfortable. The tube tops seem to fit nicely, but anything snagging on to it might pull it down, including kids monkeying around and scary strangers .. monkeying around. Scary thought. Bare shoulders also will get chilly faster than covered shoulders, of course. Come to think of that: how about all those girls & women wearing short skirts? Perhaps not as prevalent in warmer places but here in northen Europe those are worn into temperatures well below what I'd think is the comfort zone (15C / 59F and bare knees & thighs? eek!).

The biggest mystery to me are the high heels. I don't think I'll ever truly understand why women go through - simply put - the torture of wearing such things. Again, they certainly affect me positively in a visual sense and I can imagine women having the urge to wear them; but their feet must be agreeing with me.. Stuffed in an awkward angle into a container that tapers into an unnatural sharp point (usually), chafing on places that your feet aren't used to (at first anyway), sometimes bleeding.. A misstep could mean a twisted ankle. It's not Chinese foot-binding for sure, but it's just weird to me that people are doing this voluntarily. Considering how many ways there are to be sexy, is the reward really worth the pain and suffering?

(I apologize for any possible insensitivity in this post. No idea whether there's any in there, but I confide in you to tell me if there is.)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I read yesterday (cant remember where) that one of the most common minor cosmetic procedures is to have dermafillers (?) injected into areas of the sole so it makes it more comfortable to wear mega high heels (think 6 inches lol) for longer periods of time. Total insanity as far as i'm concerned. And as for that pooch that they have around their stomach is caused by the way heels arch out the back. Maybe if more women knew this they could have that nice flat stomach that they aspire to by wearing flats.

Personally i've never worn heels, all my boyfriends and my partner have been of the same height or just slightly smaller as are my friends and I always felt conspicuous and weird wearing heels around them .... damn you wee short bachly Scots people! And I was never one for wearing boob tubes either, too much of a prude i suppose. Most of the girls that I grew up with and am still friends with wouldnt wear them either. My daughter and her friends wear virtually nothing! Slight exaggeration but Im still shocked by what they consider suitable attire, good grief I sound like something from the start of the 20th century haha!, and still fight with her over her wardrobe.

So boob tubes and high heels are here to stay for a bit longer.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Perhaps you didn't notice the lovely lady lumps on the front of said female?

I believe thats the reason they don't fall down... not that i'd know i guess...

No comment on the high heals though...

i thank God they choose to torture themselves for the sake of us guys...

Heels FTW

<< 1   >>

join