It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just another theory on the end of the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a well-known papal forecaster was Saint Malachy( ireland 1095-1148)he made predictions of 111 popes from 1143 to what is thought to be the end times here are SOME of the predictions
montium custos(Guardian of the hills) Alexander VII(1655-67)had his family crest three hills under a star
Rosa umbraie(The rose of umbria)ClementXIII(1758-69)served in umbria before becoming pope, his emblem was a rose

Ursus velox(swift bear)Clement XIV 1769-74 image of running bear on his crest
peregrinus apostolicus(apostical wanderer) pius VI 1775-99 spent last years of his as fugitive from the political aftermath of french revolution

de balneis etruria( from the baths of etruria gregory XVI 1831-46 held office in etruria before becoming pope

religio depopulata(religion laid waste) benedict XV 1914-1922 whose rein spanned during ww1 and the spanish flu epidemic

pastor angelicus( the angelic sheperd) pius XII 1939-1958 was a devoted student of Saint Thomas Aquintas traditionally known as the angelic doctor

pastor et nauta(sheperd and navigator)john XXIII 1958-63 was the sheperd and navigator of 2nd vatican council

fos florum(flower of flowers) paul VI(1963-78) had the fleur de lis as his personal coat of arms
after that the prophecy described 4 more popes

de mediate lunae(from the half moon)refered to John Paul I who died in the middle of the lunar month
the present pope john paul II is de labore solis(from the toils of the sun) which is unknown at this time
the two remaining popes are de gloria olivae(the glory of the olive) and petrus romanus(peter of rome) who knows what will then happen??
end of the world?
end of the church?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The earth will live and no destiny is set for it other than what we have in store for it. We are the makers of that destiny. We can stop this so-called "End". Let this be the begining, not the end. In fact many times in history the end turns out to be the begining. So no ends will come without a begining. For history tends to repeat it's self.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
so basically you think the malachy's predictions are garbage

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The end of the world can be as simple as "how" we percieve our world to be. If we lost all electric technology and pre-packaged food, haveing to go back to hunter gathering lifestyle. It would be the end of the world for more than half of the planet. People these days are takeing things far beyond the easy to see awnser. Its not as complex as one thinks.

Listen to REM - Its the end of the world as we know it

[Edited on 18-4-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i wanna hear about what illmatic has to say and maybe truth will come back just to comment on this since he's catholic

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The amusing thing about Malachy is that the prophecies were absolutely accurate for EVERY pope up until about 1590 (when the manuscript was found.) After that, the prophecies turn from the incredibly accurate to "things you might find in a high school yearbook."

You know: "cute smile," "sunshine", etc. Totally open to interpretation.

Also, he missed one of the popes (I forget who, but he did miss one.)

Pick up the book, APOCALYPSE WOW at your library or used bookstore. It gives a MUCH fuller rendition of just how badly off the mark he got.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i still thought it was some pretty good stuff

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i think that the world is going to come to an end personally. i know that it talks about it in the bible and i believe whole heartedly in the bible. i believe that God is going to come someday and that the earth is going to come to an end.

top topics

join