It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle Shaped Object on NASA SOHO.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Been subscribed to this guy for a while and occasionally he picks up some really interesting stuff, like this? Arizona/Stephenville anyone?

Personally I believe these people who said what they saw at these events, so in saying that, these ships must be out there somewhere, right?
edit on 30-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It will be an 'artifact' or a crack in the lens or CGI or some calibration marking or something like that ......?

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Unfortunately there are far too many reasonable and mundane explanations that fit better than jumping straight to the alien ufo answer. I would like to believe otherwise, as many of you obviously do, however I don't let my desire to believe interfere with reality like many around here seem to allow.

I think looking into any SOHO image and trying to link them to alien ufo's is beyond absurd, and demonstrates a level of willful ignorance to believe that is on par with religious folks saying "god did it; when they see something they don't understand.

We can continue to put our collective fingers in our ears and scream "I can't hear you, na, na, na" when presented with stuff that is so easily dismissed till the cows come home, however it wont change reality no matter how hard we wish it would.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I didn't say it was alien mate.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Alien, man-made, ghost....whatever man. You get my point I'm sure, but you want to argue over semantics to continue to convince yourself that there is anything other than something mundane here and you are exposing it.

Whether you believe it to be alien, man made, or anything other than the myriad reasonable explanations (and you must, otherwise you wouldn't have posted it in the first place) you are pulling the wool over your own eyes by reaching for the absurd when viewing things like this.

You can google anything and everything you want to know about these satellites, even email the very people in these programs that will gladly email you back (as long as you don't come across like some nutjob). But then again, google and anyone involved in the program must be "in on it" so you obviously can't trust anything those THOUSANDS of people would say.....lol.

I always wondered how folks like you that think there is something to these images account for the ability to have thousands upon thousands of people that work on these things daily be in on it and keep silent. I mean, that's a hard chore for any secret to be be upheld through.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It looks like another cosmic ray artifact to me , if you search through the SOHO archive you will see many .
Here's a video of more

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gameisupman

Just trying to connect dots man, I didn't say governmental craft either btw
. It's certainly a very strange thing to be in/on the image, is it not? I won't bore you with my beliefs as I don't want to be bored with yours, just sharing an interesting image.

reply to post by gortex

It's certainly a possibility, thanx for input.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Is it moving? Is there a video? timelapse?

I would always be very careful in calling any of these anomalies on Soho's pics "objects" as they turn out to be some lens effects, image processing or artifacts (due to cosmic rays for example) most of the time, just saying this by experience.

from a very often disappointed, but still UFO believer...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

It's certainly a very strange thing to be in/on the image, is it not?

No it is not. In fact it is quite normal (and you must know this by know, as you have been around here a while). Artifacts like this show up ALL the time on these images, due to perfectly explainable reasons.

The only strange thing about images like this is folks who want to believe in a conspiracy so bad they willfully ignore information about the very subject they profess to be interested enough in that they routinely post about it on the internet.

It's time to grow up kiddies.....school's out and we are in the really real world now. Time to advance this subject to the next level by dismissing stuff like this and moving on to things that matter. I could point out the things that matter, but unfortunately they would get lost in the signal to noise ratio of things like "look at the latest SOHO image!!!! Craft or??????" nonsense.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

post by gameisupman
It's time to grow up kiddies.....school's out and we are in the really real world now.

Welcome to ATS , leave the condescending attitude at the door please .

post by gameisupman
Time to advance this subject to the next level by dismissing stuff like this and moving on to things that matter.

And how do you suggest we do that ?

I could point out the things that matter, but unfortunately they would get lost in the signal to noise ratio of things like "look at the latest SOHO image!!!! Craft or??????" nonsense.

Why not give it a try , if it really does matter I'm sure it will stand above the noise .

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gameisupman
I could point out the things that matter, but unfortunately they would get lost in the signal to noise ratio of things like "look at the latest SOHO image!!!! Craft or??????" nonsense.

Yes, please, I would like to see the things that matter pointed out as well.

While videos that are misidentification resulted from wishful thinking are bothersome, sometimes they serve a perfectly good purpose as demonstrations of how easy some people can be fooled by something outside their personal experience.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

My post was directly related to the thread, and directly related to the OP who said something related to the thread.

And your post to which I'm replying is related to the thread how? I mean, other than to make yourself look like some veteran blowhard and garner you stars?

May I suggest in the future if you want to tell folks like me something so off topic that you simply privately U2U me, or does that not work for you since you obviously post what you did for public attention and "stars"? I understand your emotional desire to seek the attention, I really do. But you are a veteran poster around here and I am new. Am I to understand that most veteran posters like you are as attention seeking and crybaby as you?

You keep doing what you do, and in the next twenty years ask yourself why this subject has not advanced an inch. Then ask yourself how you wasted those years berating people like me that pointed out things you refuse to admit to yourself added to the problem rather than addressed the core issues that held us all back.

I now return you to the thread at hand. OP, I apologize for the off topic rant that this other member intentionally dragged me into. If I am to be banned or otherwise disciplined I would expect the same to be applied to gortex as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Same location of the "Lasco C2 - Unusual Object. 24 April, 2012"...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Yes, please, I would like to see the things that matter pointed out as well....

Unfortunately, the things that matter vary so slightly from the things that are complete idiocy that to present them at this stage in the game is useless. It wouldn't be so useless if there wasn't the signal-to-noise ratio that the internet has not only fostered, but encouraged to grow (in the name of clicks and money) causing the majority to so easily dismiss this subject.

There are things that matter pointed out on this board weekly. But it saddens me to read even those threads, as they make us all look like morons if I pointed them out to anybody with half a brain to follow up on.

It's kind of like reading that 2+2=4 in the Weekly World News for me. I'm screaming at my computer about how close they are, then laughing at the "useful idiots" that step in to ensure we are viewed as "typical" of those that would read the "weekly world news" and that is that.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

No need to apologize mate, I think you and Gortex both have interesting points and I would like to hear your points on the subjects that matter with keen interest.

Just to add, there are a lot of silly, zombie-like people plugged into the grid who do believe what they are told by their governments every day, some of us know different and will not give up til at least some of the lies the population have been told are exposed. I kinda believe that a lot threads on here are chipping away at some of this, maybe even this one? There's a long way to go but I ain't giving up.

top topics

join