It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS Crack DOWN On The Use Of SILLY ANNOYING CAPITALS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

They not only LOOK HORRIBLE but they’re often a substitute for REASONED ARGUMENT. This is because they are generally employed by people who, rather than fleshing out their point, resort to SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER.

But seriously, do you really feel like someone is shouting at you when they speak in caps?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestlessNRG
reply to post by Germanicus

I think you should consider yourself blessed if this is on your mind and considered an annoyance. Personally the intentional misspelling of words is a greater peril to our society than choosing to type in capitals. Whatever you interpret from someone writing in capitals is literally IN YOUR HEAD and trivial. i.e. they could have just pressed caps lock.

So my answer is absolutely not. Instead my question to you is should ATS crack down on pointless threads?

I think the majority of them are pointless.

I think I will go to your profile right now and maybe that will help me out.

What important threads do you post my friend? I will take a look.

Feel free to take a look at my profile,there is some good stuff there

edit on 30-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing

They not only LOOK HORRIBLE but they’re often a substitute for REASONED ARGUMENT. This is because they are generally employed by people who, rather than fleshing out their point, resort to SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER.

But seriously, do you really feel like someone is shouting at you when they speak in caps?

Yes.

I do.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Well if you are looking for useless threads then just check out mine...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Banning people for using caps? WTF?

Maybe they should ban users with unpronounceable and silly usernames.

THIRD LINE

FOURTH LINE.

Now hate on me bro, since you seem to hate everything done by some members.

vvv

Didnt you already put your two cents in?

The Punch doesnt ban mambers. It simply asksthem to resubmit the post in a more civilised lower case. Thats all.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Germanicus, I often use caps to emphasize a word.

If you feel it's your place to complain about my style, then I feel I can now complain about your horrible spelling skills.

It's EASY to read all caps but it's HARD to read something written by someone with no grasp of the written English language. You often fail to use apostrophes when you write possessive nouns, and you use them seemingly EVERY TIME when you write a plural noun.

Don't tell me "maybe we're more civilized down here in Australia." If that were the case, you guys would all know how to spell. Not sure why you have to try and make it a hateful conversation, but to me this is MUCH MORE disrespectful than someone using caps for emphasis. Why the hypocrisy?

Hey twinkle toes, It is one persons request. He is not representing Australia. HaveP

some common dog doodles and be a little reasonable. There is far too much of this illogical black/white thinking on ATS. Good grief!

P

These were sarcastic remarks based on your fellow Aussie's comment "maybe we're just more civilized down here in Australia." I'm sorry this escaped you. The misunderstanding must stem from the fact that your country is so highly civilized, and mine isn't.

My apologies.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

How do you react to all caps posters on the street?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Ha! Just a joke.

And apology accepted

I guess we can agree to disagree on the SHOUTING.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

How do you react to all caps posters on the street?

I guess its my humble opinion that it is uncalled for.

Edit- 47 replies and all it is is insults.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

CIVILIZED? Australia civilized. Not on your life mate!

We wouldn't want to be civilized! What! Like the British. With afternoon tea and cucumber sandwiches.

Or like the Great Roman Empire with catamites and sticking swords in peoples bellies!

Civilized? Us? Go away! No mate, not us

ROFL

P

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yes, it is. Look at what is making you upset... a computer. Don't get mad at your computer for displaying all caps

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

CIVILIZED? Australia civilized. Not on your life mate!

We wouldn't want to be civilized! What! Like the British. With afternoon tea and cucumber sandwiches.

Or like the Great Roman Empire with catamites and sticking swords in peoples bellies!

Civilized? Us? Go away! No mate, not us

ROFL

P

Ha!

Those Melburnians are pretty civilized and sophisticated

Not like us Bogans in NSW and QLD

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Yes, it is. Look at what is making you upset... a computer. Don't get mad at your computer for displaying all caps

ok

2nd line

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Banning people for using caps? WTF?

Maybe they should ban users with unpronounceable and silly usernames.

THIRD LINE

FOURTH LINE.

Now hate on me bro, since you seem to hate everything done by some members.

vvv

Didnt you already put your two cents in?

The Punch doesnt ban mambers. It simply asksthem to resubmit the post in a more civilised lower case. Thats all.

Seems like a good idea to me.

Germanicus, I often use caps to emphasize a word.

If you feel it's your place to complain about my style, then I feel I can now complain about your horrible spelling skills.

It's EASY to read all caps but it's HARD to read something written by someone with no grasp of the written English language. You often fail to use apostrophes when you write possessive nouns, and you use them seemingly EVERY TIME when you write a plural noun.

Don't tell me "maybe we're more civilized down here in Australia." If that were the case, you guys would all know how to spell. Not sure why you have to try and make it a hateful conversation, but to me this is MUCH MORE disrespectful than someone using caps for emphasis. Why the hypocrisy?

horrible spelling skills.

Wow,I would have said my spelling was poor but not horrible. Im so very sorry it offends you. Please accept my humble apologies. And I assure you I mean no disrespect
Or to make it a "hateful" conversation. I had no idea this would upset so many of you people that like to shout.

I think it is more likely you guys look for threads to insult people in. Glad I could help you out with that. I hope you have validated your 'intelligence' in some way.

And the 'more civilized in Australia' joke had a smiley after it. I was tryingto let you guys know it was a joke. Sorry you missed that. Seems I have upset you. Im so very sorry.

I guess The Punch and I have a different opinion on the whole YELLING thing.

Have a great day. You seem like a real nice fella hey

TinkerHaus

I just added you as a rival. I look forward to seeing you around. Maybe you can learn me some things. You seem so very clever.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
why stop at capitol letters, Many lower case letters and, for that matter numbers and punctuation marks are down right annoying too! Those pointy things and also some of the things above the number key really don't do anything but add bad Karma to any correspondence. ***BUT NOT THE ASTERICK. Leave that one alone, that one is my favorite!

I say.....Crack down on them all( except the asterick of course) and let god sort 'em out!

PS sorry got a little confused and ended my response with something I read on the back of a special forces t-shirt.

I don't think god needs to get involved that's what the federal goverment is for. Or whatever the Aussie version of that is. (kangaroo court?)
edit on 30-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: cracking down

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

I say.....Crack down on them all( except the asterick of course) and let god sort 'em out!

Ha! That was awesome.

CAEDITE EOS!

edit- Hey man,hope you are well.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Ha! That was awesome.

CAEDITE EOS!

edit- Hey man,hope you are well.

*************** ******* ** ******* ***** *************! * ******* *****.

******* * ******* ******** ***** ***?

edit on 30-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Well I'm back to communicating like everyone else since my asterick based writting technique seem to have failed to convey my true thoughts and emotions

to bad, I thought it held great potential and very possibly the key to the next step in the evolution of mankind!

I would like to thank Germanicus for jumpstrarting me on this endeavour. Lesser minds like myself are often prodded toward greatness by the genius of others

Carpe cheedar!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Well I'm back to communicating like everyone else since my asterick based writting technique seem to have failed to convey my true thoughts and emotions

to bad, I thought it held great potential and very possibly the key to the next step in the evolution of mankind!

I would like to thank Germanicus for jumpstrarting me on this endeavour. Lesser minds like myself are often prodded toward greatness by the genius of others

Carpe cheedar!

And maybe lesser minds think alike. I hope you have those dolphin ready.

And you are not fooling me. I know those ****** ******, ****. * ** **** **** ****! I know your codes.

edit on 30-4-2012 by Germanicus because: personal humour

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Tinklehouse

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I just noticed nobody has mentioned I have two uppercase words in my signature. That would have been clever.

In my defence,the words are not directed at any individual

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join