It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians & Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Please keep your beliefs to yourselves and others like you.

keep them out of my schools, out of my government, and out of my life.

k, thanks.

edit on 29-4-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.

A few paragraphs by you as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Apr 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If Christians and Muslims stop trying to preach things than other religions just move in. I guess if you still want Judaism in schools I can't argue, I'll just get called an Anti-Semite. Oh well, can't make everyone happy.

What about if your children meet people who go to religious schools, are you going to keep them away from their potential friends? Are the people who send their children to religious schools going to keep their kids away from your secular heathen offspring?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't know where you live, but here in the U.S. we have what's called Freedom of Religion. Every human being has the right to learn about all religions. Not just the religions you see fit.

Though, I personally disagree with religion having any bearing in politics and government.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

Dear elitegamer23,

And why would you prefer that we lie about what we believe or not have the same free speech as you? Or do you think that all knowledge begins and ends with you? Are you really that afraid of people believing that there might be more to life than just this temporary existence? That question is as old as humanity and will always be around.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
If Christians and Muslims stop trying to preach things than other religions just move in. I guess if you still want Judaism in schools I can't argue, I'll just get called an Anti-Semite. Oh well, can't make everyone happy.

What about if your children meet people who go to religious schools, are you going to keep them away from their potential friends? Are the people who send their children to religious schools going to keep their kids away from your secular heathen offspring?

my family has catholics and christians all throughout it. my nieces are very christian and they are my daughers best friends. everything she knows about jesus she learns from them.

so the answer to your question is.......HELL NO.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear elitegamer23,

And why would you prefer that we lie about what we believe or not have the same free speech as you? Or do you think that all knowledge begins and ends with you? Are you really that afraid of people believing that there might be more to life than just this temporary existence? That question is as old as humanity and will always be around.

READ WHAT I SAID ABOVE!

i said keep youre religion out of my schools, out of my government, and out of my life.
here read this.....www.law.cornell.edu...

I dont care what you believe in, that is your choice.
when you think my life has to be affected by youre beliefs then i have a problem.

one question for you.
what do you think of muslims?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hi,

I usually thank people for their threads, but not in this case. This was utter garbage and i feel ashamed for you.

I do not believe you are using ATS the way it is supposed to either my friend. You don't just come in here with a 3 line post telling people of other religious belief to stay out of your way.

YOUR schools? YOUR government? It certainly is YOUR life and you can do whatever you want with it and so can others.

Are you happy that i fight for freedom of speech so that you are able to say such ridiculous things?

Cheers~

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

"Men, finding no answers to the sunnan [the ten thousand religious questions
from the Shari-ah] now apply their own reasoning. All men seek to be
enlightened. Religion is but the most ancient and honorable way in which men
have striven to make sense out of God's universe. Scientists seek the lawfulness
of events. It is the task of Religion to fit man into this lawfulness."

In their conclusion, though, the Commentaries set a harsh tone that very
likely foretold their fate.

"Much that was called religion has carried an unconscious attitude of
hostility toward life. True religion must teach that life is filled with joys
pleasing to the eye of God, that knowledge without action is empty. All men must
see that the teaching of religion by rules and rote is largely a hoax. The
proper teaching is recognized with ease. You can know it without fail because it
awakens within you that sensation which tells you this is something you've
always known."

There was an odd sense of calm as the presses and shigawire imprinters
rolled and the O.C. Bible spread out through the worlds. Some interpreted this
as a sign from God, an omen of unity.
But even the C.E.T. delegates betrayed the fiction of that calm as they
returned to their respective congregations. Eighteen of them were lynched within
two months. Fifty-three recanted within the year.
The O.C. Bible was denounced as a work produced by "the hubris of reason."
It was said that its pages were filled with a seductive interest in logic.
Revisions that catered to popular bigotry began appearing. These revisions
leaned on accepted symbolisms (Cross, Crescent, Feather Rattle, the Twelve
Saints, the thin Buddha, and the like) and it soon became apparent that the
ancient superstitions and beliefs had not been absorbed by the new ecumenism.
Halloway's label for C.E.T.'s seven-year effort -- "Galactophasic
Determinism" -- was snapped up by eager billions who interpreted the initials
G.D. as "God-Damned."
C.E.T. Chairman Toure Bomoko, an Ulema of the Zensunnis and one of the
fourteen delegates who never recanted ("The Fourteen Sages" of popular history),
appeared to admit finally the C.E.T. had erred.

"We shouldn't have tried to create new symbols," he said. "We should've
realized we weren't supposed to introduce uncertainties into accepted belief,
that we weren't supposed to stir up curiosity about God. We are daily confronted
by the terrifying instability of all things human, yet we permit our religions
to grow more rigid and controlled, more conforming and oppressive. What is this
shadow across the highway of Divine Command? It is a warning that institutions
endure, that symbols endure when their meaning is lost, that there is no summa
of all attainable knowledge."

The bitter double edge in this "admission" did not escape Bomoko's critics
and he was forced soon afterward to flee into exile, his life dependent upon the
Guild's pledge of secrecy. He reportedly died on Tupile, honored and beloved,

his last words: "Religion must remain an outlet for people who say to
themselves, 'I am not the kind of person I want to be.' It must never sink into
an assemblage of the self-satisfied."

It is pleasant to think that Bomoko understood the prophecy in his words:
"Institutions endure." Ninety generations later, the O.C. Bible and the
Commentaries permeated the religious universe.
When Paul-Muad'Dib stood with his right hand on the rock shrine enclosing
his father's skull (the right hand of the blessed, not the left hand of the
damned) he quoted word for word from "Bomoko's Legacy" --

"You who have defeated us say to yourselves that Babylon is fallen and its
works have been overturned. I say to you still that man remains on trial, each
man in his own dock. Each man is a little war."

from the appendix of Dune by Frank Herbert

F&S

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Dear elitegamer23

Perhaps you can keep your rudeness out of your responses. I don't put my religion in school nor do I want it taught in schools. Having said that, read this book Separation of Church and State: Historical Fact and Current Fiction. It was written by a non-believer and I knew the man. He took the position that the constitution allowed religion to be taught in school, I took the position that I didn't want teachers taking the place of pastors and priests.

As for your question regarding Muslims, it is simply inflammatory and bigoted. Why shouldn't they be allowed to believe as they will? Why do you assume that I will not think that way?

As for government, shouldn't we vote our conscious? If I believe in UFOs should I still be allowed to bring that question up to my government? This is ATS? Which belief would you think we need to have when we vote, yours? You intentionally bait believers and then whine when they respond. Why post to Christians and Muslims, ignore us and then we can happily ignore you.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

truly religious people should be way too busy
practicing their beliefs to be able to indulge pushing said beliefs on others

READ WHAT I SAID ABOVE!

lol you are asking too much
from people who only selectively read
whatever confirms their bigotries

People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define reality. But what does it mean to be correct and true? Merely vague concepts. Reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world and shaped by their beliefs...???

-Uchiha Itachi

edit on 29-4-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Dear elitegamer23

Perhaps you can keep your rudeness out of your responses. I don't put my religion in school nor do I want it taught in schools. Having said that, read this book Separation of Church and State: Historical Fact and Current Fiction. It was written by a non-believer and I knew the man. He took the position that the constitution allowed religion to be taught in school, I took the position that I didn't want teachers taking the place of pastors and priests.

As for your question regarding Muslims, it is simply inflammatory and bigoted. Why shouldn't they be allowed to believe as they will? Why do you assume that I will not think that way?

As for government, shouldn't we vote our conscious? If I believe in UFOs should I still be allowed to bring that question up to my government? This is ATS? Which belief would you think we need to have when we vote, yours? You intentionally bait believers and then whine when they respond. Why post to Christians and Muslims, ignore us and then we can happily ignore you.

all the christian friends i have think muslims are the enemy. what the hell is that supposed to mean? they fail to realize how similiar they really are to each other.

i have no problem with people believing in any god that they choose. there are plenty of religions to choose from.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeedawg
Hi,

I usually thank people for their threads, but not in this case. This was utter garbage and i feel ashamed for you.

I do not believe you are using ATS the way it is supposed to either my friend. You don't just come in here with a 3 line post telling people of other religious belief to stay out of your way.

YOUR schools? YOUR government? It certainly is YOUR life and you can do whatever you want with it and so can others.

Are you happy that i fight for freedom of speech so that you are able to say such ridiculous things?

Cheers~

yeah i pay taxes so its MY schools, MY government.

you are a freaking canadian? you dont fight for my freedom of speech.

this thread is utter garbage. any time someone tries to place their religious or non religious beliefs on someone its utter garbage.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

What about if your children meet people who deal drugs/are in a cult, are you going to keep them away from their potential "friends"?

see what i did there?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

k, thanks.

Um...

No?

Freedom of speech?
edit on 29-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

well said.

one thing i dont understand about god is why would he create man just to damn 99.99% of man/woman to hell.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Dear elitegarmer23,

I don't know all the Christians you know and I am not them. For all I know you live in the bible belt, I don't. I know we should all be allowed freedom of belief and freedom of speech and we should be allowed to follow our beliefs. Why do you feel a need to prod people to be hateful? Why do you feel a need to pit people against one another, especially if that is your accusation against believers? Maybe you should try and bring us together, as you said Muslims and Christians have things in common?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

k, thanks.

Um...

No?

Freedom of speech?

seperation of church and state?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

k, thanks.

Um...

No?

Freedom of speech?

That involves government dear, and only that. Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Dear elitegarmer23,

I don't know all the Christians you know and I am not them. For all I know you live in the bible belt, I don't. I know we should all be allowed freedom of belief and freedom of speech and we should be allowed to follow our beliefs. Why do you feel a need to prod people to be hateful? Why do you feel a need to pit people against one another, especially if that is your accusation against believers? Maybe you should try and bring us together, as you said Muslims and Christians have things in common?

you are correct, i live in the bible belt. i have family im very close to that are religious to the bone, and the dont even push it onto me. i dont understand why other religious people feel the need to by trying to pass laws that come simply from their religious beliefs.
if you dont want to let gays marry, fine dont be gay and dont get married. who the hell are you to think you should keep two humans from being happy?
you dont want women to have the right to abort a fetus that could potentially end her life and the fetuses?
then dont get pregnant and abort the fetus, its your choice to risk your life or your wifes life to bring the fetus into this world.

im sorry for pissing people off with this thread. im just sick of people using religion as a way of controlling other peoples lives.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

k, thanks.

Um...

No?

Freedom of speech?

That involves government dear, and only that. Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.

then lets teach all religions in school, not just the western religions.
yes lets please teach kids about the flying spaghetti monster.
www.venganza.org...

silly rabbit ,tricks are for kids.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join