It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's: Okay Most People Know About STS-48 Mission Footage, However Check Out What STS-39 Captured!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm hoping that my "99 FAQs About 'Space UFOs'", findable on my home page, would provide enough background to allow folks to stop guessing about what spaceflight SHOULD look like, and see what it DOES look like, and then compare these videos to ordinary space scenes.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Same mistake by Hundroid -- so you have the same assignment.

Originally posted by christoker
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

At 2:20 the unidentified object changes direction twice. I am sure someone will try to say some cleaver debunking line, but anyone with any logic can see that this is not normal. The shuttle's have captured many great shots of unidentified objects. Now with cgi and anyone can hoax attitude it is getting harder to find great video's of ufo's.

No, somebody will tell you that you didn't notice the Earth surface motion reverse course exactly during this interval, showing that the camera was panning during this interval.

Look at it again.

Report back to the class.
edit on 29-4-2012 by JimOberg because: add second poster

The real problem with these guys is the simple fact they are so obsessed by these objects they don't notice what is the actually happening in these videos

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tresker

Can you please explain how you work out the speed as you work have NOTHING to base it on?

I mean how big is the object and how far away?

You have NO frame of reference so YOU cannot tell the speed!!!

It's that simple

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanation of why you think that way -- it's helpful in understanding how so many eager, intelligent folks really are unjustifiably amazed by videos such as these. But since your assumptions are factually wrong, you ought to be suspicious about your deductions based on them. Ice out of water dumps, off the main engines, from the flash evaporator, from other sources, and from leaking RCS thrusters is usually departing the shuttle, and has relative speeds of only a few feet per second at most so even a recontact isn't a problem.

I don't think ANY of this is 'space junk' in the common use of the term, for OTHER satellites and fragments thereof. They will crioss-cross the shuttle's orbit much too quickly to even register on a TV or an eyeball. I think all the stuff we see on youtube is stuff coming off of the observation vehicle itself, or sometimes views of target satellites in parallel orbits during rendezvous or departure.

Pfiuu how much do they pay u Ordberg?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

The camera was panning at that time. You can see the Earth also "moving" below during that time, which was due to the camera movement.

No Earth moves like that, unless it's under intelligent control! Wake up, deny ignorance!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
@wmd_2008

You can see how the speed at which the craft rolls at, that compared to the white things move extremely slow.

Unless you r telling me the craft isn't rolling. But that's just stupid

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The orbiter and the camera are both moving. You see the earth moving from the shuttle's orbit and the camera is panning. Notice that the 'objects' travel away at the same vector as you see the earth moving in the background, which is a COMBINED vector of the orbital motion and the camera panning, exactly what you would expect, further proving that these are just the small pieces of ice that continually orbit with the shuttle.

At 2:10 the camera stops panning for a few seconds, then turns towards the right and you see an object start to head to the top of the screen, then the camera starts panning again the the left, and the object goes to the right just as you would expect. Debunked, IMHO.
edit on 2-5-2012 by charlyv because: clarity

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tresker
@wmd_2008

You can see how the speed at which the craft rolls at, that compared to the white things move extremely slow.

Unless you r telling me the craft isn't rolling. But that's just stupid

This is what you said

Originally posted by Tresker
I don’t think those objects are space craft, definitely UFO’s though. They clearly travel fast enough to break Earth’s gravitational pull.

So how do you work that out YOU dont know the SIZE or the DISTANCE of the objects SO YOU cannot repeat CANNOT work out a speed its plain and simple!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join