It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Shooting at an at-home day care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Three people, including a 3 year old child have been critically wounded in a shooting at a day care in Detroit. The suspect remains on the loose, police are searching for him at this moment.

Detroit police searched Tuesday for a man who opened fire in a Detroit home day-care center, critically wounding three people, including a 3-year-old child, officials said.

Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings told reporters that the man was wearing a black jacket and black pants and was carrying a steel blue, automatic gun.

Police detained a man, hoping he could help identify the suspect, said police spokesman James Tate.

Bully-Cummings said two women, ages 41 and 23, were shot and were in critical condition, in addition to the 3-year-old.

CNN
A 7-month-old was also in critical condition, "probably as a result of being dropped," the chief said.

"It appears as though this is not random," Bully-Cummings said of the shooting.

She said witnesses reported that the man came to the door, "words were exchanged" and then the man went inside, shooting.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A very very sad day.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
more news coming in.... *bump*.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
A horrific event. The mind boggles why people feel the need to do this

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The 3 year old died on the way to the hospital.
abcnews.go.com...

Some people just really suck. I hope they catch the bastard.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Detroit Rocks!

Love their sense of violence up there. 2 years ago, they were running around downtown, sticking hypodermic needles into little kids on their way to school, random.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We need more guns. More guns, more safer. Maybe if the day care center-personel would had shotguns and pistols this could have been avoided.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm sure it was an at-home daycare, licensed and registered in a good part of the city. It couldn't have been one of those jobs in my town where people run 'daycare' for three or four families out of their rented house. You know, right next to an abandonded house filled with junkies, which is right next to the rented house whose occupants are continuously rotating out of New York.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It was licensed by the state... and they were saying that it was a personal conflict, not a random thing.

((Detroit Free Press))

The thing about Detroit is, you have to know where its safe and where it isn't. People everywhere need childcare no matter what part of the city you're in, and there are worse parts than 7 and telegraph...

I can say that Canada is racist based on the fact that when I was there, people were driving by throwing sh-- stuff out of their car windows at the black people I was with, but that would be a HUGELY incorrect assumption. If you don't live here, and haven't spent a lot of time here, then you really can't assume anything about the people in the area or the things that go on. You're only listening to the news, afterall.

I don't mean to sound a lil rude or anything, just trying to make a point, I do hope somebody understands it.

new topics

top topics

join