It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical in our foods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This is nothing new but rather interesting

www.nzherald.co.nz...

It talks about cancer-causing chemical being put into our everyday foods - acrylamide

Now its not a first to hear about dangerous chemicals in our food but I thought for those of you that would be interested in having a deeper read or minding that little bit more about your health, you might like to have a quick read

Thank you for reading
CRB

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Actually Acrylamide is not added to our food, rather it is a by product of the Maillard Effect wherein sugars carmelize and react with other chemicals to produce trace amounts of Acrylide. The tests done that gave cancer to 10% of rats is roughly 900 times the amount found naturally in foods.
This whole thing is reminiscent of the Saccharine foible back in the 80's. Give someone 900 times the amount of something and there will be nasty side effects.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

I have to concur that this isnt something added but a by-product of the food is prepared.

and I also agree that the amounts in the tests are usually well above the normal or some might say average exposure rate.

Although I also have to acknowledge that there are times when that exposure rate is much higher in the population than one would think. Especially with people who eat multiple products like this with each meal and eat meals like this often.

So was the amount tested 900x the normal single-meal dose or 900x the life-time estimated exposure?

new topics

join