It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cotto vs Mayweather predictions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I hear more and more people saying he is the greatest of all time. I think he is a great fighter but thats where it ends. I think Cotto has a great chance at the upset next week. This being Floyd's third fight in 5 years says alot for not wanting to lose that 0. Paq has atleast fought 10 times in 5 years. Huge difference.

Miguel Cotto is the most dangerous fighter Floyd has ever faced. His trainer is also good. Floyd also has lost his legs. I think he might be ready for s loss. What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

Mayweather win for sure and i say that because Mayweather only fights people he knows he can beat, that's why the fight between him and pacman never happened he's a scared little girl calling out pac then suggesting he gets a 60-40 split then blood testing every week for two months leading up to the fight. Then pac agrees and he adds something new to discourage the fight from happening same ploy same bs.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Like you said, Mayweather is a great boxer but that's it. Personality wise I can't stand him. I hope Cotto wins but we'll have to see. Of course, if Mayweather doesn't take any cheap shots like before. Very controversial regardless.

I'm still waiting for the ultimate fight, you know, Pac Man VS. Mayweather. Maybe after he does his little stint in jail he'll consider the fight if he doesn't keep coming up with excuses not to go through with it.

Flloyd may be the best boxer but Manny has the fans and a great record. That just eats Mayweather up because Pac Man is the favorite.

In answer to your question, I would like Cotto to win but if he doesn't , then it will be up to Manny. If Cotto doesn't knock him down some time during the fight, the judges I fear will give it to Flloyd if it goes to the score cards. Can't wait to find out come May 5th.....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Mayweather win for sure and i say that because Mayweather only fights people he knows he can beat, that's why the fight between him and pacman never happened he's a scared little girl calling out pac then suggesting he gets a 60-40 split then blood testing every week for two months leading up to the fight. Then pac agrees and he adds something new to discourage the fight from happening same ploy same bs.

You are exactly right. Mayweather is great with coming up with excuses. What I worry with Cotto is if they go to the score cards, the judges will give it to Flloyd. Cotto needs to at least knock him down once sometime during the fight, which is going to be hard. But I bet it will be one hell of a fight. Still waiting for the ultimate fight though, Pac Man VS. Flloyd..... I wish. We'll have to see what happens when Mayweather gets out of jail later on. Probably around Nov. or first of the year last I heard, speculations of course. Nothing definite.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I would love to see Cotto win but I don't think he can. Cotto has a good jab but Mayweather's is better and longer. What really scares me though is how Cotto tends to gas in later rounds. The main two things that stick out to me is Cotto form the first Marg fight and the Pacquiao fight. Now you can say Margarito used plaster, and you can say Pacquiao had him drained, but Cotto went into survival mode. He was just trying to stay around. Nobody is better than Mayweather is at mentally breaking down his opponents. If Mayweather really establishes himself by round six or seven, which I think he will, I see Cotto getting discouraged and just wanted to make it out of the fight on his feet. Also I see Mayweather getting more aggressive as the fight wears on while Cotto starts to slow. I wouldn't be surprised to see the fight stopped in the later rounds.

Another thing is Cotto hasn't fought any top guys since Pacquiao. He fought a one legged Foreman, and old Mayorga, and a one eyed battle worn Margarito. None of those victories did I come out saying "put him in there with Mayweather, he looked amazing".

Having said all of that I do agree that Cotto is dangerous. If he goes to the body early it will be an interesting fight. He has all of the tools to make it a good fight and his new trainer seems like a good fit. If Cotto can pin him on the rope I think we'll all be on our feet waiting to see what happens. The thing I love about boxing is anything can happen and you can never count anyone out, but I do believe we'll say a late stoppage or UD for Mayweather. I hope I'm wrong. I'll be cheering for Cotto. The great thing about boxing is if you truly love the sport you'll never be upset about your guy losing if you seem a better fighter do it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Mayweather easy. Wont even be close. Cotto will be strong the first 3 to 4 rounds than its all over.

Mayweather will have to step up another weight class to get competition. Or drop a couple weight classes to see if he can still deal with the speed and maybe he cant handle the weight loss. Only two ways he gets beat. Pacman wont touch him.
edit on 28-4-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Mayweather easy. Wont even be close. Cotto will be strong the first 3 to 4 rounds than its all over.

Mayweather will have to step up another weight class to get competition. Or drop a couple weight classes to see if he can still deal with the speed and maybe he cant handle the weight loss. Only two ways he gets beat. Pacman wont touch him.

LOL pacman wont touch him? what delusional reality are you living in! if pacman and may fought, pacman would destroy mayweather hands down. Mayweather is known for fighting now sub par fighters he hasn't challenged himself once in recent years. It always wasn't like this in his youth is was a force to be reckoned with but recently he has only fought fighters at the end of their careers and mostly coming off loses pac really took on anyone who challenged him which cant be said for mayweather the golden mouth piece and master of avoidance

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Really?? Pac is too small and slow for Mayweather. He also fights the same fighters that Mayweather already has destroyed after Mayweather fights them so there already shot. Not saying Pacman isnt a Great Champion just saying Mayweather is once in a lifetime.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by digital01anarchy

Really?? Pac is too small and slow for Mayweather. He also fights the same fighters that Mayweather already has destroyed after Mayweather fights them so there already shot. Not saying Pacman isnt a Great Champion just saying Mayweather is once in a lifetime.

First time i have ever heard anyone call pacman slow
short yeah but slow never

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Slow compared to Mayweather. The last 5 or 6 fights that Mayweather has here is the typical comment from a so called expert "Mayweather hasnt seen anything like this guy". I dont think it really matters.

Taking all the fighters in his immediate weight class he would take out everyone. He needs to either move up weight where he wont have the same power or move down and starve himself so he is dehydrated and cant fight. So, moving up is the only logical way to go. Just like Pacman did.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
mayweather has great natural speed. and he knows how to pick his opponents.

joe calzaghe retired undefeated. but he never really went out to test himself against the best out there. he was a good fighter but never will be considered one of the best of all time. floyd will find himself in this category when he retires.

i want cotto to win. i like the guy. he's a talented fighter and a decent athlete out of the ring. but mayweather's speed will be too much.

i agree with the posters above, cotto needs to hurt mayweather to get a descision.

-subfab

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You know what really sucks with Coto is how much punishment he took in that first Margarito fight with that cheating "edited for content". Really would of been great to see these two fight before than.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

LOL pacman wont touch him? what delusional reality are you living in! if pacman and may fought, pacman would destroy mayweather hands down. Mayweather is known for fighting now sub par fighters he hasn't challenged himself once in recent years. It always wasn't like this in his youth is was a force to be reckoned with but recently he has only fought fighters at the end of their careers and mostly coming off loses pac really took on anyone who challenged him which cant be said for mayweather the golden mouth piece and master of avoidance

Amen, brother......Mayweather is uncertain, to put it politely, about Manny. Also, it is Mayweather who will not agree to the fight. He keeps coming up with excuses blaming Pac Man. Typical... all he cares about is flashing his money on TV [literally] like that is going to impress people. Who cares. He's such a narcissist!! Just take the fight and get it over with already. Pac Man's not worried, he just wants to fight. So why can't Mayweather?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Mayweather FTW, not really a question. It will be a good fight but like most mayweather fights it will not even be close. Too many pactards and not enough boxing fans in the sport.

Then pac agrees and he adds something new to discourage the fight from happening same ploy same bs.

If by "agree" you mean no drug testing 14 days before the fight and then moving it to 24 days before the fight then i guess you are correct.

bleacherreport.com...
In a recent interview conducted between fighthype and Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz revealed that Pacquiao never agreed to random testing without a cut-off date.

Koncz stated that Pacquiao agreed to random testing up until 14 days before the fight.
Yeah, well, we agreed to, in the past, random testing as long as when we get tested, he gets tested, up to 14 days. We're not going to test on the day of the fight. I'm not going to sit here and tell you, yes, we'll agree to do tests that day or not, but what we've done in the past, we've agreed to give blood immediately after the fight, but then the problem is the commission told us that they won't do that because it's not sterile in the dressing rooms. Will we give blood five days, seven days before the fight? You know, that's something I have to talk to Manny about, but we have nothing to hide.

www.usatoday.com...
Arum had said Wednesday night he couldn't discuss the sticking point in the mediation with retired federal judge Daniel Weinstein in Los Angeles. But going in, Arum had said the biggest issue was the drug testing, as well as a demand by Pacquiao for an apology from Mayweather's side for saying that Pacquiao had taken performance-enhancing drugs. He said Thursday that Pacquiao agreed to urine tests any time leading up to the fight and afterwards, and orginally agreed to blood tests no closer than 30 days from the fight, then moved it to 24 days out.

Please show me where Pac agreed to Olympic style drug testing and what else Floyd has added after pac supposedly agreed the testing.
edit on 30-4-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

here is a good article giving five reasons why cotto could win the fight against mayweather.

www.theboxingpost.com...

i'm rooting for cotto.

-subfab

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
None of Floyd's fights have really ever been that close, except the Zab Judah fight. His first fight with Castillo I believe was pretty close.

Manny is basically Ricky Hatton and Hatton maybe gave Floyd three or four tough rounds. Also, Floyd has fought faster opponents than Manny as well and handled them easily. The only way Manny beats him is if Floyd comes down drastically in weight than it will be a fight.

Floyd is a once in a Generation fighter, if not One of the Greatest Of All Time and he has fought pretty much everyone in the weight divisions he has been in. I am a Boxing Fan not a Mayweather fan. Manny is Great, just not as Great as Floyd.

The trainer that Cotto has will get him into the best "fighting" shape of his life. But, he will need to keep sharp the whole fight and hopefully catch Mayweather with a good shot like Mosley did. I just dont see it happening. Maybe Sergio Martinez for Floyd next than the Mega Fight with Manny. Hopefully Manny doesn't loose before than.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
aint no way cotto is going to win..

Id like see him kick mayweather ass
but i do not see it

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
aint no way cotto is going to win..

Id like see him kick mayweather ass
but i do not see it

Gotta agree Mayweather wins by TKO in the 8th.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
[Gotta agree Mayweather wins by TKO in the 8th.

I THINK it will be a good fight either way

shane mosley is fighting right before the cotto mayweather fight..
that is going to be good although i see mosley loosing to Alvarez

lets just hope nothing happens like the LAST mayweather PPV
where mayweather won by a sucker punch..

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Mosely is my hero. Luv that guy. Definition of a true Prize Fighter.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join