It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think life would be like if 911 did not happend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What do you think life would be like if 911 did not happend?

I think it could have been all right.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My opinion is that if it did not happen something else would have. I don't know if I believe that our Government was involved in any way, but I suspect that terrorists were going to find a way to strike us. If not the towers they would have found another target to strike.
I do believe that our Government has used 9/11 to throw away our Constitution.
edit on 4/28/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

that's what confuses me.

i interpreted 9/11 as a direct assault upon the Constitution and everything that has occurred subsequent to that event was done to strengthen the Constitution, up to and including this very day.

if 9/11 had not occurred the disintegration that was observed in the Middle East last year would have happened a decade earlier.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If 911 did not happen, there would be no war on terror and over a million Iraqi's would not have been murdered, There would be no Osama Bin Laden, many multinational (U.S.) corporations wouldn't have made billions by being part of or being with the Military Industrial Complex. A whole ton of propaganda wouldn't have been churned out by the government to be thrown upon the populace by a Corporate controlled main stream media. A lot of American and Allied boys and girls would be alive today...after all they just wanted money for college, but hey you don't get it by invading a country and killing people who never did a thing to you. If there wasn't a 911 I would still be a card carrying republican, loving Ronald Reagan, thinking George Bush was a great guy and that Dick Cheney was the best thing since store bought tortilla's.
edit on 28-4-2012 by HEYJOSE because: Stick it to the Man.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well, if it didnt happen, We The People of this country would have a LOT more freedoms and liberties in this "land of the free" of ours.
Lots of our boys and girls who fought for this false war would be ENJOYING their LIFE right now instead of being 6 feet under. A lot of innocent women and children in the middle east would be going on with life as normal instead of great suffering and then death from nothing that they did wrong. And on and on and on.

And now a quote from Henry Kissinger: "Military Men Are Just Dumb, Stupid Animals To Be Used As Pawns In Foreign Policy"

edit on 28-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Difficult to say for sure but I suppose something like......

Well, what can I tell you? Life in the wide world goes on much as if it has past age. Full of its own comings and goings, scarcely even aware of the existence of Hobbits for which I am very thankful.. ...

Seriously though,

I suppose more attention may have been put on sustainable energy sources, lessening our dependance on fossil fuels, and improve the economy by developing said technologies further here in North America. Solar, wind, fuel cell, and hydrogen all could have been focused on instead of oil, oil, oil, oil, and (maybe lithium) and more oil.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
IMHO, I think it could have been worse, actually. I think 9/11 was an emotional and financial diversion from what was already happening by design - economic collapse.

Terrorism made this entire country, basically, look "over there" - instead of here.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Floydshayvious because: spellingz

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Floydshayvious
IMHO, I think it could have been worse, actually. I think 9/11 was an emotional and finincial diversion from what was already happening by design - economic collapse.

Terrorism made this entire country, basically, look "over there" - instead of here.

Yeah you're probably right. Certainly wouldn't hurt diversion wise. What did that retaliation cost you guys? Oh yeah that's right its still playing out isn't it? Ouch. Cost us Canadians too untold millions or billions. As Jessie says follow the money. Who got rich from 9/11 anyway?
edit on 28-4-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
there is no possibility it wouldn't have happened. it was planned for years and years and was going ahead with a security clearance to ensure success, they NEEDED it to happen to have their agenda manifest itself in a way only a 9/11 attack could perpetuate.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The United States would have found some other way to get into the war. It probably would have happened slower, and with less fervor. Bush probably wouldn't have gotten a second term.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by casioofnoon

jon stewart would be saying "7/7 was an inside job" and all the latte-drinking hipsters
in the audience would be cheering "yes, we can".

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Bin laden would be alive

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thank you for the good replys

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE
If 911 did not happen, there would be no war on terror and over a million Iraqi's would not have been murdered

WRONG. Terrorists have been around centuries BEFORE 9/11 and Where on earth do you get your numbers from? Also, if you are a part of the guerilla war machine, then its not murder - its part of war

There would be no Osama Bin Laden,

WRONG, he was a thorn in the ass of mankind since the 1970's/80's. And please save the rant about how he was CIA.

A lot of American and Allied boys and girls would be alive today...after all they just wanted money for college

I know, they joined the military and didn't expect to be called upon. They should have studied harder and gotten a scholarship, and not expected to TAKE the goverments money in a form of a GI bill and not be expected to GIVE back at some point, yeah thats real life

I would still be a card carrying republican,

I am not one, but I am sure they don't want you anymore than you want to be one again.

Dick Cheney was the best thing since store bought tortilla's

Me thinks you need to get out of the house more!

Dorian Soran

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
there is no possibility it wouldn't have happened. it was planned for years and years and was going ahead with a security clearance to ensure success, they NEEDED it to happen to have their agenda manifest itself in a way only a 9/11 attack could perpetuate.

Here, I will help fill in some missing pieces you may have left out by mistake:

there is no possibility it wouldn't have happened. The islamic terrorists planned it for years and years, ever since the WTC attacks of 1993 failed to bring the tower down and was going ahead with poor national security first enabled by the Clinton administration and the congress of the mid 90's to cut the military and leave us as a nation as vulnerable, to ensure success, The islamic terrorists NEEDED it to happen to have their agenda manifest itself in a way only a 9/11 attack could perpetuate, and that agenda is striking at the west, and killing and putting fear into the hearts and heads of as many Americans (and free thinking westerners) as possible.

Dorian Soran

top topics

join