It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are all of these circles on radar? I counted at least 20.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Before I start this thread, I will say that I am not promoting the idea of HAARP producing these circles, since any threads to do with HAARP just turn into a headache, and my stance is that I simply don't know, which is why I'm asking. But I'm sure somebody will come in here and will look at the image, or will skip the thread and start acting like I had claimed this or that.

I had gone back to several older threads regarding these rings. In two hours of reading about this, and yes I had to watch a couple of Dutchsinse videos, since he seems to be the main one carrying the implication that these come prior to severe storm cells, tornadoes and the like. Some say the Nexrad towers are responsible, and I will admit that most of these appear to be within the general vicinity of one of these towers according to the Nexrad website. Are these glitches simply appearing on the radar? I have a few questions regarding this.

There's a scroll bar, use it.

As you can see in this image there have been over 20 of these circles in the past couple of hours. While I am willing to listen to what anybody has to add, I am a bit curious as to why so many have stuck on the radar, whilst just a few have disappeared or have altered in shape. Circles within circles that don't appear to be glitches to me, or at least if they are, why are there so many over so many different states? And why does the coast seem to avoid these, especially the east coast which has a myriad of these towers.

From time to time I've checked out Intellicast, but rarely Accuweather so I'm not educated on this radar, however I cannot seem to find even half as many circles at once anywhere.

There had been a thread a year ago on here which claimed to debunk that this was nothing, but every video linked had been removed or the youtube account(s) no longer exist.

Around 0:55 in there was a large green blob over Atlanta, and after 30-40 minutes it had vanished until showing up near St. Louis whilst the circles still spun. The green blob also a few moments ago had been slightly NE of Oklahoma City, now gone. The circles are only now starting to deteriorate as the precipitation movesso I fail to see these as glitches.

At the least I am somewhat intrigued by the predictions made in a dozen cases or so that I can find revolving around as many as only 2-4 of these circles in which very severe weather or tornadoes did follow within 48-72 hours as predicted, over the cities predicted in most cases. This part stumps me, and I look forward to returning to this thread in 72 hours time. If there isn't any very, very severe weather, at the least we can take that so many circles did not produce anything this time, and that this circle thing is probably indeed rubbish.

Accuweather - Interactive Radar

Educate me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'll let people who know this far better than I address what is causing so many ghost rings to show like this. I simply want to say that the radar maps I use on my own website have been showing these now for a couple weeks, off and on. Straight visual satellite maps I also have in my weather area show no cloud cover at all over the areas these rings show at times. Other times the B&W raw visual does at least show cloud cover, but it's hit and miss as to what is there for similarity beyond that.

I'm anxious to hear anyone else on this too. Is the National Weather Service just getting this thin for maintaining their network? Equipment on the fritz? It's really been a curious thing.

Here is the save of the current map on my community site.

and again...a couple weeks now, off and on. About the same areas and patterns, but not always.

Yet, visually?

Same time frame, as anyone can see. There is nothing visually there where the composite radar would seem to say there is a big rain event through that whole area of Texas and across the south?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Officially they are believed to be 'interferences'.

I have never seen any definite clarification as to what those interferences may be caused by but they are visible on radar all over the world.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Gaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
They also say they need a major airport in the area to use HAARP....I'll come back in the A.M. And post that theroy. But alas for now...I should go to bed..but..I had to S&F...

And I am in no way saying that your proposing HARRP....

I am though....loll

C u tomorrow...lol

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The sensitivity of the radar is set too low for the current weather conditions.
I know that more humid weather requires the threshold to be set lower... so is the weather there unusually humid right now?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Before going to bed I always look at breaking News....and wow....here's a perfect time to see if the info and science that Dutch uses can predict terrible storms due to HARRP. He got the Dallas tornado's right and warned 2-3 days in advance. He might b responsible for saving some lives. If he warned me... I would listen....he's pretty informed in my opinion....

Prediction do to radar rings,circle sweeps and scalar squares....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Does anyone have the links to whatever equipment shows HAARP activity? I know something out there shows it because I've heard people talking about watching and seeing that yes or no HAARP could or couldn't have been going on a given day. I'd be curious to see if all is calm and quiet in Alaska right now or if the readings would show they are humming right along at the moment?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Here you are.

Seems the ionosphere had to work a tad over time in that strangely large jump, but I can't see that being related. It is around the same time frame all the same. I still check the data every now and then even though I barely understand half of it.

I need to go to bed, I'll be checking this later.
edit on 28/4/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Here you are.

Given that the Riometer is just a radio receiver, and you could build one at home by plugging the audio output of a radio into some kind of chart recorder, EXACTLY what is it that you suspect it is doing to the radar signals thousands of miles away?

edit on 28-4-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the link to that. I hope someone with real expertise in this field comes along to answer this. I got to looking at the pics I just captured from my site and they'd work perfectly in an overlapping before/after type slide box to 'WoW' the kids in the little science section I'm slowly building. I just need a solid science explanation to put below the eye candy this kinda makes.

The 'now ya see it' 'now ya don't' aspect... well... Anyone ever seen that 80's movie 'Final Countdown'? (nervous laugh) .. I mean, that is kinda weird. I still have a graphic here on my comp simply named WTF.jpg of a HUGE disc radar "captured" over half of Kansas! ...then someone explained how radar 'ghosting' works and artifacts. That was years ago and an embarrassing lesson. I kept the image to remind myself of what ignorance looks like.

This isn't a tower...a subnet of towers or even a single office or REGION of the NWS though.. This weird phenomenon is crossing several NWS areas from what I can see and that is just looking at where visual shows nothing whatsoever and this sure isn't the first night.

@Alfa1

I have no idea.... Someone else mentioned HAARP and I always perk up to see if a smoking gun is ever seen kinda laying in open sight for a connection. Honestly, all I've done researching HAARP for my own curiosity leaves me respecting that place as a giant mystery but no more convinced it's for weather modification than for cooking hot dogs or what they DO say it's for... No evidence of much of anything for sure. Never hurts to look tho.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
HAARP for my own curiosity leaves me respecting that place as a giant mystery ....

Really it shouldnt be a mystery since it is just a collection of scientific instruments, each one explained in detail at the HAARP site itself.
The overwhelming vast majority of instruments (such as the Riometer and the often maligned magnetometers) are just more sensitive versions of things that you can build at home.

With a bigger backyard, I suspect any decent (technically skilled) radio amateur with a bit of time on his hands could build the whole set.
I know I could.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have lived in Oklahoma;Texas. Louisianian. And currently live in Fort Smith Arkansas. Today we have had 15 to 20mph. winds coming from the south pulling a lot of moisture. up from the gulf.I have noticed when this happens the rings appear.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Here's Dutch Sinse's take on it:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Lots of other examples:

Some other existing threads about a similar anomaly:
- Very strange weather radar
- Storm Cells that Dont Move...

It occurred also in Switzerland in 2009 May, see here:
- Huge UFO Captured on Radar
- Did a country-sized UFO hover above Switzerland last month?

At the time, I did some measurements to find what could cause this strange anomaly:

The center was precisely located were a weather radar (part of three) stands:

Then, I did some search and found that the three radar operates at: Monte Lema (5.44 Ghz), Albis (5.45Ghz) and Dole (5.43Ghz). The exact center of this anomaly coincide with the Albis radar position (47°17'28.08"N 8°30'42.28"E).

Checking here (in French) for the radar image animations, we saw at the time that the tag "NO ALBIS" was there from 6h20 to 7h00, then from 7h30 to 8H40 and to 11H30 finally when it came back to normal conditions working.

So this round anomaly was associated with one of the ground radar that was temporarily shut down.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
These weather radar anomalies are the result of Clean-Air Mode operation. The radar beam is slowed down to increase sensitivity. This causes small things like light rain, light snow, bugs, dust, and pollen to be picked up by the radar and presented as these sorts of products.

These returns are very common and often brought up here on ATS because they can look concerning at first.
(see: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

You can also find more information here: www.usairnet.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'll say it,
alien motherships

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Those are other radars operating on the same frequency. Maybe airplanes or ground stations. The waves crash into each other and give a false reading that there is something there. Observed this on a boat and thought they were aliens until I was informed by our radio guy what they were.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

Here is the locations of the WSR-88D "NEXRAD" Radar. NEXRAD Locations and Coverage (excluding TDWR locations) Having prior experience working on this radar for 6+ years it almost looks like a bad algorithm build was pushed to sites, causing the "ring around" noise issue. At least, that is my technical outlook on it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by murkraz

Those are other radars operating on the same frequency. Maybe airplanes or ground stations. The waves crash into each other and give a false reading that there is something there. Observed this on a boat and thought they were aliens until I was informed by our radio guy what they were.

RF doesn't quite work that way. While interference can occur, each radar is base-lined to operate at a unique frequency within the 2-4Ghz range. Frequency managers have to obtain the operating frequency by making sure that a constant dissemination of a RF signal will not interfere with other RF signals.

Given also each radar has a tuned band pass filter on its receiver to only allow the transmitted frequency to be received.

This looks more like a back-end issue with the Radar Product Generator and its software algorithms. I will check to see if the NWS pushed an update around that time or had issues. Most of that is found in the public domain.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by murkraz

RF doesn't quite work that way. While interference can occur, each radar is base-lined to operate at a unique frequency within the 2-4Ghz range. Frequency managers have to obtain the operating frequency by making sure that a constant dissemination of a RF signal will not interfere with other RF signals.

Given also each radar has a tuned band pass filter on its receiver to only allow the transmitted frequency to be received.

This looks more like a back-end issue with the Radar Product Generator and its software algorithms. I will check to see if the NWS pushed an update around that time or had issues. Most of that is found in the public domain.

If that was the case would they not be more random and not gathered around areas of high radar activity?

<<   2  3 >>

join