It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD Confirms Russian Troops to Conduct Terror Drills Inside U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The drills, which will take place throughout May, mark the first time that Russian and US troops will train along side each other on American soil and correlate with a long line of Foreign military’s training to take on the American people.

That's making it sound like they've never done military exercises together.
They have, last year, and the year before. Up north. Although, Canada was involved too then.
They were in the air. I guess that doesn't count as American soil, it was American airspace.

Taking on the American people just sounds like fear-mongering.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

A news conference on video on You Tube called < Bill Clinton Is Asked About Concentration Camps> will add to this fire . The amount of Armed Foreign Soldiers there is more than an expeditionary group .

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Uh, the article is by this guy:

By Alex Thomas
, not Sorcha Faals

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Training exercises are training excersise. Nothing more, nothing less.

I find this to be a good thing, as it is increasing the relationship between the USA and Russia. Australia trains with China, and nothing bad has come off of it (besides the fact tha the USA is trying to damage our relaitionshipe with them).

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

The United States and Russia have a rocky relationship however the one area we have been cooperating with is terrorism. Both countries have acknowledged that differences with each other in other areas should not affect this one area.

Some time back the US an Russia held joint drills and established protocols in the event of a hijacked airliner over the Pacific Ocean. It involves the intercept, coordination between the 2 sides, and then the hand off to the other side.

The US and Russia have also held joint military training in the past at European locations.

Hopefully the Russians won't be treated like the actors were from the movie Red Dawn from the 1980's. Fun trivia for those familiar. When they were filming the opening scene, the Russian Paratroopers landing at the school, a few of the paratroopers were actually blown off course and landed a distance from the school. Some of the locals actually armed themselves and went to make contact with the troopers, thinking they were real Russians.

The US has done joint training maneuvers with other countries we dont normally deal with. Look at it this way... I would rather the militaries conduct joint training to help build understanding, trust and respect rather than go back to the mentality of the cold war.

If we are training together there is less of a chance of a misunderstanding of each others intention.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

wondering if that Denver underground military secret bunker has anything to do with, 1. ww3, 2. NWO 3. A catastrophic earth event-quakes-polar shift-ice cap melts, society go zombie like, big select world elites go to Denver, maybe fighting their way to their secure location, just throwing a consideration out there

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
reply to post by Humint1

wondering if that Denver underground military secret bunker has anything to do with, 1. ww3, 2. NWO 3. A catastrophic earth event-quakes-polar shift-ice cap melts, society go zombie like, big select world elites go to Denver, maybe fighting their way to their secure location, just throwing a consideration out there

Something else to consider...

If something Major happens in the US, or Russia for that matter, that essentially gums up the works for a disaster response, we would need to rely on outside help to plug the gap until our own military can get back up and organized.

During Hurricane Katrina the US, for the first time ever, accepted assistance from the Mexican Military. It was the first time in modern US history where foreign military units were allowed to operate inside the US in that type of capacity.

If people check the cities along the US Mexican border on both sides have mutual aid agreements when it comes to disaster situations, including the activation and deployment of resources in both directions.

The US and Canada over the last half decade have put programs into place that allows US and Canadian Law Enforcement to be cross commissioned. If a Canadian RCMP boat is chasing smugglers and they cross into US water, the Canadian vessel is allowed to continue, however they go from being RCMP officers and become Coast Guard and are subject to Coast Guard procedures and chain of command. The same holds for Coast Guard that enters Canadian waters - They become RCMP and are subject to their chain of command.

Local / State Law Enforcement between the US and Canada can go through a program that allows each side, in specific situations (DWI / fleeing Felon etc) to be in a cross border pursuit.

The world is getting smaller and the result is going to be closer cooperation between countries.

A good idea? Absolutely...
Something to keep an eye on for possible abuse - Definitely.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
See.... there's another thread regarding this, involving Denver & Utah, with airport exercises, paratroopers, the whole works...

Maybe that's what all the booms were about in Utah.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Uh, the article is by this guy:

By Alex Thomas
, not Sorcha Faals

Yes, Sorcha faal.

thenewamerican.com...
"Several prominent media outlets reporting on the Russian terror training in the U.S. picked up information from a well-known disinformation source. The almost certainly false “article” claimed — citing official “reports” allegedly circulating in the Kremlin — that Russian troops would also be tasked with taking over and holding certain CIA and NSA facilities.

However, the original source of claims — “whatdoesitmean.com” — is widely known as notoriously unreliable. Aside from the Department of Homeland Security, which used the hoax website to compile a report labeling most Americans potential right-wing terrorists, virtually all reputable information services have been aware of the disinformation peddling for years. DHS later retracted the report and apologized."

edit on 27/4/2012 by Sauron because: to add ex tags and source

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Hopefully the Russians won't be treated like the actors were from the movie Red Dawn from the 1980's. Fun trivia for those familiar. When they were filming the opening scene, the Russian Paratroopers landing at the school, a few of the paratroopers were actually blown off course and landed a distance from the school. Some of the locals actually armed themselves and went to make contact with the troopers, thinking they were real Russians.

That's what I find worrisome, some of the threads about this issue, has a lot of Americans quite freaked out.
They don't seem to realize that they aren't the enemy anymore, and so many people are armed.

There must be at least half a dozen threads about the Russians....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It seems pretty harmless, I mean the Russians aren't an enemy of the US anymore... really this can only help our relations. Furthermore I believe it is paramount to our growth as a race to share knowledge with each other!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Fun trivia for those familiar. When they were filming the opening scene, the Russian Paratroopers landing at the school, a few of the paratroopers were actually blown off course and landed a distance from the school. Some of the locals actually armed themselves and went to make contact with the troopers, thinking they were real Russians.

Was there a trivia question there? I love that movie!
Also, I think those guys in the beginning may have been Cubans. Ruthless! They started capping kids and firing RPGS at school busses!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronAlbatross

My prediction of how it will all go down.

The Russians will come in, some terrorist attack will happen somewhere on American soil. Next thing you know the Russians are being blamed for it by the government and MSM. The government will only allow the Russians plane to leave the country, while everyone Else's flights are on a no fly zone by the government. The government will not justify the actions of the Russians and will demand that we go to war. And, the next thing you know we are now fighting with Russia. Just like we are with Afghanistan. And here comes the Nuclear Attack.

See where this is going?

Case closed.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
See where this is going?

Directly to dvd bypassing the box office? :d j/k

I doubt we would try for a false flag and blame the Russians. They are competent enough to see through it as well as collect evidence to expose it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Will see.

You just watch.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

I'm gonna have to agree w/ this.

There's not alot of info on Diablo Bravo 2013. But this is from 2008.

In addition to Noble Resolve and Diablo Bravo, there are two other noteworthy concurrent exercises. "Immediate Response 2008," running for three weeks beginning in mid-July, involves a thousand American troops training in the nation of Georgia. The Bush administration is pressuring east Russia, probably in preparation for an attack on Iran in Russia's south.

2008 Diablo Bravo Info.

And couple that with this recent story:

According to reports, the U.S. and Russian military will be engaging in an anti-terrorism exercise that will involve Russian paratroopers using U.S. weapons to “take and hold” the main facilities of the CIA and Denver International Airport in Colorado and the National Security Agency in Utah.

Russian & U.S. cooperation

IMO, the above highlighted portion reminds me of a joint exercise for a future takeover of an airport. And I don't mean within the U.S.

Drop heavy machinery/equip to bulldoze and create a 'make-shift' runway. This looks like a joint operation for the future. . .

edit on 27-4-2012 by JWash because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2012 by JWash because: links are killin' me.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Sorry,X.

I don't want ANY Foreign troops,on American soil. There has to be Neutral ground,where they could train.

Training,in the guise of National security ?

Sorry,but I cant,and wont buy it.

Heck,even in a National disaster,I would be hesitant on help. We can,and should be able to help our own, MHO.

edit on 27-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This carries an inherit danger

For example Us troops in Russia Fighting terrorism

Russian tropps in the US fighting terrorism.

Russian citizens getting killed by US
US citizens getting killed by Russian.

Now OBamas comment about "being more flexible" has new meaning.
edit on 27-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
This carries an inherit danger

For example Us troops in Russia Fighting terrorism

Russian tropps in the US fighting terrorism.

Russian citizens getting killed by US
US citizens getting killed by Russian.

Now OBamas comment about "being more flexible" has new meaning.
edit on 27-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I don't need an "open mic" moment,from Obama,to know he doesn't have some sort of ulterior motive,for it.

I dont trust him,or this Administration.....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humint1
This line caught my attention and my flags went up -

"The drills, which will take place throughout May, mark the first time that Russian and US troops will train along side each other on American soil and correlate with a long line of Foreign military’s training to take on the American people." Source: See link source

Sounds as if they are training for an invasion. Lets see, we have confirmed that some of the 9-11 terrorists trained at military bases. And lived here for a while. Better stash this one at the top to watch and reference later on.

theintelhub.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/27/2012 by Humint1 because: spelling

Also don't forget, in May we've got that G8 Summit in Chicago and there was a "rumor" about the Bilderbergs meeting also in May, I think , different state though. Maybe they're here to help in case the protesters get out of hand. Remember the Secret Service guys are up in their necks with scandals, at least 9 fired already, sooo...

Just a thought.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join