It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scariest story ever written that may invoke paranormal activity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I was researching something on the net the other day when i stumbled into something quite interesting. What many people are calling the scariest story ever written. As soon as i saw that i was thinking "yeah right .." But as i looked into it further it would seem that a large number of people are claiming that it is so terrifying that they could not even finish it!

And here's the really odd part.. its only 2 pages long!

Its the first short story in a book called 13 and the story itself is called Magic.Some people are even claiming that after they had read it very strange paranormals thing have started to happen to them. In fact many people just advise people not to read it at all! The book invites you to read it under certain conditions , like on your own and in the dark but apparently theres more to it than just that.

This is a quote from youtube

the story is genius..never before has a 2 page story caused such a commotion..if you follow the instructions given in the story, and if your superstitious, religious or paranoid then it could cause yo problems..not one of my pals have "done" it, plenty have read it..doing what it asks is something else...the author is very clever

As you will see in this video the president of Italy found a copy on a plane and after trying to read it he had the book banned in his country.

So has anyone from ATS ever read the book and followed the instructions? Is it really as bad as people are saying and has anyone experience any paranormal activity after reading it?

edit on 27-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Okkkkkkkkk I'll bite. Why didn't you post the 2 page scariest story yourself? Just a couple of video's?

You can do better then that. Read the rulebook.

Open with a topic, supply sources,then your own interpretation and start a dialog.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I haven't heard of it but I will be more then happy to read it and try it. Do you have a link? Where can I find it? I love books especially horror. I tried to do a quick google search and haven't found anything.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

They book is probably copyrighted + i have not read it myself. To search for it and post it would be against the T&C.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Okkkkkkkkk I'll bite. Why didn't you post the 2 page scariest story yourself? Just a couple of video's?

Because the book is copyrighted, i believe. And posting something that is copyrighted on here would violate the boards rules?

Anyways, as the original posts says, its only two pages long. I have read it and believe me, its not scary at all..

edit on 27-4-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

link   
Found it

www.13horror.com...

So who is gonna read it lol

I have to pay for it to read it arghhh. I might still try it if it's not ridiculously priced.
edit on 4/27/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Ahh you have found it.

Im not going to read it.. lol

Heres another review from youtube:

edit on 27-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
3.99 for this thing lol. There has seriously gotta be a free copy of this somewhere. I am going to look around and while I obviously won't link a free copy I will let you all know how it goes.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Just read it. 99 cents on Kindle.

Wasn't scary. Wasn't even clever.

That's a buck I'll never see again...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yeah--Apparently the whole "scariest story ever written" was merely a viral marketing ploy, looks like you fell for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It might be scary for kids that are very suggestible, lame scam

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

LOL, Come to Tahoe and I'll put $1.00 toward credit to a beer for ya.

See how generous I am? OK I'll buy a whole beer.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i'd read it thrice if i could find it!
then id write the author and describe my life with the 'paranormal' and that alone would scare the crap outta him!!!

try doing the bloody mary thing in a dark room with a mirror and a candle
maybe that will scare you too!
tour own mind is the scariest thing you will ever know!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloomz

Wow...this has to be the stupidest thing I have ever read.

Its not even a story for gods sake!

Whoever paid for this you have my condolences.

This is something that would scare a bunch of 12 year old girls at a slumber party.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

This is something that would scare a bunch of 12 year old girls at a slumber party.

Then again, I didn't follow directions.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Wasn't very scary, will see if it scares my 14 year old lol

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Im betting that most of the people here who are saying its not scary did not read it alone , in the dark and followed the instructions lol

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloomz

thank you for your post of this horribly dreadful attempt at literature!
is this a joke?!!!!1 people pay for this dribble!!!
ive had scarier bowel movements than this!

i dont know what the original poster was thinking,but like i told them,go in a dark room with a candle and a mirror and play bloody mary

thanx again for sharing!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloomz

k so i read it. The last five paragraphs he is talking about spell out DEVIL. Big deal, not scary at all. Maybe i'm missing something. glad i didn't have to pay anything for this. Thanks gloomz

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join