It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midnight Sun - Iceland HD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Ran into another breathtaking vid displaying some of the majestic beauty that surrounds us. This vid won a contest, and is quite moving. It is nice to take a break from the madness and remember to include in our perspectives the divine wonder available here on our home planet.
Why do we explore:

Exploration is a distinctively human trait and something that the Foundation has incentivized through large monetary rewards, but it is also a deeply personal endeavor that affects and inspires everyone differently. Nonetheless, many entrants echoed similar refrains: to engage with other cultures, to learn something new, to experience beautiful parts of our planet. The submissions ranged in production value, and the judges selected four finalists: dude explorer Ryan Van Duzer, whose narration begins, “I explore because it makes me feel ALIVE!” (emphasis his) and continues to describe his journeys to Honduras and the Himalaya; underdog Samantha Gary, who produced a delightful stop-motion animation; Brit Alastair Humphreys, whose four-man row across the Atlantic Ocean captures the plodding monotony and accents of excitement that characterize many endurance pursuits; and Joe Capra, a time-lapse photography guru.

For Capra, however, it was a sleepless dream, as the midnight sun allowed him to shoot most of his 38,000 images between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. A typical scene took about a half hour, and the resulting 300 to 900 images would be edited and compressed into a few-seconds clip. Some shots use a stationary vantage point, but Capra prefers “motion control,” which pans or tracks across a landscape in a more natural, engaging way.

www.wired.com...

Peace and wonder,
spec

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

That was awesome

Thanks so much for sharing

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I never saw a midnight sun. I know what it is, but it's another thing to actually watch it.
A sun at midnight. Strange, uh? And then you have, 6 months later, a total night at noon.
S&F.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

My pleasure for sure blub!

To think 38,000 pics taken, wow! It is cool how they blended 900 pics together for this.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Yea strange and surreal, with a definite effect on humans in those areas.
Must have been an inspiring endeavor, before during and after.

spec

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A true miracle in my eyes. thank you for this video i love these kinds. S&F for you

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Thank you and glad you got to experience it!

new topics

top topics

join