It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My CCW has black out dates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well, the gun control movement has quickened its pace.
If our government actually believes that ALL people who have concealed carry permits are out to shoot someone, they're out of their minds. Lemme guess. Next, it will be sporting events. See, my problem with this is that you usually have to park reeaally far away when you attend such events. I carry for defense purposes, so what if I'm raped or murdered because my concealed carry can be revoked at any time for any event they deem a "terrorist" may be in the midst. (cue spooky music)
I guess our government doesn't care if I'm attacked by a true terrorist on the way back to my vehicle.

hamptonroads.com...

In Tampa, where the RNC will hold its festivities this fall, officials are starting to worry about people toting guns in such a politically-charged environment. The City Council voted Thursday to ask Republican Gov. Rick Scott to help them temporarily ban concealed weapons. Charlotte officials have yet to publically voice concern, but with both cities trying to balance public safety with First and Second Amendment rights, it's likely the host city for the Democratic convention will also have to address the issue.

The last time I checked, my Florida CCW was valid 365 days a year.
Let's also pay special attention to the fact that Florida just made it legal to conceal carry into bars and government buildings. Now, they want to take it away in the name of security? You've got to be kidding me, I thought. Then, I looked up the current statutes to see what they said.

Let's begin with Open Carry.
opencarry.org...

Florida is not a traditional open carry state.
Open Carry is lawful while engaged in, or going directly to and from, lawful Target Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and Camping expeditions. FL Statutes 790.25(3)(h), (j), and (k)

Places Off Limits FL Statute 790.06(12)No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any career center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.

NOTE: Open Carry is prohibited in general by FL Statute 790.053

Moving onto Concealed Carry, let's start with this interactive map:
www.handgunlaw.us...
Now for the Florida statutes governing permits:
www.leg.state.fl.us.../0790/0790ContentsIndex.html&StatuteYear=2011&Title=-%3E2011-%3ECh apter%20790
Many of the points of interest are vague at best, so I can easily see where they can simply interpret the law however they see fit.
But, let's back up a minute and look at the BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND DISQUALIFYING CONDITIONS that decide if a person will receive the permit.
licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us...
You will notice that the regulations surrounding eligibility have also been written in an obscure way.
I might be wrong, but after reading the regulations surrounding eligibility, the standards dictating who will be denied a permit appear to have expanded. I received my permit over ten years ago, which was also when Florida was receiving a 'D' for its conduct involving the issues surrounding who got a permit. I can remember one of the most focused on issues surrounded the mental health of the permit carrier. I can agree with this in the fact that if someone is Baker Acted, their permit would be instantly invalidated considering that they may be a threat to themselves or others. But, I digress. I'm sure you can see yet again how this can keeps the door ajar for tighter mandates.

As an aside, let's couple this issue with the circumstances surrounding the NATO Summit elite meeting in Chicago and the residents have to go elsewhere or remain locked in their apts/condos for something like four days.
www.myfoxchicago.com... 120420

The thumb screws are getting tighter. Not only do they think they can tell us when to stay and when to leave when there is NO CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER, but now they want to add black out dates to Concealed Carry permits like they're a ticket to a theme park. When does the madness end?
The fact of the matter is is that the only ones who see a clear and present danger are the true criminals. The rest of us just want a bit of steel confidence to know we can go places and protect ourselves from criminals like the kid who just got approx. 220 years for raping a woman just for fun because he tried to steal her car, but it was manual trans and he couldn't drive it away.
(Suddenly, I can't find the article. I'll keep looking since I know I read about it this morning.)

The main question is 'why?' Why are they wanting so badly to restrict guns further?
I'll tell you why.
They're afraid of us. Each American, and every country's citizens for that matter, should adopt this mantra.
Most of those who are planning on attending the RNC feel like terrorists and they damn well should. They're selling out the American people and others around the world. Their guilty consciences are getting to them because they're seeing that the gig is up. They know we're on to them. Haunted by "guilt" for getting caught; their own personal "Tell Tale Heart".

/rant over

So, the moral of the story is keep an eye on your state so you know about changing regulations and how the law is being interpreted. To put it simply, always demand your rights and reject the Nanny State.

If guns do bother you, at least always arm yourself with a pen, paper, and video camera. These items can also help you in dangerous situations.
)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Some truths about life in America that should be taught to every adult and child.

There are no rights. Only privileges that can be granted and restricted on a whim.

If you pay a tax on your property you do not own your property. You're a sharecropper.

The beautiful people are better than you and dont you forget it. (as we see here with the "pro-gun" RNC wetting themselves over your "rights")

This is America. Do what you're told.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The exceptions boil down to government buildings and bars in general. However, most bars don't check to see if you are carrying, so who cares? I concealed carry 95% of the time and carry a knife and stungun 4.9% of the time. I avoid government buildings like the plague. So 99.9% of the time, I have a weapon on me.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for both of your thoughtful replies.
I suppose it boils down to the fact that they're going to be regulated like hunting and fishing licenses, which is a shame. These laws are certainly purposefully written in a vague manner in order to allow for them to be changed on a whim, but for the reasons that benefit the elite.
It's really getting close to go time. More and more people are waking up to the feel of the noose tightening. It just burns me up that you have to prove your eligible to carry, but they get to determine that people obviously go mad when in certain situations. Maybe they'll soon restrict carrying during full moons, too. We all know that that's when the crazies come out.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I'll tell you why. They're afraid of us.

We must not ever forget that.

Even when some think that it is too late.

top topics

join