It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help for a friend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Apologies first off all as I'm not a pro ATS poster and again sorry if the thread is irrelevant. I have a friend who is going to be in the studio for question time on the BBC. For those who don't know what this is, it's a televised show which allows members of the audience to ask questions at MPs live on TV. My friend is stuck, he needs two interesting questions to ask. I'm not all up to date on politics etc so I thought who better the ask than the population of ATS. Keeping in mind that these questions have to be UK related.

So ATS if you were given the chance to say something, what would you say?

Again apologies if this thread is irrelevant to ATS. Mods/admins do as you please with the thread

Thanks guy and girls!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Why are there government funded "third person" agencies being paid an absolute fortune for (not) helping people to find work, and on the same note, why are supermarkets filling up with unemployed "dole" workers while honest, hard working people from these same places are being made redundant.
edit on 26-4-2012 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Although I already have a good idea as to the answers of these, it would be nice to see an MP squirm and try to explain it

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Thank you Fairguy I'm not too clever when it comes to questions or political issues. Thought I'd ask on here as ATS has some clever people might get a better response from here than my friends fbook status.

Just for the record everyone i have put this on here NOT for stars and flags. Just a legit question I wanted to ask
will look forward to more answers. Thank you all

Peace out, The PM (not prime minister thank god)
edit on 26-4-2012 by ThePeaceMaker because: Lol added a word

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I would be very surprised if your friend asked this that they would get a clear and in-depth explanation, and not just shrugged off. Even though we know and can see it is happening they still refuse to answer questions on this matter.

No wait... I love my country

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Totally agree mate, my friend would actually say whatever he like but as you said he will get shrugged off. I did want him to ask why have we not had a clear public enquiry into the Iraq war, all the rubbish about some infomation being secret, if there is secrets that can't be told to the public then the war in my eyes wasn't legit and legal, tony Blair should be facing war crimes

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That is also another good question to ask these vermin who run our country, after all, they hung Saddam for war crimes, told us Bin Laden was killed for the same reason. Why shouldnt Blair and Bush also be made to explain.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I did mention this to him but apparently the questions have to be related to recent events and news. To which I replied, it's still news it's just been forgotten about with all the other crap that's fed to the people

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Who's on the panel?

You don't really get the chance to ask "pertinent" questions on Question time, as all the main questions are vetted first, and as this is the BBC, they don't allow anything too controversial to be asked, and when a question is thrown out to the audience you only have a very small chance to be asked, and if they don't like it they move on pretty damn fast.

I was in the audience a few years ago when they visited Manchester.

Just for the record everyone i have put this on here for stars and flags

I think you may have intended to insert a "not" in there

edit on 26/4/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Very true also, sad that one of the only programmes we have where members of the public are allowed to ask direct questions to MPs is treated in such a way.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ok, my question would be (aimed at government rather than opposition figures): As the economic plans were based on increasing the manufacturing output of the UK, and as our market for such goods is the Eurozone (2/3 all daily trade) which is in terminal decline, what is the proposed new plan to get us out of this mess? As it is patently obvious that is impossible to grow a branch of the economy when that branches target market is in collapse, a new plan is clearly needed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Argyll thanks for the reply. Yes I agree it is the BBC and presumed the questions would get vetted, I'd pretend I was going to ask the question and then change it to something different while I was talking. Not sure who's on the panel I'm at work and saw my friends fbook status havent really spoke to him face to face for ages.

Also I editted my last reply glad you saw that I might of ended up in the mods bad books

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
I did mention this to him but apparently the questions have to be related to recent events and news. To which I replied, it's still news it's just been forgotten about with all the other crap that's fed to the people

Precisely, the winner of the X factor this week is far more important than who was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands.

And Beyonce has just been named the worlds most beautiful woman too, I'm glad they have their priorities on the straight and narrow.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Thanks for the reply! Erm that has just shut down my brain your far more intelligent than me but I will send your reply to him

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker

Precisely, the winner of the X factor this week is far more important than who was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands.

And Beyonce has just been named the worlds most beautiful woman too, I'm glad they have their priorities on the straight and narrow.

Tell me about I have the luxuries at my work of having the daily newspapers infront of me every day

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Depressing isnt it
Maybe I should just go back to sleep... its safer there..

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It sure is .. And what's even more annoying I have to stand there and watch people picking up the papers n believing every word. If I wasn't working I'd be sleeping too

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Nonsense, do not do yourself down. Just thought it would be a good question as it would put someone on the spot.

As you say, you can guarantee these days the questions will be as dumbed down as possible, it is always good when someone asks at least one decent question!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I like the topic of this thread, and the replies in it.. Glad I'm not alone in seeing how watered down this programme can be.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As I said Fairguy I'm not a pro ATS user or thread maker I just thought views and thoughts of ATS would be more better than friends on fbook. Alot of clever people on here with interesting views. If I was to go on question time I'd either be kicked out or muzzled

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join