It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving the Lodge - a newly former Freemason speaks out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Columstudent22
He hasn't been around in a long time.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardToStarboard
Up until last week I was a 32nd degree Scottish Rite (SJ) Freemason. I was entered, passed and raised several years ago and have greatly enjoyed many aspects of the fraternity. The entire experience of having been a mason actually brought me much closer to Christ in my walk of faith. In fact, it was many elements of lodge that made me realize my love of ritual and liturgy and led my wife and I to enter the Catholic Church after several decades of being protestants.

I'm writing here today not for reasons of negativity or to cause consternation, but simply to hopefully dispel some ideas about the fraternity and give a clearer picture of what it is and isn't. I'm exceptionally busy with clinical work currently, so I may or may not be able to answer questions in a timely manner or at all.

Let me preface by saying that these are my reasons for leaving and absolutely do not reflect on anyone else nor on their own walk of faith or connections to the fraternity. If you are a mason and disagree with my words here I have no problem with that, but I feel that what I'm about to state is fundamentally, objectively true (although some will want to make this about subjective truth).

I left the fraternity for several reasons and none of which have to do with what the rampant naysayers on these boards would presuppose. There was never any devil worship. There is no new world order plan. The videos and texts cited most often are contextually problematic or simply wrong. I left for reasons that are far more real.

Reason 1: racism. The problem is rampant in many lodges; in some it is blatant and in others it's subtle. And being that there is no overall governing body for all lodges nationwide the problem will likely linger for many generations to come just as it has for many generations passed. It bothered me from the beginning and finally I could no longer personally ignore it. Certainly there are many organizations that have racist motives, but freemasonry espouses that all men are equal while allowing lodges to remain open that spit on this very ideal. Rationalize all you want, but I could no longer do that in good conscience.

Reason 2: relativism. My Christian faith is the most important thing of my entire existence. I believe fully and firmly in the divinity of Jesus Christ, His death, burial, resurrection and propitiation for our sins. I realize for many this idea is ridiculous or repugnant, but I am fully persuaded of this truth. In lodge through each degree I heard numerous references to afterlife - many times the phrase "the great celestial lodge which we will one day join" was used. We were informed that to gain access to this "celestial lodge" we would have to live good lives, live within the bounds of the compass-inscribed circle, let Deity shape us from rough ashlar to perfect and follow all the precepts of masonry. In fact, in my apron presentation, scripture was quoted to the effect that one day the apron would be laid across my dead remains as God welcomed me with "well done, thou good and faithful servant" (Matt 23:25). These points were never lost on me and from the beginning I felt God drawing my attention to these details.

I believe God deals with us personally through our conscience. I believe His Holy Spirit directs us that way. I generally perceive it as a nagging or "poking" thought that, over time, just won't go away. I would stand in lodge monthly and hear scriptures read and ideals promoted whereby we, as masons were ALL going to that celestial lodge. As a Christian my belief is that only those who accept Christ and his work of grace for us are potentially the only ones destined for an agreeable afterlife (call it "celestial lodge" or whatever you like). Who actually gets into heaven is for God to decide, not me. I understand that fully, but in the plan He seems to have outlined for us in His word Christ is the only way. I'm not here to debate that point with anyone. If you don't believe that I have no problem whatsoever. That's your choice. Week after week of hearing the fraternity imply that we could somehow find God through other means than Christ felt disingenuous.

I finally decided I could no longer espouse this relativism or indifferentism that the brotherhood holds dear. I realize that very aspect is what draws many to the fraternity, but it's what finally pushed me away. In my view, it's a dangerous ideal, if in fact, Christianity is true.

I'm happy for my time spent in the fraternity because it truly did deepen my walk with God and opened avenues of thought that I'd not considered before. I don't rail against any of my former brothers for any aspect other than the problem of racism. If you continue in the fraternity then your own conscience must decide whether or not you are okay with this hypocritical aspect, even if it's not present in your own lodge.

I'm sure some may comment here that I should leave the Catholic faith or Christianity in general as it, too is hypocritical. I'm sure some will cite all sorts of reasons why the Church is bad or why I am wrong or crazy. In the end though I'm perfectly happy and confident in my choices and with my current life. I do my best to live out the ideals that Christ gave us and when my last breath has been drawn my great hope is to enter into the rest He's prepared for all those who call him Lord.

My best to everyone here. May God keep you all.

32nd degree here, and brother although it's sad you are leaving the craft, what you are saying makes me believe you don't get what Freemasonry is. Racism in a lodge is never a good thing, and if it's present that means the men in that lodge aren't very good people to begin with. You can only make a good man so much better than they are.

Finally, the relativism in religion is because Freemasonry is a secular fraternity that uses spiritual teachings in allegory to communicate deeper meetings. At the same time religion being a subject of division it is one of two subjects not talked about in lodge - the other being politics. Also, if you truly were a 32nd, you would remember that the SR teaches religious tolerance and acceptance - let others believe what they wish to believe as long as they have a believe in a being larger than themselves. Heck, even the fellow craft working tools teach thisbast a basic level.

Freemasonry isn't a religion or meant to replace one, it's a spiritual compliment to the religion a brother subscribes to. And if you don't get that, then yeah you need to get out because despite your higher degrees, you seem to have forgotten or ignored basic lessons inculcated in the beginning of your journey.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HardToStarboard

Isnt the entire Prince Hall freemasonry directly related to black people not being able to get into normal lodges in America? One of the caveats of being a mason is to believe in a higher power, the other being a "free" man, free and accepted mason, FAM?

This is absolutely a question because, I have no idea, it is just the way I understand the history of prince hall being a product of racism in America.

Side note, interesting correlation of names Prince Hall and Manly P. Hall
edit on 13-11-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
How to you expect Masons to be accepting of all people if they could only espouse fundamentalist christianity? I'm not a mason, but I do know they are supposed to be welcoming to all different kinds of people.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: fatkid
Originally it was, but today most Grand Lodges allow black men to join. In many states Prince Hall continues out of tradition.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
How to you expect Masons to be accepting of all people if they could only espouse fundamentalist christianity? I'm not a mason, but I do know they are supposed to be welcoming to all different kinds of people.

Are you claiming that we only accept fund Christianity?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

the teachings come out of the KJV Bible. They are inclusive to all religions and beliefs. There are a few orders in freemasonry that require the man be of the Christian faith, but it's not a requirement for admission to freemasonry in general. If you can answer "yes" to the question "do you believe in a higher power", you would get the big picture.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

You people are warped. Seriously.

Freemason. As opposed to a bond mason. Laborers building Romes temples for their fake religions. Whites assume the role of angels working at night. Whites assume the roles of gods while putting man into artificial constructs for further control.

Racism is fundamental in traveling the globe, posing as gods and priests, taking natural indigenous man out of nature, filling his head full of nonsense to keep him tamable for lap #2.

Blues, Reps, Aryans, Nordes, Gypts: all Romans.

Freemasonry teaches that an imaginary mirror is Christ. That the static morning star Gravity anchor is the same as the dynamic input it opposes. They embrace bondage. Their peon class has a favorite word: charity. Just like that to a chained mutt. Dependency.

Peon grade Freemasons wont talk, because its all # they dont grasp, and could be ripped apart by anyone whos not already possessed by a reflected, inverted, alter bizarro mirror signal. They are stupider than stupid when it comes to understanding why they are wasting their time with something yhat means nothing to them at all. They just think it means something to another being. Sealed fate. Core polarized, self centered posing as helpers. The worst.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JuanDope
Thanks for this pointless and ignorant diatribe.

Freemasonry teaches that an imaginary mirror is Christ.

No we don't.

They embrace bondage.

No we don't.

Peon grade Freemasons wont talk, because its all # they dont grasp, and could be ripped apart by anyone whos not already possessed by a reflected, inverted, alter bizarro mirror signal. They are stupider than stupid when it comes to understanding why they are wasting their time with something yhat means nothing to them at all. They just think it means something to another being. Sealed fate. Core polarized, self centered posing as helpers. The worst.

What?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

anyone whos not already possessed by a reflected, inverted, alter bizarro mirror signal

I think this explains the 'What"

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

you make me smile, but with my eyes squinting.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I am so confused right now

racism? Whites and angels in the night? What about the several black men in my lodge? One guy is Hispanic?

Man of all the poss on Masonry this is....well I don't even know what this is

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I'm going to go out on a limb and say his answer will more than likely be AA Freemasons are sellouts or AA join Freemasonry because of evil white people brainwashing them.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 04:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join