It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally saw a UFO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't think this was an alien craft but it was a technology I have never seen, although, I have heard talk about them. It looked like a pixelated triangle image of the sky with the exception of the lights which looked shrouded in a haze. Anyway below is the written report I made to MUFON and the UFO Casebook, I also made a verbal report to the UFO Research Center, Police and the Local Newspaper. From my research on the net there have been at least four accounts locally as of recent, seeing the same object or something very very similar. I believe two were the day after my sighting and one was the day before, there was also one in early April. It was a very bizarre sight to see and thought I'd share it. Sorry no pics, I was on my way to bed and I doubt my ph cam would have picked it up anyway.

In Oklahoma City 4-17-12 at around 1:00 AM I saw something I've never seen before. Here is my best description of the sighting. I was outside having a smoke before going to bed when something caught my peripheral vision, at first it looked like a HUGE bird gliding but it was a craft that looked somewhat triangular, best I could tell. It made absolutely no audible sound, nothing, dead quiet. I would guess it was anywhere from 300 ft -500 ft high, was flying very low and fairly slow. It looked as though it was gliding or floating effortlessly. A couple of things that really threw me were, the two lights, one on each wing tip, looked as though you were shining a light thru a dense fog or haze, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, the lights did not look vivid or stark in contrast like you would normally see on a aircraft, these had a sort of cloudy glow to them. Misty looking is a good description and possibly why the craft itself looked cloaked or almost transparent to me, although, I could vaguely make out a triangle shape it was not necessarily definitive as such, it also made it hard to judge altitude and size of the craft. My best guess as to the size of the craft would be roughly 40ft -80ft in width and it seemed wider than it was in length. The sighting only lasted maybe 10 seconds, my back was to the craft and I didn't see it approaching. I did not see it until it was right above me. It disappeared very quickly and not by speed, almost as though someone turned out the lights. I was not able to visually track it like you can a normal aircraft on a crystal clear night. It took me a few minutes to process what I saw, My gut feeling is that this is military and not a alien craft, whatever the technology was that I saw, it has definitely not been made public. Tinker AF base is fairly close and the flight path was similar to other craft I have seen in the past

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Your reporting to police, newspaper, MUFON, here, and anywhere and everywhere else, seems to me a little conspicuous.

I say this with all due respect, and please consider the highly speculative nature of this topic. I'm discounting your experience or saying it didn't happen. Just saying that posting up to every single person on the planet through every possible outlet is a little conspicuous.

Thank you for the report all the same.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Good detailed report. Can't tell either but it does seem a possible candidate for one of ours. When you said it was sort of triangular, but had a light on each tip, were those lights on the wider points of the triangle or did it have smallish strange looking wings that hugged the body, so maybe on the elbows?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I was honestly reluctant to post it here because of all of the recent bombardment of trolling. My last post was about ATS trolls, which was removed by TPTB. That is my reason why, for what it's worth. I don't make stuff like this up. In 48yrs of being on this planet and living in some of the so called "hotbeds" of UFO sightings, I have never seen anything in the sky that I could not rationally explain, until the other night. I hope you understand why I was hesitant to post but that is the truth of the matter.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

They were on the tip I think. The reason I say "think" is because it was more like the wing tips were illuminated and not necessarily a bright shinning light source that a beacon produces. The triangle was hang-glider shape but it definitely was no hang-glider. I'm not even sure there's a hill high enough in Okla City to launch a glider.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

"lights which looked shrouded in a haze. "

Did they look some what like they were shining through a frosted lens? A dullish, soft white?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Please, don't be so sensitive. Look back to my post where I went out of my way to say that I am NOT discounting your experience.

I was simply making an observation that your reporting everywhere, to everyone, in every possible way, was conspicuous. This can be taken a few ways.
1. someone is looking for attention.
2. someone is making an admirable attempt at getting the 'word' out.

Take that as you will, and keep in mind that if you're as mature as you say you are, you should have by now grown a much thicker skin. I am not attacking you. I'm only making an observation.
You should have by now grown to expect criticism of all sorts.
I'm actually one of the nice ones.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Sensitive nay, just tired of some of the posting ethics and personal attacks, thats all. I really have enjoyed this site, have learned a lot from it and would like to continue to do so. Me "mature", thats probably a nay too

Anyway back to discussion.

Did they look some what like they were shining through a frosted lens? A dullish, soft white?

No, they didn't look frosted. You could not really see the light source, almost like the light was diffused and shinning up to the bottom tips of the wing and illuminated in a fog, mist or haze is the best way I can describe it. It was very strange and it was crystal clear that night.
edit on 23-4-2012 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
nm
edit on 27-4-2017 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join