It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Lives for 256 years!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is a fascinating and very interesting story of a Chinese Man who was said to have lived for 256 years!

en.wikipedia.org...

TextLi Ching-Yuen or Li Ching-Yun (traditional Chinese: 李清雲; pinyin: Lǐ Qīngyún (1677 or 1683 - May 6, 1933) was a Chinese herbalist, martial artist and tactical advisor. He claimed to be born in 1736, while disputed records suggest 1677. Both alleged lifespans of 197 and 256 years far exceed the longest confirmed lifespan of 122 years and 164 days of the French woman Jeanne Calment.

TextSome claim that Li Ching-Yuen was born in 1677 in Qi Jiang Xian, Szechuan province.[citation needed] By his own account, he was born in 1736.[citation needed] However, in a 1930 New York Times article, Professor Wu Chung-chieh of the University of Chengdu discovered Imperial Chinese government records from 1827, congratulating one Li Ching-Yuen on his 150th birthday,[1] and further documents later congratulating him on his 200th birthday in 1877. In 1928, a New York Times correspondent wrote that many of the old men in Li's neighborhood asserted that their grandfathers knew him when they were boys, and that he at that time was a grown man.[2] He began gathering herbs in the mountain ranges at the age of ten, and also began learning of longevity methods, surviving on a diet of herbs and rice wine. He lived this way for the first 100 years of his life. In 1749, when he was 71 years old, he moved to Kai Xian to join the Chinese army as a teacher of the martial arts and as a tactical advisor.

The above quotes are from a a well written article and is supported by another interesting blog on (Dare I say it: Before it's News) this one is 3 pages long and the blogger is one of the 'recommended' however who the messenger is, is immaterial here as it is a fascinating story anyway.
______beforeitsnews/story/2059/522/Amazing_Man_Lived_For_256_Years.html

I love to read about these mysterious characters and firmly believe in the use of many fresh herbs and try to educate myself on them. I've had many successful attempts at curing different ailments using what I call 'Gods Medicine'.

Just thought I'd bring this to the forum for those who may wish to follow the story.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
it would be interesting to see the official records, if this man actually live as long as is being reported i would like to know what he was taking.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Li avoided drinking hard liquor or smoking, he took his meals at regular times, he had a vegetarian diet and he was known to frequently drink wolfberry (also known as goji berry) tea. Apart from that, Li went to sleep early and also got up early, and as far as exercising is concerned, Li sat up straight with his eyes closed and hands in his lap, at times not moving at all for a few hours.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Li avoided drinking hard liquor or smoking, he took his meals at regular times, he had a vegetarian diet and he was known to frequently drink wolfberry (also known as goji berry) tea. Apart from that, Li went to sleep early and also got up early, and as far as exercising is concerned, Li sat up straight with his eyes closed and hands in his lap, at times not moving at all for a few hours.

If that's true, that must've been a boring existence. I'd rather die young and have wonderful, spontaneous, adventurous experiences than live for nearly three centuries maintaining the same exact diet, same exact posture, and doing essentially the same exact things.

On topic: If his claim is true, I'd be interested in seeing the actual documents. If it's real, it should be hitting the MSM.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skepticesque

I know what you mean and many people may feel the same but I guess it depends on why you believe you are here and what your purpose is.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skepticesque

If that's true, that must've been a boring existence. I'd rather die young and have wonderful, spontaneous, adventurous experiences than live for nearly three centuries maintaining the same exact diet, same exact posture, and doing essentially the same exact things.

when he was 71 years old, he moved to Kai Xian to join the Chinese army as a teacher of the martial arts and as a tactical advisor.

Not too boring obviously. Sounds like he had some experience to offer, which had to come from somewhere. And who knows what else he might have done we don't know about.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I love stories like this! Thanks OP

I personnaly would love to life forever! It'd be awwwweeesooomeee

From all these stories of longivity, the common denominator is diet, I really really wish I had the money, resources, effort and knowledge to stick to a strict healthy regime, that said fact is, I lack all of these
hopefully in ten years time I can change that.....I AM IMMORTAL!!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Would be interesting if this was confirmed as true.... what an amazing lifespan?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yeah, that's too long. Pass. My own 30 years have been long. I can't fathom 200.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
beforeitsnews....just gotta be real then....when will people stop with this bull#

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

i have no doubt people are powerful enough to choose when they die. we all used to know this. as for his case. i dont know if i wanna live 256 years on herbs and rice. sounds like squirrel feed.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque

Originally posted by quedup

On topic: If his claim is true, I'd be interested in seeing the actual documents. If it's real, it should be hitting the MSM.

Hardly call outliving 23 wives boring. You know that whole variety is the spice of life thing?
Besides think of the good you could do for the world and the contributions you could make tot he wellness field. Hardly boring.

new topics

top topics

join