It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They Live" Revisited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This article from The Vigilant Citizen is about the 80s movie "They Live".
It's a fascinating read and smoothly illustrates why this movie is a cult classic among conspiracy minded folks.
vigilantcitizen.com...

Here are some of the key points to entice you to read the article (with pics) in its entirety.

there is a sense of impending doom in the air: Poverty is rampant, helicopters fly around the city and street preachers speak of soulless beings ruling the world.

For this movie to have been made approximately 30 years ago, it sure speaks volumes of truth about
today's circumstances.

The Average Joes who watch this pirated TV broadcast all get a massive headache – the raw truth is indeed too much for most people to bear.

Yep. Seen this demonstrated on ATS more times than I can count. *cough (skunk works) cough*

After witnessing the violent police shakedown, Nada begins to realize that something is wrong in America.

No surprise here.
We've all heard about such things happening for the past few years and watched some of the videos.

Nada also quickly understands the truth about money.

Aren't we all now learning this?

Upon discovering this truth, Nada became pissed off. REALLY pissed off.

I can certainly empathize. Can you?

Upon learning the shocking truth about the world, Nada feels the need to share this vital information with his friend Frank Armitage. Nada however quickly realizes some people do not want to hear about it. In fact, many actually get angry and offended at the simple mention of something that alludes to it.

I'm sure many of us have seen this happen more times than not, yet we continue trying to spread truth.

It takes a lot of effort on Nada’s part, but Frank finally sees the aliens controlling the world. The two pals are then invited to a secret meeting of the underground organization that is attempting to rid the earth from the aliens.

As I stated earlier, this is one of my favorite movies and it's wonderful to see it described and analyzed in such a profound manner. Please visit the link to enjoy reading the full article.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I loved that movie. I went to the theater to see it when it came out.

I don't need a special pair of sunglasses to know aliens are running the world. Just take a look at Obama and Bush. Damn...! Couldn’t someone make a special pair of sunglasses to make them look normal? I would definitely buy a pair if they came with some free earplugs to mute out all the bu$h!t coming out their mouths...!

edit on 20-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
They live was areally good movie, one of my favorites, I'll tell you one thing that movie has that is best in its class, it had one of the best fist fight scenes in all movie history between rowdy roddy piper and keith david.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Lol the fight scene took forever. Back alley wrasstlin' at its finest. Great movie though.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum"

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Oy.. I expected more from the Vigilant Citizen. I'll add a few cents to the pool/

First of all..lol, it is produced by John Carpenter. .. JC/Carpenter..? Any other JC's that you know of, that were carpenters? Julius Caesar? Jesus Christ? hehe.. doh!

The lenses Roddy finds are hidden (occult) in the back of the church, where the resistance meets behind the recorded hymns of a more docile bunch.. heh. The Resistance could be interpreted to be the hidden spiritual warriors anticipating the next moves of our common enemy. The Glasses 'clearly', pardon the pun, represent the Third Eye, pineal gland, which is opened usually after going through a spiritual process, said process hidden in the occult writings of esoterica.

The lead roles represent both sides of the individual, the self and the ego, where we see the famous battle (mirrored in South Park's 'Cripple Fight'), the inner battle to recognise the true nature of our reality.

It has been a while since the last I've seen it, so a more thorough analysis I'll not give at the moment. I believe I have covered some of the good stuff.

Merc
edit on 20-4-2012 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: classified

edit on 20-4-2012 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2012 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: not so classified, but still classified.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Afterthought, or Epimetheus, was the brother of Prometheus, Forethought - if you had ever wondered aimlessly about the tediums of our language. ;D

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Afterthought, or Epimetheus

Bravo! I like the way you think.

Just one of those movies that makes you ponder the upward spiral and, most importantly, the downward spiral.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
It has been a while since the last I've seen it

Me, too. I think it's about time to watch it again.

As an aside, another movie that's fun to analyze is "Shaun of the Dead".
It cracks me up when he ties his friend, who's now a zombie, to the tree like he's a pet because he can't kill him.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There was a youtube video that explained the movie as a metaphor for those who are aware of conspiracies around them. Let me see if I can find it...

Anyway, love this movie. The fight scene, although it is long, definitely represents resistance from loved ones when we attempt to explain that everything is not as it appears. Anyone who has done this can identify with this scene.

top topics

join