It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds accompanied by complete paralysis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hello my ATS brothers and sisters.
Im going to tell you about somthing that happened to me last night around 2-3am.

I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. It was alittle difficult due to many things on my mind. For about an hour at random intervals I would hear (in my head
) a static sound with the occasional sound of trying to tune in an old HAM radio. It was strange but I wasnt very concerned as it was brief an not very intrusive to my thought,. noticable none the less though.

Heres where it gets really strange.

The static sound became more persitant and alittle louder. So I decided to draw my focus away from my current thoughts and focus on this "tuning in" and static sound. The moment I did that, it "found the channel". I heard an extremely loud synthesizer/keyboard sound along with a very bass'y pulse that I felt though out my body. Just a few moments later I was overcome by complete body paralysis with the two sounds continuing. I was frightened but decided not to fight it for a few moments. About 30 seconds went by and I decided that I had, had enough. I fought and struggled to lift my head but it felt as if it weight 500 lbs. I was finally successful after a few more moments of trying my damnedest to lift my head.

I layed there with eyes wide open and my muscles were weak. My heart was pounding for about 5 minutes afterward and I couldnt catch my breath for a good 10 minutes. It had felt as if I just got done running a mini marathon.

Im at a loss for what this might be. Keep in mind that I am positive that I was still fully awake and concious, so please dont waste my time and yours by commenting that it was a dream. Now I have felt the full body "rush before afew times while attemping astral projection but neither time was accompanied by a 'keyboard' like sound and concious paralysis.

For an idea of what the sound was here is a clip. the sound that I heard is similar to the sound bite at the 23 sec mark to the 27sec mark. [for some reason the youtube vid wont embed, sorry]

SYN sound youtube link

So what do you guys think?
Have you ever experienced this or heard of why somthing like this might happen?

~Peace~

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
everyone is gonna tell you it's sleep paralysis.

very similar experience happened to me when I was 16...blew my mind. still have a tough time buying it was sleep paralysis....it was way weird.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This has happened to me a couple of times. The first freaked me out the most as the house seemed to be in a panic dogs barking, foster parents screaming, kids crying the whole nine yards the ones to follow have been calm. I have been told sleep paralysis by medical professionals. By open minded individuals I have been told it is an invitation to astral protect as if some one is calling you from the astral plane. I am still unsure which it is. I was told to accept invitations by relaxing and following the natural flow but it never seems natural to me perhaps if that is a method you choose you will have better luck to the answers.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I could understand if I was either already sleep or falling asleep but I was fully awake.
As well it wasnt brought on untill I focused my attention on the static sound and it turned into the keyboard sound.

Im open to it being sleep paralysis but I highly doubt it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've had a lot of similar experiences lately as well. Even during the day. Doctors tried telling me they were partial seizures, but Ive had about 7 pricey tests in the past month to determine what the cause was and they found nothing; even after wearing an EEG unit for 24 hrs. Never had any history of psych problems, no head trauma, nothing like that.

It's usually accompanied by a really strong feeling of deja vu.

If I could describe it better I would :/
edit on 4/20/2012 by ArrowsNV because: Added a bit

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
sounds to me like the onset of an out of body experience......

Happens to me 1 or twice a month...........just let it come and try not to get excited or startled.....

Its quite an interesting thing actually

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well I've astral projected sucessfully once when I was 14 by accident. When I realized what was going on I was rushed back to my body. Ever since I've tried UN sucessfully to have a full OBE. I've been close with the sound of rushing wind by my ears and the feeling of pulling from my body, but just not quite there. This time felt different because I was not actively tring to project, as I said my mind was on many other things and the sounds I was hearing were different than any other time I nearly projected.

I feel like I will be able to do it again because it felt as if what happened was a direct consequence of my focus. So if I can do it again, I will just let go and see where it takes me.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Found this info on the subject via wikipedia

Wiki: Sleep Paralysis

Many perceptions associated with sleep paralysis (visceral buzzing, excited mental state,[22] presences, and the paralysis itself) also constitute a common phase in the early progression of episodes referred to as out of body experiences.[23] Mental focus varies between the two conditions; paralysis sufferers tend to fixate on reestablishing operation of the body, whereas subjects of out-of-body episodes are more occupied by perceived non-equivalence with the body.

Many perceptions associated with sleep paralysis (visceral buzzing, excited mental state,[22] presences, and the paralysis itself) also constitute a common phase in the early progression of episodes referred to as out of body experiences.[23] Mental focus varies between the two conditions; paralysis sufferers tend to fixate on reestablishing operation of the body, whereas subjects of out-of-body episodes are more occupied by perceived non-equivalence with the body.

The first quote implies that I was just caught in the gray area between wake and sleep.
But the second qoute for wiki implies that these symptoms may be assosiated with an out of body expierence.

hmmmm......seeing as sleep paralysis comes with an OBE and the occurance happened due to my own focus I'm going to chalk it up to a near OBE. So needless to say I will be attemping this again tonight.

edit on 20-4-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Im open to it being sleep paralysis but I highly doubt it.

Could you have had a drink or some non prescribed pharmasuticals and had a Lucid dream this is a state where the brain is active while your asleep making a dream feel frightenly realistic being stressed can also cause this to happen so maybe it is that what happened
Also if you can realise when your having a Lucid dream you can take control some say it can even be used for practising your golf swing and such nonsense
But would you really do that if you had your own 3D cinema inside your skull

Cran

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Im going to tell you about somthing that happened to me last night around 2-3am.

I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. It was alittle difficult due to many things on my mind. For about an hour at random intervals I would hear (in my head
) a static sound with the occasional sound of trying to tune in an old HAM radio. It was strange but I wasnt very concerned as it was brief an not very intrusive to my thought,. noticable none the less though.

The static sound became more persitant and alittle louder. So I decided to draw my focus away from my current thoughts and focus on this "tuning in" and static sound. The moment I did that, it "found the channel". I heard an extremely loud synthesizer/keyboard sound along with a very bass'y pulse that I felt though out my body. Just a few moments later I was overcome by complete body paralysis with the two sounds continuing. I was frightened but decided not to fight it for a few moments. About 30 seconds went by and I decided that I had, had enough. I fought and struggled to lift my head but it felt as if it weight 500 lbs. I was finally successful after a few more moments of trying my damnedest to lift my head.

I layed there with eyes wide open and my muscles were weak. My heart was pounding for about 5 minutes afterward and I couldnt catch my breath for a good 10 minutes. It had felt as if I just got done running a mini marathon.

Im at a loss for what this might be. Keep in mind that I am positive that I was still fully awake and concious, so please dont waste my time and yours by commenting that it was a dream. Now I have felt the full body "rush before afew times while attemping astral projection but neither time was accompanied by a 'keyboard' like sound and concious paralysis.

For an idea of what the sound was here is a clip. the sound that I heard is similar to the sound bite at the 23 sec mark to the 27sec mark. [for some reason the youtube vid wont embed, sorry]

SYN sound youtube link

~Peace~

500 lb, eh? What size of brain you got there?

I happened to me too. Weird.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Do you have a mold problem around anyhwere?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Well, I dont indulge in any adult beverages during the work week and I defiently do not partake in any non prescribed pharma's.
I'm leaning toward it being the begining of an OBE as many of the symptoms match. Like I said, I'm nearly 100% positive I was not dreaming as I had my eyes open not 2 minutes before the event aswell as intermidtantly while hearing the 'static' sound.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well, maybe not that exact weight but I felt completly unmovable.

You say it has happened to you......have any details?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

SYN sound youtube link

~Peace~

What about it?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

SYN sound youtube link

~Peace~

You where about to have an Out of Body Experience, but you ruined it from fear,
Which is understandable, it is quite scary if you do not know whats happening.

If it happens again go with it, stay tuned, and your Etheric body will separate from your physical and you will be free to fly around doing as you wish.

steps-
1-body paralyzed
2- weird static electricity feelings
3- crashing high pitch sounds (can vary)
4- a weird tugging of gravity feeling (the scary bit)
5- the separation.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

Thank you for your input.

Like I said in a previous post, I've had a complete OBE but it was accidentally and over 15 years ago. So I guess I forgot what it felt like.
Maybe being alittle older now Im alittle more causious when it comes to new/strange occerances.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

SYN sound youtube link

~Peace~

Thanks for an interesting thread. Experiences like this need to be explored at a much more in-depth level. I don't believe you experienced "sleep paralysis." In fact, I don't even believe that sleep paralysis explains what happens to people that experience it's symptoms or especially yours. It's a crutch that debunkers use because they have NO idea what is going on.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Visiting ESB because: add stuff

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Thanks for an interesting thread. Experiences like this need to be explored at a much more in-depth level. I don't believe you experienced "sleep paralysis." In fact, I don't even believe that sleep paralysis explains what happens to people that experience it's symptoms or especially yours. It's a crutch that debunkers use because they have NO idea what is going on.

I feel the same way, especially seeing as I was the one that brought on the "paralysis" with my own focus. The part that I really cant understand is the sounds that I was hearing, and the pulses that I was feeling.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I feel the same way, especially seeing as I was the one that brought on the "paralysis" with my own focus. The part that I really cant understand is the sounds that I was hearing, and the pulses that I was feeling.

After reading all of the above my impression is that you've simply controlled your own "state of mind". Especially the "focus" part. Being a dreamer, and also a hobby-welder (the focus aspect) and doing lucent-dreaming since the mid 1990s, my impression is that however you focused on whatever you focused on amplified a sound-pattern in your head... and a similar think with the "sleep paralysis". There's a lot of things you CAN do with that sort of focus. Things like pain amplification or tolerance, and like amplifying/diminishing/replacing feelings, and even figuring out technical things (a favorite of mine).

Thus your notions of duplication and duplication with variation seem your best bet in learning what's been opened up for you in your own head. Also, you could try a tinfoil hat in case you're getting radiated via your cell phone on the night stand, etc. (partly serious but intention to be funny too).

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

Haha, its kinda funny that you mention the tin-foil hat because when I told the guyus at work today about it they just laughed and said I was crazy. It was an hour later and a tin-foil hardhat was sitting in my office. I gave alittle chuckle because I know to certain people these events sound completly luney. But for me its just another day in the neighborhood.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join