It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

- New Solar System Simulator - Pretty Cool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This has potential. I like it. All we need is a Mac OS X version.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
And this, but again Mac OS X version is missing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

That is interesting, but the scale is off. That bright lil ball of gas in the center, is not smaller than Jupiter and Saturn.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

That is interesting, but the scale is off. That bright lil ball of gas in the center, is not smaller than Jupiter and Saturn.

You can change the scale easily.

The guy making the program is from British Columbia, Canada.

So far so good.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ive been enjoying another program called The Universe Sand box for a few months now. It was on sale for about $2 at Christmas time though Steam. It contains our local universe + 1000 of the nearest stars. Not only that it lets you make changes to the universe, add planets smash meteors into planets and even make your own universes.

You can even collide entire galaxies

edit on 20-4-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That's so cool Eurisko!
Thanks for that!
You are a great ATSer,
You always bring thoughtful info.
(except in politics, I always disagree with you,haha)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
That's so cool Eurisko!
Thanks for that!
You are a great ATSer,
You always bring thoughtful info.
(except in politics, I always disagree with you,haha)

Science is universal.

Our destiny is the stars.

Here is the guy who wrote the program.
- Chris Albeluhn -

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

"fascinating".......but, note that it is not "to scale".

Secondly......please also note (for all) that when viewed from "above".....meaning, from arbitrary "north", as we deem it to be, based on our own planet.....not only the Earth, but ALL of the rest of the Solar System moves 'counter-clockwise' (or, 'anti-clockwise' as some call it).

Yes, a few of the planets have been "altered" over the roughly 4 or 5 BILLION years.....Venus, and Uranus, specifically.....but, this is likely due to cataclysmic past events....LONG before we, "Humans" appeared on the "scene".

But, keeping all of the preceding in mind......fun video........

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

"fascinating".......but, note that it is not "to scale".

Secondly......please also note (for all) that when viewed from "above".....meaning, from arbitrary "north", as we deem it to be, based on our own planet.....not only the Earth, but ALL of the rest of the Solar System moves 'counter-clockwise' (or, 'anti-clockwise' as some call it).

Yes, a few of the planets have been "altered" over the roughly 4 or 5 BILLION years.....Venus, and Uranus, specifically.....but, this is likely due to cataclysmic past events....LONG before we, "Humans" appeared on the "scene".

But, keeping all of the preceding in mind......fun video........

Yes, it needs some work but it's a great start.

I like the 4D view of the Earth.

Children using this Solar System Simulator will actually enjoy using it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If you guys had actually watched the whole video you would've seen that it's scaleable (spelling?). The huge planets is just to have a good view of it. I'll definitely buy this once it's released.

Also, to the poster mentioning Universe Sandbox. I've been a fan of it for a few years now. 4th quarter of 2012 they will release 3.0 which looks much, much better.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
ok, ok .... you guys make me feel so old-school now, when I simulate our solar system with cross-compiled FORTRAN that I wrote in the 80's...... sheez, lol.......

that said, I trust my own code more than some code with beautiful graphics (for the most part, as I always know the bugs in my own code, lol )

join