It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorcycle Gang Trademarks Logo to Prevent Undercover Infiltration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ericthenewbie the Hells Angels have the patent to that particular way its designed but altering it will prevent infringement violations because it's not the same only a variation of their skull look at a lot of the motorcycle clubs majority of them use some variation of the skull as a motorcycle enthusiast and a member of the legal side of this world I did a lot of research to ensure I didn't come close to another MC's insignia. Kurt Sutter ran into this issue when having the patch Designed for the S.O.A. but as far as this preventing the feds from infiltrating the club I don't see it happening. The feds know how this world work and that you have to prove yourself to the club and this goes for both the 1%ers and the 99%ers alike.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NuclearPaul

That's what I don't get either.

A group of 20, and you just fabricate your own patch and walk in? And nobody apparently notices you're new?

Not possible very small community 1%ers know who other 1%ers are.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If a Hells Angel shows up at another Hells Angels club house patched and no one know him they are going to ask what his home clubhouse is.
Someone will make a phone call and a email photo will soon follow.

If the person is found not to be a member at the least he will find himself in a ditch very badly beaten and his patch missing..
the worse no one will ever see him again.

And yes Hells Angels members do know how to use computers and the internet.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hmm, never heard of LE infiltrating outlaw motorcycle clubs via wearing fake colours..they know who's who.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I wonder if they'll add some RFID tags to their patches too....
Imagine riding through a club function and being secretly logged by the club leaders for whatever purpose, or having a patch that doesn't register as the club leader walks by with his cell phone and a Near Field Communications app running.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time if they haven't done so already.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The mob routinely does things to help them avoid prosecution for breaking laws, and no one does it better than they do. They should open up a mafia school. Well, they actually do give training to our politicians, but they don't really publicize it much.

Maybe these motorcycle gangs are getting the idea finally.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This has been going on for some time with the big clubs. Especially HA.
I read a couple of years ago how they sued some fashion house for copyright infringement because the handles on a handbag looked too similar to the flying skull. (they won, too as I remember).

I can't see how it would stop infiltration, as one of the other posters said, if you fetch up somewhere in a patch, someone will either know the charter you are pretending to be from or at least be able to contact them for background and check you out.

The only way t stop infiltration is to stop the mind set that accelerates the patch process for people who bring money to a club (Either through drug deals, manufacture or distribution). If a couple of club officers want to make a few quid this way they will push through a new guy and give him an easy ride to get his patch quick on the understanding they'll get some of the business. This is pretty much the standard tactic for LEO's to infiltrate a club.

Go back to gauging a guy by his riding and how he carries himself generally, make his probation a real one and you'll find it much more difficult to infiltrate a club.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yeah this would not stop infiltration. Trademarks allow you to sue people who use your trademarked item in commerce. So for example if you dressed up as one these bilkers to sell something or you were selling items using there patches you could be sued. UPS has trademarked its uniform but, that would not stop and undercover cop from wearing it.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Yeah this would not stop infiltration. Trademarks allow you to sue people who use your trademarked item in commerce. So for example if you dressed up as one these bilkers to sell something or you were selling items using there patches you could be sued. UPS has trademarked its uniform but, that would not stop and undercover cop from wearing it.

If you wear a patch you aren't entitled to, getting sued would be the least of your worries.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: MrSpad

If you wear a patch you aren't entitled to, getting sued would be the least of your worries.

If your an undercover cop in a bike gang wearing the patches is the least of your offenses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join