It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ISP will defend users from government spying

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
JUMPTO are the same as all the rest. This is a quote from their 'privacy policy' . 'JUMPTO reserves the right to access and/or disclose personal information where required to comply with applicable laws or lawful government requests or, in our reasonable opinion, to operate our website properly and securely, or to protect JUMPTO or other visitors to this website' They will be just as happy to give away your personal info as all the other 'private and secure' suppliers.

Sadly access to the internet needs to be policed in some way because of paedophiles and criminals causing issues for everyone else - child abuse and murder, 419 type scams, id theft, ddos attacks, widespread piracy, etc. On the other hand I am a strong believer in privacy and the right to do what you want provided it's legal and doesn't hurt anyone else. Being constantly monitored because you might possibly, maybe, perhaps at some point in the future do something illegal is completely wrong. So what's the answer? I don't know but this new ISP idea isn't it.

I know a cure for paedophiles, when you catch, prosecute and convict them instead of a nice prison sentence in the protected wing of the prison with access to support groups, mental help and all the other pampering SH1TE that doesn't work - once convicted, removed from court to prison cell, 1 x 9mm bullet to the back of the head - problem solved! One less sick, twisted, lying, pathetic, bullying, sub human scum kiddy f%$&er in the world!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

In all honesty, I think this is a bad idea. I mean how many criminals, pedophiles etc are going to be connected through this provider? I'm against the government wanting every little bit of information but somewhere the line has to be drawn and it's painfully obvious this is just going to let people get away with bad things. I know there are already other ways to protect your virtual identity and that the government can also use other methods to catch criminals but this is too far in my opinion.

Although he would have to put up a hell of a fight to get away with not handing over the information in the first place.

Oh my god bad people might get away with doing some bad things so lets give up our rights to privacy so we can catch 1% of them.... Sigh!

You realize you are repeating mainstream brain washing that is used for trampling rights every time right? I got news for you pedophiles and others already have elaborate encryption etc that can avoid detection so its about time someone focused on protecting rights of honest people instead of worrying about some damn criminal getting away with something.

edit on 19-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Great Idea...Noble And Patriotic Gesture...Ain't Gonna Happen...Big Brudda Is Beyond Taking No For An Answer, And Honestly, I Think This Guy Knows That...So...Whats Really Up With This. I'm Thinking False Security...He Is In Bed With Big Brudda...Its A Twick All You Wabbits!!!reply to post by Wide-Eyes

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Has not passed yet, but not off the table either.

CNET

Internet providers would be forced to keep logs of their customers' activities for one year--in case police want to review them in the future--under legislation that a U.S. House of Representatives committee approved today. The 19 to 10 vote represents a victory for conservative Republicans, who made data retention their first major technology initiative after last fall's elections, and the Justice Department officials who have quietly lobbied for the sweeping new requirements, a development first reported by CNET.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What about proxy addresses, they haven't made that illegal have they??

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
As long as legitimate businesses operate under government lisc, rules, tax bases etc...there will be no way to keep them out.

That amounts to operating an illegal business minus any regulation, taxation or controls. And all that is the basis for operating companies.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox7
Great Idea...Noble And Patriotic Gesture...Ain't Gonna Happen...Big Brudda Is Beyond Taking No For An Answer, And Honestly, I Think This Guy Knows That...So...Whats Really Up With This. I'm Thinking False Security...He Is In Bed With Big Brudda...Its A Twick All You Wabbits!!!reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Surely you're not implying that I'm in bed with BigBrudda?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join