It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bubble/Sphere Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I`ve had this theory for awhile thats about how we interact with our reality and what it really is. Im going to try and explain it the best way i can as i think text is not a very good way to communicate, plus i move my hands around alot when i talk for some reason and it helps me think.

I propose that like the multiple universe theory that their are many different universes, billions actually and they can come and go as instantly as death or birth. Instead of these universes being in different dimensions each one resides within each of us.

For example if we were to be standing inside a room say 20 different people, there would be 20 different PARALLEL universes in that room clustered together. Held together by the gravity of which would be the reason the 20 ppl would be standing in the room. They each sense everything very very similar but its slightly different for each individual. Like maybe a certain smell makes one feel a certain way but not the others, something one person sees might make them remember something in their history but the others do not. Confused? Im not

So say each of us are in our own little sphere of existance dropped into a much larger sphere that would be lets say a city, which is in turn part of another, and another and so on and so forth. In ways like a planet would be to a galatic cluster of millions of galaxies. The planet while absolutely significant and important to its self and maybe those closest to it, has absolutely NO significance to the galatic cluster.

Another example would be, lets say YOU the reader and I the thread author are sitting at a table in a restruant/cafe/pub/bar etc. The table has nothing on it except lets say a ashtray. Now as we are sitting in a parallel universe(establishment) we each experience with our senses this ashtray differently through our own universes. Maybe the colour of it reminds me of an event while the shape makes you think of something else and therein lies the line between our individual universes.

Im going to sit here awhile and try to think of better ways to put it but i`ll throw this out there now and maybe some ideas will bounce back. Im new to alot of this metaphysics so you will have to forgive me if this has already been out there somewhere. Im sure the word multiverse would have been a better word to use somewhere up there. I was also educated in American Public School system within the last 10 years so its only by the grace of God i can wipe myself

edit on 17-4-2012 by StratosFear because: had to add that last sentance.

edit on 17-4-2012 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Interesting perspective. Many years ago a friend and I were discussing astrophysics over a quantity of beers. We had both read Stephen Hawking's book "A Brief History of Time" and how we both understood most of the concepts because he used visual aides to describe them. I know that book is more like "Astrophysics for Dummies."

After much discussion about the speed of light and the big bang, etc., we came to some conclusions. One of them was that the "center" of the universe is unique to everyone - it is centered on the individual. I wish I could remember how we reached that conclusion. Another thing we decided was that if there is a big bang/big crunch cycle, the big bang and big crunch are actually the same event. I do recall being freaked out by our conclusions.

edit on 17-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So essentially your saying that we are all unique to our own universe which overlaps other universes which in turn allows us to interact with each other and our surroundings, all of which are in their respective universes.

It's an interesting premise! Each person feels the centre of their universe anyway. We are at the mercy of the information fed to us from our 5 senses. Your theory seems like an extension of the fact we are essentially all a brain in a jar experiencing reality. I don't think there's much to prove otherwise.
edit on 17/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

A Brief History of Time. I`ll definatly add that to my list of books to read. I know what you mean about remembering conclusions, i had a little recorder i found but i never did remember to use it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Yes exactly! Being unique to our own universe i also believe we have the ability to manipulate it as we see fit, maybe in ways that are long forgotten or are not yet learned. Telekenesis for example.

Brain in a jar is a scenario i hope is not true, but then there is the excitement of finding out how we got there. I`d want to know who put us into the jars, who created the creator`s creator kind of thing.
edit on 17-4-2012 by StratosFear because: reply to the edit

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Quantum mechanics suggests consciousness may have a part to play in creating reality. If this is the case then your theory of manipulation may not be too out there.

It's the old saying. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Interesting blog post I found: quantumtantra.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I used to think of things exactly like what was said in that article when i was a kid to the effect of Does something really exist unless its perceived through the senses. I remember it clear as day, when i would watch tv i used to think of something behind the TV ,maybe a picture on a wall that was blocked from sight, and i would think i remember that the picture was there but i cant SEE it at this moment so is it really there. If this is what Quantum Physics is about i`ve been missing out, i love this kind of stuff.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Problem is it will be a long time before science accepts consciousness as a driving force for reality. They may have to one day but for now the philosophical nature of the argument puts science off.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Who needs science then

But seriously we shouldn`t have to wait for mainstream science to tell us about what is. If there was not those people who pushed the boundaries we`d still believe the earth was flat.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
Your theory seems like an extension of the fact we are essentially all a brain in a jar experiencing reality.

That was a Star Trek episode. But I think the bubble theory here goes a step further, into "Life is bout a dream", and as though within our dreams we have a sort of shared-dream-scape, like we do here on-line in a virtual world.

top topics

join