It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Above Top Secret" is the feature article on Uncyclopedia right now and all day tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
"Above Top Secret" is the feature article on Uncyclopedia's main page right nowl, and all day tomorrow.

[uncyclopedia.wikia.com... Here's a link to the main page.] I hope people here like it, and even though it takes a few satirical pokes it also has a long list of threads I enjoy here so readers can link over to them.

I had a thread on the article when it was first written and ready to be read, and now, it's featured! By a conspiratorial coincidence my thread on Vitamin C stared me in the face when I logged on just now, saying it was the "Hottest Topic Right Now". A nice double-twisty back flip. Thanks.

(and in case you are reading this after the article was already featured and gone, here is the link [uncyclopedia.wikia.com... to the "Above Top Secret" page itself.])
edit on 16-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Nice,.. I like the end of it.

The bottom line And these are the bottom lines unless you can find the secret bottom line: on its way to denying ignorance, Above Top Secret blasts you to the moon (unlike those faked moon landings brought to you by Stanley Kubrick and E. Howard Hunt) and sends you back either with more knowledge of your world and others like it or with more backlit trauma than your brain can soak up in one visit. Ignorance has its place, but certainly not at ATS (unless you're their advertising manager).

Some of those floating ads are seriously obnoxious!
edit on 16-4-2012 by JizzyMcButter because: ads

edit on 16-4-2012 by JizzyMcButter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

ATS is a site occupied by inmates of mental hospitals and/or security agencies monitoring the populace to see where the crazy will go next.

HAHAHAHAHA! OMG! That is too awesome. one word... wow.

The not-so-smart people who troll ATS give it a go anyway, and come away with some friendly advice: STFU! Hello, Girls? Girls who long for emotional fulfillment? Here's your chance to pick up an intellectually liberated, probably obese and/or dehydrated layabout, who can type, do research, formulate exotic theories, and make the best chip dip that a little money can buy.

EPIC! Who ever wrote this piece deserves a high five. I know, I know... it pokes fun at ATS, but what's wrong with a little bit of humor. Gotta love the friendly advice part... 'STFU!'

One problem I do have however, is the reference towards pop up advertising...
It may be some pop-up blocker I have or something, or that I use firefox... but I have not seen a single example of this. In fact, I'd have to say that ATS is one of the best sites, in regards to the least amount of advertising. What is the author of this article talking about?

BTW, I am intellectually liberated, obese and dehydrated, laying about on my couch... I can type, do research, form some of the most exotic theories imaginable, my chip dip consists of 4 slices of cheese, splash of half and half and some garlic salt all then melted in the microwave... and yes ladies I am single!
edit on 16-4-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: clarification

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JizzyMcButter

(I don't think we should talk about the ads on this thread, please. That breaks several of the laws here if I'm not mistaken.)

Thank you, I'm glad people like it. The main purpose I wrote the page is to share some of the threads here with readers and users there. Like a one-day sister-city arrangement.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

So...you wrote this article...made an earlier thread on ATS linking to it to get hits so it becomes a featured article...then you create a thread to pimp your featured article.

Masterful pimping...but the article isn't too flatering of ATS...wonder what the owners will think???

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I enjoyed the hell out of that article! If you wrote it, you made me laugh my ass off.

I kind of got sidetracked over there too... I enjoyed several other articles while I was there.

Thank you! You have linked me to another favorite site.

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Sigh. No, I put up the threads to let people know that the article existed. It was featured by regular users of uncyclopedia, not anyone from here coming there to vote. And I did not "pimp" it here to get votes there, I wrote it, talked about it, and put this thread up so the ATS articles linked in the article will be seen by more people. I happen to like the articles I listed, and have a tendency to share data. Being active at uncyclopedia since October of '009 I didn't come here to grab flags and stars and geese, just to share data and maybe meet a few good people online. Please take this for what it is and not imagine hidden motives. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. It's sad that you are now assless, but it's the price we pay. The really good stuff there is usually featured, but if you hit random pages in the nonfeatured section you will find very bad writing and things that don't even go bump in the night but kind of slop along back and forth avoiding bumps, and you slip on them when you wake up in the morning.

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I believe I may have voted for this as a feature, and I'm a member here. (True, it's because you whored out ATS at Uncyc, and vice versa. Masterful whoring. And let's not mention who fixed up your formatting there. Again.)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

ATS has all that features?
Crap man i been here like years, all i know is the new thread and reply buttons... there's more?

learn something new every 6 and a half months I tell ya!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Very entertaining!

I love the picture/caption at the bottom of the page.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Thank you. All compliments gratefully accepted. That pic was one of the late additions (if you're talking about the Marilyn Monroe-Sammy Davis Jr. pic) and a fun one.

join