It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW DHS Immigration Vehicles..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Holy moley. Are they expecting to run into IEDs and landmines in mainland USA? Because thats what those bad boys are meant to protect against. What's wrong with Humvees?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'll freely admit that mine/IED resistant vehicles seem like just a bit of overkill...on the other hand, given the degenerating state of the border regions, I can understand why the men and women who patrol said border might want something a bit better protected than your typical SUV or pickup. I don't know if this is a 'conspiracy', or simple over-reaction..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Surely,if the situation with immigration at the Mexico US border is such an issue, that vehicles like these are required, why are federal institutions still in control of the situation? If there are genuine concerns in the border areas, that are equal to a response that involves such vehicles, then it ought to be the US military that controls the borders, since obviously the feds are incapbable ( or complicit) in terms of the level of drugs and people smuggled across the border.

There is no justification for a non military organisation having access to APC vehicles of any level, be they troop carriers or bomb proof small unit vehicles like these, aside from SWAT groups and so on, who's only jobs are the ones considered too damned dangerous for less well armed and armoured organisations to deal with.

If the DHS require this level of armour support in thier day to day jobs, then they ought to be relagated to a purely administrative role, and thier in field operations carried out by military personel, in vehicles ALREADY owned by the military. That way at least everyone knows where they stand, and millions of dollars do not get spent on vehicles that are already owned by other departments. This is madness, and the border aint Sparta.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As cool as it is It still sucks gas like a two dollar lady of the night.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Maybe you want to look into the ways these pacifist immigrants from the south try to kill patrol agents. Drug smuggling is a big money maker.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

maybe you want to look back at all the responses, and at my post to see how many agree with me. if someone likes what you said, you will get a star. im waiting.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

yeah actually the mexicans are quite heavily armed you ignorant moron

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The DHS must be "put out of business" before this thing goes any further. The people who run it are Mega Maniacs and the people who work under them have been "Brainwashed" into believing they're doing"GOD'S WORK" We have an UN-MANDATED army of "Blue Shirts" (as opposed to Brown Shirts circa 1934) DHS has bastardized our Constitutional Rights and have now become no more than Terrorists themselves. DHS was to be basically a "Security Company" run by the government now, DHS is now morphing into a Paramilitary wing of the Executive Branch of our goverment...run by Obama and Joe Biden. When I think about things like this I remember lyrics from a song..."Cryin won't help you and Prayin won't do you no good" It's like there's not enough
going wrong around the World, our greatest enemy is the one that is going to "protect us to death."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join