It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Atheism is wrong and immoral!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by ninjas4321

The premise of your thread is flawed....

And so is your opening statement...

All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals

that is the most illogical statement i've heard... today..

But alas, the day is still young...

not illogical just plain ignant
he's confused evolution with the oligarchical principal and eugenics lol

as for Nietzsche the man lived his life in constant chronic pain
yet was a true philosopher who practiced what he preached till his death
the insanity was actually a breakdown following romantic problems

he did not commit suicide

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
looks like the OP got lost at the pearly gates...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
All atheists believe in evolution,

you lost me there

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

not illogical just plain ignant

I would say both actually...

Maybe you should read that opening statement again...

Assuming there is a lack of "morality" because a person believes in evolution is illogical, and ridiculous...

Heres another mindbender....

Athiests don't believe in God, therefore killing an atheist is moral...

I should slap myself just for typing that...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.

-Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)

The Bible says atheism is wrong, and the Bible is always right (see: Genesis 1:1, Psalms 14:1, Psalms 19:1, Romans 1:19-20)

-Some famous atheists have shown they occasionally have doubts about their disbelief, which proves that all atheists really do believe in God. Of course, no Christian has ever doubted the existence of God.

-Everybody who has ever been in the army will tell you that there are no atheists in foxholes. That is, once they are in danger of death, the atheist will strip himself of his irrational disbelief in God, and come to admit he believed in God all along. Only liberal slimebags like MSNBC report otherwise.

-Communism, which is inherently evil, is founded by atheism, and all atheists are probably secret communists.

-Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical.

-Everything in the universe shows obvious and undeniable signs that it was created by a mind far superior to our own.

-a lot of mass murderers were atheists, and all atheists, having no morality to guide them, are only a bad day away from going on a genocide spree. There have no exactly zero cases on Christian mass murderers throughout all of history.

-no atheists contribute to charitable causes, and all Christians do. This is because of atheist's beliefs in Darwinism.

atheists don't believe in miracles, although many Christian philosophers disagree.

-atheism cannot explain the origins of the universe, therefore God exists.

-Atheists have more mental and physical health problems than Christians. This is attributed to theists having something more to life for. Therefore, God exists.

-Friedrich Nietzsche went crazy and was an atheist, therefore atheism drove him insane (although there is an ongoing debate on the matter...)

-Countries with large numbers of atheists have higher suicide rates, therefore atheism makes you want to kill yourself. Of course they would take the easy way out, not realizing like normal people that God sends suicide cases to hell. Also, developed nations also tend to have higher rates of both atheism and suicide, so we must conclude that technology and wealth are evil.

-Sigmund Freud said religious belief was unhealthy, but many doctors think Freud is wrong, therefore atheism is evil.
-many famous atheists tell lies, therefore atheists are deceptive.

Why does someone who doesn't believe in a God have to be immoral? I don't believe in god but don't kill people, steal, rape, cheat on my wife or anything else bad.

Am I perfect? No, but show me a christian who is.
So by your logic if you are not an atheist then you are automatically moral? That's a joke because I know a lot of "christian" people who are no more moral than I am and most are worse!

I shift the burden of proof upon nobody because you can't prove something exists if it doesn't, It's impossible.

The bible says god exists so it must be true..... That's YOUR viewpoint because you believe in it. I don't so the bible is irrelevant and doesn't prove anything. Even if there was a God the bible was still written by man and is therefore fallible.

I can think of the existence of unicorns and pink elephants but that doesn't mean they exist........

I give to charities all the time and........

This is getting retarded, I tried to debate you on your points but it is just getting to stupid.
Your claims are ignorant and unfounded. You just spout a bunch of crap and say it's true.

People are free to beliebe what they want and I don't begrudge them their beliefs at all. What is wrong is when they try to push their beliefs on othetr and say that person is stupid for not believing.

Just remember.......

God is an imaginary friend for grown-ups

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I do NOT speak for or against any faith. My point is just to point out the circular logic of the data presented.

All atheists believe in evolution, which means they don't believe in morality and think we should all act like animals.

I may have misinterpreted but using your logic ain't those "missing" traits what God put upon man as punishment for serving from the forbidden fruit?

-Atheists try to shift the burden of proof unfairly upon theists (ie, atheists make the wild and unprovable claim that God does not exist, and then unfairly expect us Christians to prove that He DOES exist)

vice versa

The Bible says atheism is wrong, and the Bible is always right (see: Genesis 1:1, Psalms 14:1, Psalms 19:1, Romans 1:19-20)

Atheism and numerous other religions says the Bible is wrong

-Some famous atheists have shown they occasionally have doubts about their disbelief, which proves that all atheists really do believe in God. Of course, no Christian has ever doubted the existence of God.

-many famous atheists tell lies, therefore atheists are deceptive

-Sigmund Freud said religious belief was unhealthy, but many doctors think Freud is wrong, therefore atheism is evil.

Some/Many != All

-Everybody who has ever been in the army will tell you that there are no atheists in foxholes. That is, once they are in danger of death, the atheist will strip himself of his irrational disbelief in God, and come to admit he believed in God all along. Only liberal slimebags like MSNBC report otherwise.

Humans who get Hypothermia will also tell you they are burning hot.

-Because we can think of the existence of God, God must obviously exists, and therefore atheists are illogical.

Because we can think of the nonexistence of God, God can obviously not exists, and therefore theists are illogical.

-Everything in the universe shows obvious and undeniable signs that it was created by a mind far superior to our own.

One could agree within the boundaries of planet Terra but since we have no conclusive theory of everything or anything of the sorts this topic will still be open for discussion for probably some time to come. Then again, if correct, why only one mind?

-Communism, which is inherently evil, is founded by atheism, and all atheists are probably secret communists.

-a lot of mass murderers were atheists, and all atheists, having no morality to guide them, are only a bad day away from going on a genocide spree. There have no exactly zero cases on Christian mass murderers throughout all of history.

This is what we call vague data presentation. One can primarily not prove a fact based upon statistics where occurrence can only be one-sided.

-no atheists contribute to charitable causes, and all Christians do. This is because of atheist's beliefs in Darwinism.

I would respectfully disagree based upon the fact that the atheistic belief concludes that one must give to get. I base this on the missing miracle concept you reference here:

atheists don't believe in miracles, although many Christian philosophers disagree.

Theism can not explain the origins of God, therefore don't exist.

-Atheists have more mental and physical health problems than Christians. This is attributed to theists having something more to life for. Therefore, God exists.

I could agree in a sense. Difference in numbers of Christians and Not who live a "non-clean" life (enjoy life, alcoholic beverages etc.) would distort these numbers.

-Friedrich Nietzsche went crazy and was an atheist, therefore atheism drove him insane (although there is an ongoing debate on the matter...)

Everybody had history in school so i'm not gonna start listing. But this clearly goes both ways.

-Countries with large numbers of atheists have higher suicide rates, therefore atheism makes you want to kill yourself. Of course they would take the easy way out, not realizing like normal people that God sends suicide cases to hell. Also, developed nations also tend to have higher rates of both atheism and suicide, so we must conclude that technology and wealth are evil.

Actually somewhat correct but with a big flaw as you include all religions

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

We ARE animals tough. However, morality has absolutely nothing to do with being an "animal" nor evolution. But hey you are perfectly entitled to be absolutely WRONG. FYI if we were slugs with a brain we could still be immoral or moral, can you work out why ?

Jaw dropper. Erm surely if he exists the evidence would be there for all to see? Which quite clearly it does NOT because of all the religious people who do NOT believe in God.......tricky philosophical point for the Christians, Jews and Muslims. Who all believe (quite ironically) in the same God.

The bible is only always right if you are a christian or a Jew (first half of the bible). This is what thinking people call a self fulfilling prophecy.

Wow, desperate stuff. Please read a dictionary there you will found two terms :- Atheist and Agnostic.

Please read the dictionary again!

Aha, you are US citizen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nuff said. Ra, Ra Ra. Damn commies..... That's sarcasm by the way

Fear makes people believe in God. You are afraid of death. Guess what when we die that is it end of story bye bye no more. Deal with it. Live life to the full and make sure you try your best to help your fellow man instead of wallowing in religious self pity.

Superior to yours not mine.

Even more killed people due to God telling them to do it. No mass murder in the name of Christianity.....OK true if you state that Catholicism is not Christian. OK true if you state that Protestantism is not Christian........hang on that means. Own Goal, Well done.

Funny I could have sworn blind I send money to Oxfam, NSPCC, WWF, Greenpeace to name a few and my income is BELOW average. Unlike the "millionaire christians".

Eh?

Science can't explain lots of things but it will. In the meantime the pathetic need to call upon a mythical creature to explain a lack of knowledge is very simply ignorant.

Oops run out of quote space. Tough looks like you have won the rest of the argument because GOD (acronym for ATS) prevents me from fully quoting

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

You and every other unbeliever will be eating those words in the near future,

Mark my words.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by jeantherapy

You and every other unbeliever will be eating those words in the near future,

Mark my words.

That sounds like a threat!

Iz you plannin' a diabolical plan?

And don't tell me your imaginary friend is going to do something to us at some future date, That line is just getting sooooo old...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

No set dates, but every prophecy and scripture is pointing to a time frame between 2012 - 2028, and there's going to be tribulation,

The world's going to hell in a hand basket,

Literally,

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

-many famous atheists tell lies, therefore atheists are deceptive.

you guys seroisy havent figured out that this is just a troll thread?
edit on 16-4-2012 by ninjas4321 because: just because

I wish to say that not all Atheist are immoral; it is like saying all Muslims are terrorists or all fingers are thumbs.
There is still a lot of Atheist that understand and support religion, even if its not their way. I know, i am one.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Words like this is what turns me off to the followers of organized religion. If there is a god I would hope he would not be so petty as to turn his back on those who call him by the wrong name, worship on the wrong day, were not born one of the chosen people the list goes on and one. Doesn't sound like heaven/paradise it sounds more like one of those exclusive clubs with a bouncer and a velvet rope. I have been to those clubs they are full of pretentious jerks.
These types of comments apply very human traits and characteristics to god. If there is a god i would hope he wouldn't be that petty and mean spirited. I guess it is true man made god in his own image. Yours is very apparent my friend.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Your hearts hard to Him right now and you keep ignoring His messages,

I have seen so much garbage being posted here recently,

I don't care anymore whether people believe or not,

And this topic isn't open for discussion with me,

It's a matter of reality and what's going on,

And what's not real and people believe is the truth (that God YHVH Christ is some sorta joke),

The LORD is no joke,

And a world that has taken Him to be some kind of joke,

Will face judgement in the future (coming months and years)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

This is the worst freeform poetry I've ever seen. And I was on the editorial staff at my University's literary mag.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by IrVulture

No set dates, but every prophecy and scripture is pointing to a time frame between 2012 - 2028, and there's going to be tribulation,

The world's going to hell in a hand basket,

Literally,

You kooks have been prophesying the end of the world for thousands of years, with the cups always just around the bend. You are wrong just as your forebears were wrong. I hope you make it till 2030 so we can all watch your god disappoint you.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

For someone who was on the editorial staff of a University, your threads and posts sure don't express any exemplary writing skills.

Your worldly education and worldly knowledge does not impress me.

From 1 Corinthians:

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Amen

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

it's just a phase... they'll grow out of it,

hopefully!

or they will make Dawkins a wealthy man?

Dawkins come to America

did ya buy the book?

edit on 16-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The last thing my heart is, is hard. I am not afraid of the end even if it's only the end of my life. If there is a god I believe he would be pretty o.k. with me and how I have led my life. I know you feel obligated to try and "save" others but shouldn't their being saved be between them and god? If you do believe in the power of god have a bit more faith and trust he can do his job without outside help. If this is the end my friend your present state is a terrible way to spend the last days on this beautiful planet with so many different and interesting people.I wish you peace and a happy heart.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
let me introduce this thread to a truly influential mind and a well spoken human being to boot...

his most influential influence happens to be Isaac Newton!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join