It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Till i make your enemies your footstool. Jerusalem the footstool of Christ...the One True God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The idea for this thread literally fell onto my lap while reading the Book of Daniel.

In Matthew 22 Yeshua us making a point to the pharisees and they fail the lesson. Here is what he asks them in Matthre 22.

Mattew 22: 41-46 41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?”

They said to Him, “The Son of David.”

43 He said to them, “How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord,’ saying:

44 ‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”’?

45 If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?” 46 And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor from that day on did anyone dare question Him anymore.

Who are Yeshua's enemies? Who sought to murder him? Who sought to deny him? Who did not believe him? He stays in heaven until his enemies are made his footstool. Who parks their Dome on his mountain? Who divides up his lands? What is the footstool of God? Who does not believe he is who he claimed to be?

The Temple in Jerusalem or Holy Temple (Hebrew: Hebrew: בֵּית־הַמִּקְדָּשׁ‎, Modern: Beyt HaMikdash, Tiberian: Bēṯ HamMiqdāš, Ashkenazi: Beis HaMikdosh) was one of a series of structures which were historically located on the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem, the current site of the Dome of the Rock. Historically, these successive temples stood at this location and functioned as the centre of ancient Israelite and later Jewish worship. According to classical Jewish belief, the Temple acted as the figurative "footstool" of God's presence and a Third Temple will be built there in the future

Source

It is possible that Jerusalem could be the Abomination of Desolation. The sign of the Son of Man in heaven was given when Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed, signifying that he was reigning from heaven on his throne in his Kingdom. The reconstruction of Jerusalem was a returning to the "old ways", the jews went back to "Egypt" and chose "Babylon" over him by denying his second covenant with Israel. They chose the Old Jerusalem over the New Jerusalem. The muslim have their part to play, for it will be they who he uses to bring Israel back under him for the sake of rebuilding the 12 tribes of Jacob. The Tribulation/Great Tribulation will be the fire they are tempered in. They refused the Water and so they must face the Fire. The enemies he will make his foostool will be the orthodox jews and other non believers who rejected him.

It is possible that Jerusalem itself is the "temple" and that the "temple" itself is the Holy of Holies where the mercy seat is located. Both Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed at the same time when Titus sacked Jerusalem. The "third temple" Yeshua rebuilt is in our hearts, the 4th temple to come was rebuilding Jerusalem and returning to the old ways, and those old ways will resume when the sacrifices begin. This is the idea i recieved.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm sorry, did you just say the Muslims will restore Israel?

I didn't even know Muslims were Christian!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

those old ways will resume when the sacrifices begin.

Yep. So we're going to burn animals and stuff. I'm totally throwing my vote in for this god.

How about just venerating the force everything comes from, and is everything, and is in everything? Why do we have to destroy stuff to show respect?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Now.....why is it that you come to a religion and theology forum???

To harass the christians, no doubt.

If you have something to add...do so. Such a waste, you are....

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2

I just did add it. However, I find it a little disappointing that you would choose to worship someone who wants their steaks extra crispy and their blood boiled fresh on the altar.

That's exactly the image I see when I think of "veneration" and "love". Wow.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

this is a conspiracy forum
not a pulpit for preacher-wannabes
or a soap box for xtians to ram their beliefs down others throats
or insult those who question

how'd you like it if moslems, hindus, or tribal elders went door to door telling folks they are following a false belief system as xtians do?

you'd get violent; which say's a lot about xtians and their constantly pointing out the splinters in others eye
while ignoring the home depot in theirs.

that said
the op is young and merely going through a phase in his self education
but is still far away from achieving true understanding
so i refrain usually from pointing this out to him

plus he's a fellow Bleach fan

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Starchild23 is nothing but a troll, and any thread that has the name of Christ in it you will find him hating on christians. But it's ok, Starchild23 only adds to my treasure. He cannot help what he is, he is eaten up with wickedness and it shows in how he likes to run his mouth just to hear himself speak his angst.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Starchild23 is nothing but a troll, and any thread that has the name of Christ in it you will find him hating on christians. But it's ok, Starchild23 only adds to my treasure. He cannot help what he is, he is eaten up with wickedness and it shows in how he likes to run his mouth just to hear himself speak his angst.

Wait, I'm wicked? Just because I don't put my faith in a god who is defined as something other than what it has demonstrated...just because I poke holes in your faith, while you just bleat, "believe, and it shall be, for that is the power of our bloodthirsty tyrannical insane king!"...just because I would rather change my life for myself instead of waiting on a salvation that may never happen, considering our "Lord" has chosen to be the master of procrastination...

Does not make me wicked. It makes me realistic. Does the term godmod mean anything to you?

1. godmodding

Mispelling of Godmoding & God Modding in rpg and forum settings, thus the meaning is the same. The term applies to "Godly-modification" or "Godlike-modification" to a character, through skills such as evasion and the like, as well as the character's personality which usually consists of a superior "I know all, see all, and am all", et cetera.

Of course...just give him all the powers in the world and assume god knows what's best. Right. Why don't you try using science for a change? It's not like I don't believe in a godly being...according to human definition, of course.
I just don't believe an all-knowing being would lack the intellectual comprehension of understanding that to have everything is to have nothing at all.

I think Source has a plan, one that was blueprinted in every single bit of energy in existence, and that our lack of participation, destruction of materials, or absolute chaotic madness is not going to get us punished. He understands punishment teaches fear, and that fear is only effective as long as he wields the bigger stick.

Respect by love and admiration is more powerful than any fear. Try telling your "jealous" and "wrathful" god that.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I'm going to have to say that Bleach used to be good, until Ichigo lost his powers and had to go through a bunch of useless arcs explaining something that could be told in 20 episodes.

It's like watching a soap opera, except everyone has powers...besides the hero, of course.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

you're a bit behind ichigo got his powers back or are you reading the manga?
i'm strictly anime in this case horrible subs [previously dattebayo]
[sucks that it's on hiatus for a while and naruto is old recap-filler at the mo]

on topic OP should be looking at correlations between
the new Jerusalem, Camelot/Avalon and similar stories.

like i've said before; he should follow Akiba and:

"go and study"

edit on 17-4-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The question Jesus asked was in regards to Psalm 110. It was kind of a trick question, because he knew that some people were looking for the Messiah who would be of the royal David line. There had already been a couple of Messiahs from the priestly line, High Priests who also sat as ruler and leaders of armies, conquering territory for Judean kingdom. These two Messiahs were:
John Hyrcanus reigned 134 - 104 BC, died 104 BC
Alexander Jannaeus king of Judea from 103 BC to 76 BC

DerepentLEstranger says below:

like i've said before; he should follow Akiba and:

"go and study"

But Rabbi Akiba of the Tannaim (Mishnah scholars) found the Davidic Messiah he was looking for in Simon bar Kokhba (died 135 AD after his 3 year rule in independent Judea)

The Tannaim (also called sages) were working on The Branch Project, a breeding and education program to produce a person who would be the High Priest and the Son of David(from Gamaliel's line) at the same time. According to Zechariah.

Zechariah 6: 11 Yes, take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them on the head of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest; 12 and speak to him, saying, ‘Thus says Yahweh of Armies, “Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: and he shall grow up out of his place; and he shall build the temple of Yahweh; 13 even he shall build the temple of Yahweh; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule on his throne; and he shall be a priest on his throne; and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

The crowning achievement of their goal of merging families was Judah the Prince: see chart at bottom of this page: en.wikipedia.org...

The thing is this: what you are discovering is Jesus doesn't seem to have gone along with their Messiah project at all, rather he was throwing a monkey wrench into the works.

It is possible that Jerusalem could be the Abomination of Desolation. The sign of the Son of Man in heaven was given when Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed, signifying that he was reigning from heaven on his throne in his Kingdom. The reconstruction of Jerusalem was a returning to the "old ways", the jews went back to "Egypt" and chose "Babylon" over him by denying his second covenant with Israel.

The book of Hebrews comes to the same conclusion here:

Heb 9: 8 The Holy Spirit is indicating this, that the way into the Holy Place wasn’t yet revealed while the first tabernacle was still standing; 9 which is a symbol of the present age, where gifts and sacrifices are offered that are incapable, concerning the conscience, of making the worshipper perfect;

Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he would not be a priest at all, seeing there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; 5 who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things,

Hebrews 11:14 For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. 15 If indeed they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had enough time to return. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed of them, to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

For the author of Hebrews, it's only the heavenly that counts. Any earthly throne or temple is a turning back to shadows. According to Christian scripture, If Jesus showed up today, he would not build a stone temple or set up a throne. He would simply take his people. Those who want to secure Jerusalem for Jews exclusively and build a stone temple are actually serving the old Messiah model that Jesus rejected.

Christians should abhor stone temples, not build them.

edit on 20-4-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join