It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello there!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, aboriginee..I hope to see you soon in the main forums and im excited to read your threads and posts..Enjoy your stay..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ats. Looking forward to reading more from you. I lived in Germany when I was very young and my dad was in the army. Also my mom was German.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Hello sugarcookie1,

thanks for your welcome! Yes, I`m enjoying it already in here.
But I hope, that I´ll get more time soon, so that I`m able to write more.
So much interesting stuff!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Isis1967

Hello Isis1967 !

So you know Germany and maybe you still can speak German.
I like my country, but I also sometimes wish, people here would be more open-minded.
We`re living in a village since about 15 years now - and I think it`s like everywhere with villages.

There were wonderful experiences, for example that, as we just had moved in here, some musicians brought a tent back into our garden we`d loaned out for a street festival, and on the way there they played some songs on their trumpets.
And we`ve found some wonderful friends here and we have some very original neighbours with whom you can steel horses as we say in Germany.

But there are also so many narrow-minded people living their every-day life as if there was nothing more to think and talk about - sometimes I feel that they start to realize - so much change is happening.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Hello Gaussq!

Thank you for the heartly welcome!
And I haven`t answered to it - til now.
I must confess, I haven`t read your post til today.

I am 55 years old and for many years I didn`t want to do anything with computers, until I realized, how much one can get informed by the internet, and, wow, I can write in it!

So I was really confused with all the technical advises about how to post a video and so on, so much, that I didn`t see your post. And during the last months I haven`t had any time to read in the introduction forum or to write in ATS.

I agree with you in many points.
I believe in the bible, but I must confess, I don`t go to any church, also during the last years at least.
For me it`s like standig between the left and the right shoe of the body of Christ.

There are the Catholics and the Protestants, who state, that they believe in Christ, but they don`t believe in his power and they refuse much of his word. Their shoe is too big, so they can`t move shurely, and they stumble.

And how about churches, that believe in the bible?
They condamn homosexuality, teach an eternal hell, a creation within 6 days and that only Christians get saved.
But in the original text and when you include the whole context, such things aren`t written in the bible. Their shoe is too narrow, so they can`t move fast and only along little ways. The body of Christ therefore doesn`t move very attractively.

My husband, our eldest son and me, we pray together.

Yes, I think that nature and cosmos somehow are alive. The bible tells, that the creation, at least on earth, is suffering and waiting for the revelation of the freedom of the children of god.
But through quantum physics (and I love physics, but not, what humanity did with them) we know, that there is much more connection, even to the farest places of the universe, than we can imagine.

I also believe, that near - death experiences are true. People move to a light, which is a person full of love. They watch their lives pass in front of their inner eyes, their minds and hearts, they are ashamed of bad things, which they have done and they experience forgiveness.

Jesus said: I am the light .... and who comes to the light and judges himself - he is judged.
A German doctor in a hospital for heart - diseases examined that phenomenon, and he stated, that about 25% (but that shouldn`t be a statistical number) of his patients, even from other religions and cultures, made such experiences.

But, many Christians may argument, there is nothing told about the cross and forgiveness only through the dead of Christ, so that doesn`t match.
Yes, Jesus is the foundation of salvation (even for people like Abraham and David from the Old Testament), god will tell them later, I think.

Imagine he would tell them and they would come back and speak about it, how would some Christians react, how would people of other beliefs and cultures feel, would faith stay faith, or would it be knowledge?

I know, that my faith is the right one, but I don`t know, if I`m the right believer. I don`t know whether people who believe in other religions act with much more love than me. Or there may be people. who suffered much in their childhood for example and who give not much, but all they can - blessed are those, who suffer, said Jesus - maybe they give much more than me.
And that`s what counts in the bible, and that`s what makes me humble towards people of other religions or people who can`t believe because of their bad experiences or because they can`t believe in a god, who throws people into an eternal hell.

Heartly greetings, Aboriginee

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aboriginee

Correction, I meant 25% of the doc`s patients who died and came back, not of all his patients.
And excuse my English. Right is: ...his death, and not ...his dead.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join