It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this world coming to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
www.ibtimes.com...

Not only is it bad enough that someone stole 7 guitars from Tom Petty, but he's only offering $7,500 as a reward?

I could be wrong but I get the feeling they're worth a lot more than that.

Tom Petty seems like one of the "good guys" in rock-n-roll and doesn't deserve this kind of grief. But still, he could up the ante for the return of his instruments.

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

You would think they are worth more than that, but in reality, they aren't because they are specially designed to play only three chords.

Seriously, though, that comes to over 1000.00 per guitar. Sure, they are worth more, but should he pay full price for his own gear? He doens't have to offer a reward at all. I remember reading that Pink Floyd had all of their equipment stolen in New Orleans while on tour in the early 70s.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The way I see it, who's gonna bring back the guitars? The ascheholen that stole 'em. (Armpits. That means armpits.) It's really pretty big of him, considering. It's more than they deserve but less than the potential profit they might reap. Kinda bounces the ball back to their court. Kinda no win for Tom.

NotQuiteRight, three chords? What? You' not quite... oh. You already know. Be well, my skewed friend.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

An equally big fan friend of mine called me the other day.
He told me he had back stage passes and actually met and talked with Tom.
He said "Man, he is the coolest m f er you'll ever meet!!
What a shame

top topics

join